Texas Fishing Forum

Squaw Creek booked full

Posted By: SC-001

Squaw Creek booked full - 01/10/19 06:02 PM

Is this the first weekend this winter its been booked or has it been most weekends?
Posted By: FX runner

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/10/19 06:33 PM

Lotta tourneys there this time of year. By thurs. most weekends booked
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/10/19 06:35 PM

Seems to be a lot of spots available and then come Wed and Thur (if weather looks good on Sat and Sun), there is a run on the bank and it ends up fully booked
Posted By: FX runner

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/10/19 06:39 PM

I just looked and Saturday looks booked. Sunday available
Posted By: buda13

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/10/19 06:39 PM

Including last weekend every Saturday for the month of January is fully booked..... Thursday, Friday, and Sunday usually dont fill up.
Posted By: JWalls

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 01:41 AM

Cleared a few duplicate reservations for the 12th and 19th. There are a few spots back open.
Posted By: SWH

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 02:51 AM

Will both reactors be running?
Posted By: needmofish

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 02:58 AM

Should be up and running by weekend or first of next week.
Posted By: JWalls

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 03:24 AM

Just one on the 12th. Should be two by the 19th.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 01:00 PM

Go in March. Fish alone.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 01:38 PM

I was told by the lady at the pay booth to just show up if it’s booked. There is always no shows.
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 03:53 PM

Gotta tell ya , had to work for em yesterday , fishing Sunday for a club Tournament , Will be drop shotting in 100 ft H2O .
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 05:23 PM

Man that lake is a waste of time with 150 boats lol.... Guess people are really that desperate
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 06:35 PM

Celina Bass Club is there tomorrow.

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
Celina Bass Club is there tomorrow.

Along with 1 open and at least 2 more clubs.... then another 4 or 5 tournaments scheduled for Sunday.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 07:08 PM

This is nothing new for Squaw

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 10:44 PM

I remember when they first opened Squaw after 9/11 , have been fishing it since , things have changed out there , one thing for sure , they making a butt load of $$$$$ .
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 10:55 PM

Odds of being called off lake tomorrow for a little wind????
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 11:26 PM

They are not suppose too but who knows. I would think as long as it does NOT stay at 25mph then they will let you go,
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/11/19 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hog Jaw
I remember when they first opened Squaw after 9/11 , have been fishing it since , things have changed out there , one thing for sure , they making a butt load of $$$$$ .

They actually lose money the whole year.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/12/19 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Man that lake is a waste of time with 150 boats lol.... Guess people are really that desperate

Couldn't agree more. Was scheduled to fish a charity tournament there on the 19th. Think I will just donate some money instead. It's an individual tournament at that. I'm guessing a guy might get shot launching solo there on a weekend.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/12/19 12:41 AM

Everyone's gonna be holding hands on the north banks tomorrow too.... roflmao
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/13/19 06:47 PM

Anybody remember when squaw had walleye and hybrid stripers in it?
Walleye were excellent to eat and throwing spoons and top water lures at schools of stripers was a blast. Thats when the cafe was opened. Made a great day. Four to five lb stripers would make your hands hurt

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/13/19 06:56 PM

I will give it a go next saturday, both reactors are supposed to be rolling by then, from everything I've heard guys really aren't sandbagging, the fishing is really sucking there with water temp cooler than normal...
Posted By: djones03

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/13/19 08:13 PM

I don’t think it has much to do with lower water temps, but just a 3000 acre lake that has been hammered for 4 years and it’s starting to show. Just my humble opinion. Only time will tell.

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/13/19 08:24 PM

Club tournament yesterday, 9.85#, 5 fish won it. Miserable day on the water and water temp about 63.6 most places we fished. Amazing how fast the launch line moves!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/13/19 09:01 PM

My buddy took first in his T with 17 and some change yesterday out there.

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/13/19 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Couldn't agree more. Was scheduled to fish a charity tournament there on the 19th. Think I will just donate some money instead. It's an individual tournament at that. I'm guessing a guy might get shot launching solo there on a weekend.

It isn’t bad. Just have your stuff together and ready. Back the boat in, pull it to the little pocket to the left of the ramp and beach it. Then get your truck off the ramp. Takes about 2 minutes.

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/14/19 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by djones03
I don’t think it has much to do with lower water temps, but just a 3000 acre lake that has been hammered for 4 years and it’s starting to show. Just my humble opinion. Only time will tell.

Try 8 years, bud talked to someone that had a 16lb sack saturday, pretty stout considering the other tournty weights

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/14/19 08:38 PM

Ultrex was our friend.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/14/19 09:20 PM

I tried to book for Feb 16 and it would not let me book that date, it says partially booked in the little box below, not sure what to do, I have a tourney on that day. eek
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/14/19 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
I tried to book for Feb 16 and it would not let me book that date, it says partially booked in the little box below, not sure what to do, I have a tourney on that day. eek

It will let you tomorrow, I think 30 days out is all it will let you

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 12:14 AM

Ultrex was our friend.

I lost count Saturday of how many times I said “I wish I had an ultrex”.
roflmao
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Clark3

Originally Posted by Happykamper

It will let you tomorrow, I think 30 days out is all it will let you

Thanks thumb

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
Ultrex was our friend.

roflmao

I lost count wishing I had a Fortex again. f-in POS Ultrex. Broken again. During a tourney Saturday. I had to idle into less than 8ft spots and pole down. For 5-6 hours. Then....it worked fine again.

This time it’s gonna be a warranty shops problem. Lol.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 12:50 AM

Crazy never had any ultrex problems

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 02:12 AM

My brother has his in shop , only 3 months old .
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Ultrex was our friend.

roflmao

I lost count wishing I had a Fortex again. f-in POS Ultrex. Broken again. During a tourney Saturday. I had to idle into less than 8ft spots and pole down. For 5-6 hours. Then....it worked fine again.

I kept my x5 after letting my buddy be the genie pig of owning an ultrex for a year.still can't beat it when its not broken

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by bradnitro175
Ultrex was our friend.

roflmao

I kept my x5 after letting my buddy be the genie pig of owning an ultrex for a year.still can't beat it when its not broken

Right. When it works.

I’ve replaced the folllowing.

Cable sets 2x
On/off switch
Pivot bushings 2x
Lift assist strut
Cable jacket

This time
The prop shaft is exhibiting fore and aft play almost a half inch
Cable jacket has cracked again
Pivot bushings are creaking again
Motor shuts off for extended periods of time. It’s not the MOO button or the magnetic switch(that needs constant adjusting)
Spot lock is severely wandering. Way more than normal.

Jeez. I wish Lowrance would release there Ultrex killer sooner.

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 03:17 AM

That and the Garmin/powerpole one are what I'm waiting on, until then I will stick with my reliable motorguide tour model
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 03:31 AM

Sounds like Steez is rougher on that Ultrex than the ole Jeep he towed the boat with that day he took me fishin…... bolt
Posted By: 361V

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Legend LE-195

That and the Garmin/powerpole one are what I'm waiting on, until then I will stick with my reliable motorguide tour model
To be the guinea pig on another brand new high tech product? Not me!

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Sounds like Steez is rougher on that Ultrex than the ole Jeep he towed the boat with that day he took me fishin…... bolt

roflmao
Does Toyota have a trolling motor coming out?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 01:13 PM

Ultrex was our friend.

roflmao

Now Steez I've seen several post on here where you admitted you were rough on your Ultrex so maybe it's not all the Ultrex fault. You can only run it into rocks and bend the shaft so many times before it needs attention. I've been running mine for a year now and works as good as the day I bought it. I definitely fish more and longer since I've had it. I'm just sayin' be nicer to your Ultrex and it will be nice to you. thumb

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 01:25 PM

I’ll be the first to admit that I have been using the thing ...a lot.

The things I’m having issues with are things I believe I have not cause of. I replace propellers often, bought both sets of cables. And the bushings COULD have been a result of using the thing in timber.

The other stuff, even cosmetic things I haven’t mentioned, are QC issues. I have also replaced the plastic sides and the nose “ramp” on the mount due to severe fading. The boat is covered when not in use, it it’s used more than covered.

I don’t care if the trolling motor costs $4000! I want to fish worry free.
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 01:27 PM

[quote=SteezMacQueen][quote=buda13][quote=forkduc]Ultrex was our friend.

Motor shuts off for extended periods of time. It’s not the MOO button or the magnetic switch(that needs constant adjusting)

I had a problem when I first installed my Ultrex with it shutting off on me, then it would work again 5 minutes later. If you have the TM connected to a circuit breaker that automatically resets, you probably need to replace it with a 60A one on each battery. If that's not it, then maybe the Aggie is right. LOL
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 02:16 PM

I’ll be the first to admit that I have been using the thing ...a lot.

The things I’m having issues with are things I believe I have not cause of. I replace propellers often, bought both sets of cables. And the bushings COULD have been a result of using the thing in timber.

The other stuff, even cosmetic things I haven’t mentioned, are QC issues. I have also replaced the plastic sides and the nose “ramp” on the mount due to severe fading. The boat is covered when not in use, it it’s used more than covered.

I don’t care if the trolling motor costs $4000! I want to fish worry free.

You just alerted to me possibly another reason for your problems. You probably fish 4-5 times more than anyone on here. An analogy would be: the normal warranty on a vehicle is 36,000 miles or 3 years which ever occurs first. If your Ultrex had the same warranty you used it up in 6 months so yes it's going to have more wear and tear on it and need some repairs on it other than cosmetic. The Ultrex has many features that aren't available on other trolling motors and they get worn too. I'd say you've got good use from your Ultrex and should expect some repairs here and there. Even a Rolls Royce will have issues if you take it to the drag strip.
thumb

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/15/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSkeeter13
[quote=SteezMacQueen][quote=buda13][quote=forkduc]Ultrex was our friend.

I had a problem when I first installed my Ultrex with it shutting off on me, then it would work again 5 minutes later. If you have the TM connected to a circuit breaker that automatically resets, you probably need to replace it with a 60A one on each battery. If that's not it, then maybe the Aggie is right. LOL

I think they breakers are 50A each. They are new, but I took them from a power window kit I had lying around at work. Maybe I should look at those. Thanks for the suggestion.

Re: Squaw Creek booked full - 01/20/19 05:19 PM

Did they let anyone out of the buoys yesterday, we cancelled
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum