Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance trouble

Posted By: FishFAN

Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 04:13 PM

Help! Who is the Dallas area Lowrance guru?

My bow 12" unit has lost touch-screen capabilities and I'm having trouble getting the unit to power up where I can see. I can tell the unit is on but it's not visible.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 04:23 PM

What generation 2 or 3? If it’s a GEN3 Try hitting the power key once you know it’s on to get your backlight to brighten and there should be a a selection for touchscreen lock in your settings if it’s a gen2 I’m not sure someone else will have to chime in

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 04:28 PM

I have a Gen 3; can't work the lock setting because touchscreen does not operate,
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 05:29 PM

You can temporarily lock a touchscreen to prevent accidental operation of the system. Lock the touchscreen when large amounts of water are on the screen, for example, in heavy seas and weather. This feature is also useful when cleaning the screen while the unit is turned on.
When the touch lock is active you can only operate the unit from the keys.
To prevent false touchscreen activation the touchscreen will automatically lock when it detects a significant amount of water on the screen.
You lock the touchscreen from the System Controls dialog. You remove the lock function by a short press on the Power key.

That’s out of page 24 in the instruction manual of that doesn’t work then maybe a soft reset would be next to try
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 07:28 PM

This past summer mine was doing the same thing. Try a soft reset and if that doesn't do it, try a hard reset. This video has decent instructions on how to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCudDNFCfYE
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 07:37 PM

I had a similar problem last summer. I ended up speaking with Lowrance support, and they walked me through the soft reset like in the video above from Fishinfellow. Good luck.

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 07:42 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

I was hoping someone could refer me to a good Lowrance technician. I've tried soft and hard resets.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 07:49 PM

I've had good luck taking mine to Garland BPS. Carl has helped me many times, of course I bought mine there. I recently bought a new Garmin from him and he was real helpful showing some short cuts. Even if you didn't he has demo's there and you could show him your problem. He also does on the water instructions.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/02/19 08:20 PM

As asked above, have you pressed the power button a few times while you know the unit is on? Any chance you turned the backlight down to nothing or ran the graph at night?

I once could hear my graph beeping, couldn’t see the screen. Finally threw a towel over the screen and saw the backlight was so low that I couldn’t see the screen in the light.
Posted By: Dug71

Re: Lowrance trouble - 01/03/19 02:33 PM

Is your battery good? I've seen them loose touch capabilities just from a low battery.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum