Texas Fishing Forum

Soft plastic storage

Posted By: CB2011

Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 02:21 AM

Looking for some new ideas on how to store plastics in the boat. Post some pics if you have a clean set up.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 02:46 AM

Don’t have a new idea. I use what works though. 1 gallon zip lock bags. In alphabetical order.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 02:50 AM

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Bass-Pro-Shops-Extreme-LargeDouble-Worm-Binder-or-Replacement-Pages
Posted By: 361V

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 02:54 AM

Yep, leave em in their bags and put the bags in gallon zip lock bags. Label bags with a sharpie on what catagory/type plastics is in each bag. “Big Worms”, “Finesse Worms”, “Craws”, “Creature Baits”......Simple, easy, cheap & efficient.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 04:04 AM

Plano Speed Bags

or

Sterilite Storage Box These stack well in the garage and in a boat compartment.

I leave everything in their original bags
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by CB2011
Looking for some new ideas on how to store plastics in the boat.Post some pics if you have a clean set up.

Well that leaves me out.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 04:22 AM

I hate the bags, so I stick them into Plano boxes.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 04:57 AM

I also use the plastic storage boxes that look like shoe boxes..Works well for me.
Posted By: Jawz

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by 361V
Yep, leave em in their bags and put the bags in gallon zip lock bags. Label bags with a sharpie on what catagory/type plastics is in each bag. “Big Worms”, “Finesse Worms”, “Craws”, “Creature Baits”......Simple, easy, cheap & efficient.

Yep this in my opinion is the best way.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 04:57 PM

Yep, leave em in their bags and put the bags in gallon zip lock bags. Label bags with a sharpie on what category/type plastics is in each bag. “Big Worms”, “Finesse Worms”, “Craws”, “Creature Baits”......Simple, easy, cheap & efficient.

This also works best for me.... fish
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bassin 4 a Livin

Yep this in my opinion is the best way.

Yep...
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 05:22 PM

That's what I do. Easy to maintain and easy to find what I need quickly.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I hate the bags, so I stick them into Plano boxes.

[Linked Image]

Hahaha, I also have a container for "Big A$$ worms" roflmao
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 05:41 PM

Money bags
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkus
I also use the plastic storage boxes that look like shoe boxes..Works well for me.

I used to do the gallon bag thing but now I store them in the plastic boxes with snap on lids as well. This works a ton better for me.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by rxkid2001
Money bags

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/01/19 10:57 PM

I saw the idea to use women's mesh lingerie bag's from one of Ken Smiths videos the other day (https://youtu.be/4nojr-zKU2E?t=224). I have been using gallon bags, but I feel like these give the added advantage of letting your bags dry out and being easier to zip. Price wise they are both cheap so its not an issue. I am going to be giving these a try soon I think.
Posted By: jcastleman

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 01:28 AM

These are what I switched to early last year. Locking drawstring so that they don't spill while running and a tag that you can label with a marker with what types of baits you have in them. If you have the extra space you can just throw/stuff them in a compartment without having to worry about them fitting perfectly like a rigid box and they are see through unlike the standard soft sided worm bags. Come in multiple sizes to fit your needs.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007K671CM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 03:21 AM

I use the shoe box size plastic container with compartments. Then store my baits in order of what I use the most. Sinkos ,Brush hogs, flukes. The last few spaces has a mix of everything else. Refill as needed from the stock pile. At the dock I get out what I think I'm using for the day put them on top of the storage box and spike and spray them all.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 12:31 PM

same here
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 01:53 PM

This:

Sterilite Storage Box. Same as Monty Wright.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 03:52 PM

Thats the way I do it too. I use a bag to fish out of also, might have a little of each type i'm using. That way what I'm using that day stays on top and I dont end up with a bunch of opened bags of the same bait. good system for me.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 03:53 PM

I use the Academy bag.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/h2o-xpress-dual-wrap-worm-binder#repChildCatid=5128656
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 04:04 PM

I like the Jumbo 2.5 gallon slider lock bags (keeping plastics in original packaging)--available at Wmart.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/02/19 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ring fry
This:

Sterilite Storage Box. Same as Monty Wright.

SE Kansas grass grower

Same here- Walmart, cheap
Made dividers out of 1/2 in plywood.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cwrennell

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/03/19 06:18 AM

Plano deep open compartment works great just label by type of plastic then throw the bags in there.
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/03/19 07:08 AM

[Linked Image]

I have boxes and these shelves built right by the boat. I can stand in the boat and load up what I need depending on the lake and conditions.
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/03/19 09:29 PM

[Linked Image]

pick what you want when you want!
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/03/19 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wes H
I saw the idea to use women's mesh lingerie bag's from one of Ken Smiths videos the other day (https://youtu.be/4nojr-zKU2E?t=224). I have been using gallon bags, but I feel like these give the added advantage of letting your bags dry out and being easier to zip. Price wise they are both cheap so its not an issue. I am going to be giving these a try soon I think.

Someone posted this idea about a year ago. I'm using it now and it has worked out pretty good. I keep a "day box" with baits I use most often and then other baits got in these bags.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/04/19 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by crowsie14
[Linked Image]

Hard to pick when you’re at the lake. cheers
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: Soft plastic storage - 01/04/19 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by crowsie14

Hard to pick when you’re at the lake. cheers

Grout, I need some lake time! Hope the fish are biting down at choke, I haven’t even had the boat out since November and the duck hunting aint getting any better! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum