Texas Fishing Forum

Conquest vs NRX

Posted By: Ibock

Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 07:43 PM

Wanting to here people who have tried both. Are the conquest worth 20 percent more?
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 09:03 PM

I have a question for you Isaiah:

Is the SL65 worth 20% more than the SL63?
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 09:19 PM

That's really a question only you can answer
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 10:06 PM

The conquest is the lightest most sensitive rod I've ever laid hands on. Value is going to be in the hand of the caster. Another option is to shoot the gap. If you shop around online you can usually find conquest rods brand new close to 20% off regular retail. Of course the same could be said for the NRX, but your wife doesn't need to know that.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 10:39 PM

If it is noticeably lighter than the NRX and as strong I'd be a buyer. But I'm old and light is important. Love my NRXs.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 11:00 PM

I love my NRX's but the handle is a little short for my preference for most applications.

The Conquest handle is longer by a little bit. It is not noticeably lighter to me but it is extremely light.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
I have a question for you Isaiah:

Is the SL65 worth 20% more than the SL63?

AMG? Hammer addition?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 11:03 PM

Not in the habit of lying to my wife but might feel compelled to out of embarrassment on this one: https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_G_Loomis_Conquest_MBR_Casting_Rods/descpage-LCQ.html (Now all the lonely guys will start posting how they “don’t answer to anyone and do whatever they want”) laugh

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/17/18 11:56 PM

I do what I want.....1% of the time . Lol... maybe .01 percent of the time
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 12:07 AM

Is a 2500$ Swarovski worth three times as much as a top Leupold??? Small percentage points in sensitivity or lightness make zero sense to me unless you fish for a living

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 12:17 AM

Like the $10,000 Focal Grand Utopia car speakers vs the $1,200 Focal KRX3 car speakers I guess. The differences between them may not even be noticeable in terms of performance, but building processes vs return on investment to produce them may cause a serious price increase.

I think the Conquest costs a significant amount more to produce and GLoomis knows they have to increase the price to compensate for fewer units that will be produced. Maybe I’m wrong. Who knows.

I do know that the 10k price for the speakers includes round trip accommodations to France to watch the speakers be built. Maybe GLoomis is gonna throw in some Southwest Airlines tickets to Washington to a buyer. Lol.
Posted By: pg79

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 12:23 AM

Love the 2 and 3 power NRX's. 852c, 853c, 822DSR and 893c

Would be very interested in higher power Conquest.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 12:27 AM

I caught 8 bass at Welsh last Wednesday with my 7'-0" $49.00 All Star Classic rod I bought at Academy and my Ford FX speakers sound great especially with the bass tweaked a little bit. They're the ones that came with the truck too. thumb

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
I caught 8 bass at Welsh last Wednesday with my 7'-0" $49.00 All Star Classic rod I bought at Academy and my Ford FX speakers sound great especially with the bass tweaked a little bit. They're the ones that came with the truck too. thumb

Same here. I use H2O Ethos rods and have the factory Toyota speakers in my truck.

But, I do have some Focal speakers in my Skeeter. Lol. I listened to the Cowboys get slaughtered yesterday while fishing Squaw.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 12:53 AM

Watch tactical bassin high end combo video they explain the difference between the conquest and nrx
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by pg79
Love the 2 and 3 power NRX's. 852c, 853c, 822DSR and 893c

Would be very interested in higher power Conquest.

Same here the 852 853 873 893 are great... the 894 895 are just too tip heavy for me.
Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 01:04 AM

Prove it. You probably don’t even have power poles.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Same here. I use H2O Ethos rods and have the factory Toyota speakers in my truck.

But, I do have some Focal speakers in my Skeeter. Lol. I listened to the Cowboys get slaughtered yesterday while fishing Squaw.

I caught my 14.19 with an All Star rod. I don't think they know or care what kind of rod and reel you use just hurry up and get that dam hook out of their mouth and let'em get back to swimming.
thumb

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

I caught my 14.19 with an All Star rod. I don't think they know or care what kind of rod and reel you use just hurry up and get that dam hook out of their mouth and let'em get back to swimming.
thumb

Tactical Bassin Matt caught his pb 17 something HAND lining, that doesnt mean he wants to go fishing hand lining or recommends anyone else do it.

I fail to understand why every time someone asks about high end rods people feel the need to say they fish with garbage... thats great we all have fished with garbage at a time in our lives. Fishing is my hobby I enjoy buying stuff and giving it away later for next to nothing or nothing to some neighborhood kids.

You calling my fishing tackle garbage dude ?

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 01:20 AM

thumb

Tactical Bassin Matt caught his pb 17 something HAND lining, that doesnt mean he wants to go fishing hand lining or recommends anyone else do it.

I fail to understand why every time someone asks about high end rods people feel the need to say they fish with garbage... thats great we all have fished with garbage at a time in our lives. Fishing is my hobby I enjoy buying stuff and giving it away later for next to nothing or nothing to some neighborhood kids.

I’m tired of breaking $500 rods. That’s why I use cheap [censored]. But, I do outfit the Ethos rods with Steez and Super Stallion reels. Lol. So, least I can say I’m using a $650-$700 “combo”!

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by CoyAintNoGoldFish

Prove it. You probably don’t even have power poles.

No but I have a Ultrex, a Helix , a 93sv Garmin and a SHO that runs like a top.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 02:00 AM

[/quote]
[/quote]

I erased it that was insensitive...

I have a source for nrx at 430 shipped... at least thats what he sold me 3 for this week and 2 were 595 rods.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 02:26 AM

[/quote]

I erased it that was insensitive...

I have a source for nrx at 430 shipped... at least thats what he sold me 3 for this week and 2 were 595 rods.[/quote]

You’re all right. Nobody here has thin skin.

I used to get flamed for harping on how great my Steez and Megabass collection was. I’ve since learned that I catch more fish when I don’t waste time worrying about stepping on a $500-$800 rod. I catch more fish with all the extra time I save by not having to re sock a rod and put it under the deck each time I want to change baits. Lol. It’s also nice to go to Academy and buy 12 new rods instead of Southwest or Japan tackle and getting one for for the same money.

It’s all in what’s important to you. It’s all good. The better rods are more sensitive. Sometimes.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 03:19 AM

I prefer the NRX over the Conquest, I really couldn't tell a big difference in the Conquest and my GLX rods. Not saying that they aren't great rods.
Posted By: J-2

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 02:28 PM

I have both and prefer the Conquest. Its a matter of opinion. Go play with them both.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/18/18 07:17 PM

I believe TackleTour has done reviews of both.
Posted By: Corey C. Metroplex Insurance

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 12:16 PM

I have both on my deck at all times. The conquest gets used 90% and NRX 10%.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 01:08 PM

I'm just glad that I cannot afford either of them.
Posted By: J-2

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke

I know better. Just peddle a few more shrooms.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 02:34 PM

No [censored] , I wouldn't feel good stomping around boat with 500 dollar rods laying around.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

No [censored] , I wouldn't feel good stomping around boat with 500 dollar rods laying around.

The real issue is going to be having a non boater from a draw partner club.... Im not looking forward to that. I will probably keep all my rods on the one side they cant get near.

All my bottom contact are Nrx now.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 04:29 PM

I-Bock--how did that custom rod build turn out?

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 04:35 PM

I decided not to go custom and get a Conquest. I think I will build a custom in the future

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 04:46 PM

It's not so much the affordability it's a matter of what better use could I make of that money. Buy 4 - $600 rods or a Ultrex. An idiot could answer that question, without a doubt you buy the Ultrex. Now do I buy 4- $500 rods or 8 All Star rods and 6 Johnny Morris reels and 2 Daiwa reels. I chose the All Star rods, JM and Daiwa reels. I make my decisions based on what fits my needs and I have no use for 5 and 600 dollar rods. My tackle is far from being garbage regardless of what I paid for it. GIG'EM

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 04:51 PM

It's not so much the affordability it's a matter of what better use could I make of that money. Buy 4 - $600 rods or a Ultrex. An idiot could answer that question, without a doubt you buy the Ultrex. Now do I buy 4- $500 rods or 8 All Star rods and 6 Johnny Morris reels and 2 Daiwa reels. I chose the All Star rods, JM and Daiwa reels. I make my decisions based on what fits my needs and I have no use for 5 and 600 dollar rods. My tackle is far from being garbage regardless of what I paid for it. GIG'EM

yep it all works.. I thought the carbonlite two reels were awesome for the price when I first started buying better equipment... then I got a aldebaran, and noticed the carbonlites were fading quickly in their working ability, maybe they just needed cleaned I dont know. but I wanted lighter once I started buying lighter better rods.

Now I have all daiwa steez sv tws reels at 500-515 each and lews hypermags for the really heavy lifting at 225 on ebay. All on Nrx, Fx customs, or a few lews rods. I have two Reel time rods customs left also for frogging.
Posted By: cwrennell

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 07:25 PM

You should search up Pride Rods, https://priderods.com/index.html. High quality North Fork composite Blanks, Fuji Guides, Fuji Reel Seat, and Made In America but much cheaper than the NRX and Conquest.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Carson Rennell
You should search up Pride Rods, https://priderods.com/index.html. High quality North Fork composite Blanks, Fuji Guides, Fuji Reel Seat, and Made In America but much cheaper than the NRX and Conquest.

Dude you have all of 3 post on this forum and all 3 are pushing your rod. Buy a sponsorship or zip it.

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Dude you have all of 3 post on this forum and all 3 are pushing your rod. Buy a sponsorship or zip it.

Haha. Dang man, you’re mean. frkazoid
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/22/18 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Haha. Dang man, you’re mean. frkazoid

Tuff love

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/23/18 01:54 AM

Rough crowd on this one... wink
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/23/18 02:55 PM

I have one nrx, love the rod but it’s been nothing but trouble. Loose reel seat warrantied out, on its third guide repair currently. Probably won’t get any more.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/23/18 05:17 PM

I checked out your link and read the history since I have never heard of Pride rods. I had a few of the early model Allstar rods and loved them. I only had two Castaway rods but I liked both of them. Kistlers, I had a bunch of them and still have a few of them I still use, the LTA's and the KLX's. If the Pride rods are like the ones mentioned they should be good quality but the entry price point of $329 is too much for a lot of people. At that entry level they are eliminating a lot of potential buyers.

I clicked on the picture of the frog and looked at the M/H and the H action fast tip rods and have a question... Why does the M/H fast tip have a lure rating of 3/8-1 1/4oz and the H action fast tip have a lure rating of 1/4-1 1/4 and the handle on the M/H is longer than the handle on the H?? Since both are 7ft rods why does one of them have a longer handle? Are you sure they have their information listed correctly?

How many of these rods do you have and which ones are thy?

Re: Conquest vs NRX - 12/23/18 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

I checked out your link and read the history since I have never heard of Pride rods. I had a few of the early model Allstar rods and loved them. I only had two Castaway rods but I liked both of them. Kistlers, I had a bunch of them and still have a few of them I still use, the LTA's and the KLX's. If the Pride rods are like the ones mentioned they should be good quality but the entry price point of $329 is too much for a lot of people. At that entry level they are eliminating a lot of potential buyers.

I clicked on the picture of the frog and looked at the M/H and the H action fast tip rods and have a question... Why does the M/H fast tip have a lure rating of 3/8-1 1/4oz and the H action fast tip have a lure rating of 1/4-1 1/4 and the handle on the M/H is longer than the handle on the H?? Since both are 7ft rods why does one of them have a longer handle? Are you sure they have their information listed correctly?

How many of these rods do you have and which ones are thy?

I looked at them also and I think the price point is cheap. These would be the cheapest North Fork blank rods out there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum