Texas Fishing Forum

Titanium Umbrella Rig

Posted By: befuddled

Titanium Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 04:35 AM

Is titanium ( not tungsten) the better material for umbrella rig arms?
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 12:53 PM

I wouldn't think so. Not the arms. They need to flex a bit and tungsten doesn't.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 01:29 PM

The design is more important
I have a strike king titanium umbrella rig and much prefer the significantly cheaper yum flash mob
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 01:52 PM

Tungsten or titanium???
Posted By: befuddled

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 04:18 PM

Oops! I meant titanium
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 04:44 PM

The better material with those is the least expensive rig, or at least for me... I can’t justify throwing a $30 hawg farmer etc...
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 04:52 PM

I like the IDEA behind the titanium rigs, and I bought a few of them when they first came out. You don't ever have to bend the wires out like on a flash mob jr. But the ones I had were flimsy wires, the baits don't fan out when you're reeling them in, they are all bunched up in a real tight group. Just didn't feel like I was getting as many bites on them.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/25/18 06:10 PM

I’ve used the Strike King Tour titanium rig. The titanium wires break on big fish. Ruining the rig and losing the fish.
Posted By: Coach2

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/26/18 04:38 AM

Flash mob all the way. I never catch anything on it but it's the only one I throw. Lol
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/26/18 04:56 AM

Are the flash mobs a good quality product?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/26/18 10:59 AM

They are not the greatest quality but have good action and are widely available for $10
If around bigger fish, upgrading the snaps, swivels, and hooks/jig heads would be a good idea (but you’d end up almost tripling the cost)

They are smaller and lighter than most a-rigs, so you don’t have to throw them on a ridiculous 8foot extra heavy broomstick
Posted By: Joey Watts

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/26/18 02:00 PM

You guys that are liking the Flash Mob need to try mine. Customers tell me they are pretty close but mine will hold up better. Plus they are on sale for the next few days. Enter Christmas20 and you can get 20 % off on them. My little Mini Rig is another good one.

https://www.flatlandscustomtackle.com/store/p87/Skooly_Rig_Junior.html
Posted By: cwrennell

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/26/18 07:05 PM

Hog Farmer is the best without a doubt!
Posted By: Tyler822

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/26/18 07:27 PM

I’ve been throwing the Flash Mob Jr the last couple months Striper fishing. I’ve been pretty impressed with how they’ve held up. The only broken arms or swivels have been on foul hooked arms. Haven’t lost a single fish. I’m getting 2-3 trips out of each rig, 10-20 stripers per trip.
Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/27/18 09:07 PM

I have been excessively throwing the same 2 Hog Farmer's for almost 3 years now and never had failure on blades, swivels, split rings, or wires. It was worth every penny because I know with the largemouth and striper I have caught on those rigs I would've had to buy 8-10 Flash Mob's. Definitely worth the money and confidence in your equipment.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/27/18 09:38 PM

So from reading the posts basically you either pay up front for a good bait or you keep replacing cheaper baits in smaller increments. Either way you probably still end up spending about the same. Most prefer low initial cost.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/28/18 01:33 AM

Hog Farmer all the way. A-rig is not a lure I use all year mostly just when the water is cooler and in the fall. So I don’t mind spending the money when ur only gonna need to own 2 hog farmers for a whole year lol
Posted By: LvilleLrat

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/28/18 02:29 AM

http://www.nekidtackle.com/new-products-1/60-lb-duo-lock-with-2-willow-blade-ronrigs

This guy is in Lewisville and makes the best one I’ve used. Still have a few that are 2 years old and I throw them a lot.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/28/18 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Hog Farmer all the way. A-rig is not a lure I use all year mostly just when the water is cooler and in the fall. So I don’t mind spending the money when ur only gonna need to own 2 hog farmers for a whole year lol

Which Hog Farmer are y’all using?
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/28/18 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Matt1212
Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Which Hog Farmer are y’all using?

https://hogfarmerbaits.com/products/hog-farmer-baits-5-arm-rig?variant=13090819178547
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/28/18 04:32 AM

Thank ya cheers
Posted By: Bigguy1

Re: Tungsten Umbrella Rig - 12/28/18 08:13 PM

Titanium rig is good in theory due to the flex for a couple of reasons but the ones I have tried (all SK) have had an arm break off pretty quickly so now I do not throw them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum