Texas Fishing Forum

Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas!

Posted By: Okie Poke

Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/02/18 09:50 PM

With exception of the Cara Line. I guess that's alright since all I buy is Cara's, anyways. I sure won't buy anything else from them, though...I like to spend my money on good ole'fashioned "Made in USA" products. flag
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/02/18 11:14 PM

Disappointing
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 12:23 AM

You talk to Brady ?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 12:32 AM

eek2
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 12:38 AM

Not a surprise, seems like 90% of them are made in China.
Posted By: Big Kahuna Fishing

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 02:35 AM

Hmmmmm, been using Falcon rods for a while.
Started with the Bucoo line, have moved up to Cara and lowriders.

Just got a couple Kistler KLX rods, have not tried them out, but they are light.

Looks like I may move to made in TEXAS, USA !!!
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 02:52 AM

It was my understanding the Cara and Jason Christie models were the only ones made in USA.
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 03:05 AM

Source of info?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 03:26 AM

It’s my understanding that the Cara’s are still made here. The new Expert and Lowriders are from over seas. But almost every rod munufacturer out there are getting them made over seas. Very few companies still building local.
I mainly use Cara’s and love them. Plan on getting a few cranking rods in the new low rider. But either way Falcon still has some of the best rods out. Just look at how hard it is to find used ones. Not too many people let go of them.

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: IIIMag
Source of info?

reliable
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 10:59 AM

Heard the same thing from another very reliable source.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 11:47 AM

Here's a chore for some of you, go into your favorite tackle store and try to find something made in the U.S.A. Nearly impossible. I was in need of a new PFD and every one at BPS is made in China. Pretty sure most Strike King lures are made in Costa Rica. Think you would put hooks on a square bill all day for $50 a week? Chinese will. As a golfer I understand that most if not all the pieces that make up a golf club are made in other countries, mostly China, Taiwan and Japan but some are assembled here. That's true with all except Ping. That's why I don't complain much about stuff being made in China. If everything I fished with and played golf with was made entirely in the U.S.A. I probably couldn't afford it. Don't know if these trade tariffs will ever reach sporting goods but if they do tackle will get a lot more expensive.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Source of info?

reliable

man, you have been around long enuff to know how this industry operates; no surprise. sounds like you're trying to throw Falcon under the bus... lame...
Posted By: Ranger Z21

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
Source of info?

reliable

man, you have been around long enuff to know how this industry operates; no surprise. sounds like you're trying to throw Falcon under the bus... lame...

Yeah I agree Senko.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/03/18 06:34 PM

So did you here if Falcon will let some of their staff go? I'm talking working staff not Pro Staff. Really that would be the only thing that changes. I don't like that if they do but it is the nature of business and it happens all the time. As far as the rods go I don't think anything really changes.
Posted By: Big Kel

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 02:38 AM

I live in Oklahoma and am really disappointed. I fish Falcon because they are made here. I try to buy Made in America as much as I can. However, not going to do like some will say and not buy their rods anymore. People will say I will not buy stuff from overseas, but then look at the boat or the vehicle they have. Go ahead, try to buy a boat motor that is Made in America. Unfortunatley it is almost impossible to buy completely Made in America in any sport, especially fishing, sad to say.

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger Z21
Originally Posted By: senko9S
Source of info?

reliable

Yeah I agree Senko.

I am merely making a statement. Handle it. Do you even know what a fishing pole is? I know you don't know how to use one very well. Oh, sorry......I forgot. You're the ex-Lake Lewisville guide.......bwahahahaha.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 02:58 PM

Support TFO
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 04:43 PM

Make fishing great again. Buy Made in USA.
Posted By: sight fisher

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 04:45 PM

I work for Stanley Jigs and we make our stuff here in the USA and very proud of it.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 06:21 PM

They’ve been made over seas for years. Hey e always used the “assembled in US” tag for a while. I said This was the case years ago and people on here acted like I was the antichrist. There is not a blank one completely made in the USA. Nada. Don’t care what they put on their marketing
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kel
I live in Oklahoma and am really disappointed. I fish Falcon because they are made here. I try to buy Made in America as much as I can. However, not going to do like some will say and not buy their rods anymore. People will say I will not buy stuff from overseas, but then look at the boat or the vehicle they have. Go ahead, try to buy a boat motor that is Made in America. Unfortunatley it is almost impossible to buy completely Made in America in any sport, especially fishing, sad to say.

Quit saying made here. No they Weren’t made in Oklahoma, they were assembled in Oklahoma. The guides, seats, blanks, wrapping materials, all cane from Overseas

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: sight fisher
I work for Stanley Jigs and we make our stuff here in the USA and very proud of it.

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 06:26 PM

Probably couldn't even fill up grocery bag with tackle made in the U.S.A. but I love the thought.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 06:43 PM

Put tariffs on fishing products. They'll all move back.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 09:18 PM

Welp, if that's the case,no more falcon for me. ALX or Kistler I guess...

I'll buy made in USA any time possible
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Probably couldn't even fill up grocery bag with tackle made in the U.S.A. but I love the thought.

I do all the time.. Zoom, Water Gremlins, etc... All that high dollar strike king stuff is made in Costa Rica and China. I stay away from it
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 09:27 PM

I read about this in Jan 2017...
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dk2429
Welp, if that's the case,no more falcon for me. ALX or Kistler I guess...

I'll buy made in USA any time possible

I thought kistler already moved their stuff overseas? If not that's who I will start moving to
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 09:55 PM

Northfork Company for rod blanks made here. There are plenty of mom & pop companies making excellent tackle here as well. Jig4Bass.com for example.

Yeah, I have a Skeeter with a Yamaha SHO but I do what I can to help the little guys here whenever possible.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 09:58 PM

I'm all for "Made in America" as long as its a quality product and a reasonable price. Sadly it doesn't always equate to that.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 10:39 PM

I could fill a grocery bag with Senkos, but couldn’t afford to pay for it.

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/04/18 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I could fill a grocery bag with Senkos, but couldn’t afford to pay for it.

If all the lures were made in the U.S.A. we probably couldn't afford much of it. Just the reality of the situation. It's a fact that China, Taiwan, India, Korea and Mexico can make stuff a lot cheaper than we can. Check the tags on most all the clothes you wear. Chances are the TV you're watching, the cell phone in your hand and the shoes on your feet came from another country and this ain't something new, been going on for years.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/05/18 01:34 PM

I’ve repped a few rod companies listed above. And one not. I have no ties to Falcon but have used them since my early years and have never had a rod break on me. But guys. All the above mentioned companies are getting their blanks from overseas. They are assembled here. It’s nothing new in the rod industry. But you guys saying I’ll only use “American” made is the dumbest thing I’ve heard. If that’s the case, you might as well not fish, play golf, watch tv, or anything else. It’s cheaper for companies to buy over seas than build from scratch. The fact the rod or whatever is being built by an American hand is fine with me. That means someone here has a job and I’m supporting that.
Posted By: popcork

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/05/18 01:53 PM

I have started building most of the rods I use. I do not know where the blanks are made but they are assembled in my garage.
Posted By: bassinbiker

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/05/18 03:07 PM

St. Croix rods - from the Premium series ($140 or so) and above - are made in the USA. And, if I'm not mistaken, they design and build the rod blanks in house.
Posted By: TxSwimbaiter

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/05/18 03:34 PM

Batson rolls blanks in the US (if memory serves me I believe they produced the original Helium LTA blanks) Cashion customs rolls some of their blanks, not sure if they sell them.

As far as purchasing American made lures, there are many small companies that produce good products at costs that are not any higher priced than offshore for the simple fact that they have to compete. The number of the small companies are increasing because their demand is growing. With some research you can locate almost every bait configuration. It's a good time to look at purchasing American made because a lot of the industry's products are tied to the price of oil. Plus the Fed Excise tax that US mfg pay goes to Parks & Rec. Import Tariffs don't as far as I know.
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/05/18 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
They’ve been made over seas for years. Hey e always used the “assembled in US” tag for a while. I said This was the case years ago and people on here acted like I was the antichrist. There is not a blank one completely made in the USA. Nada. Don’t care what they put on their marketing

You sir could not be more incorrect!!! Falcon has always MADE their own blanks using their own mandrels and graphite right here in the USA. They will still continue to do so on several series. Competition, demand and inventory forces some companies to move production on price point series overseas to keep up with demand. It is very tough to meet demand domestically and Falcon moved a few series overseas to make sure that rod racks stay full a retail stores. Do your research before bashing them. I challenge you to go into any tackle store and try to find more than two brands made in the USA. Many companies like Falcon that have been previously all USA made have also followed suit. ST Croix for example makes some series in the USA and some in Mexico and China. Trust me, I know the facts where Falcon is concerned as I have been closely involved with the company for going on 19 years.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/05/18 07:28 PM

Not a SINGLE FALCON ROD IS ALL MADE COMPLETELY IN HOUSE. Fuji owns the market on guides and seats. Every Falcon Cara I’ve ever owned had Asian parts on them.

Of course the Asian Fuji stuff is the best, but not made in USA, and far from made in Oklahoma. Haha.

Again, assembled in USA is not MADE IN USA.

Which is why my new Caras say “with foreign and domestic parts” right on the rod.
Posted By: Gilbert M.

Re: Heard that Falcon is moving all rod production to overseas! - 11/05/18 07:59 PM

By the way , I received an email stating the increase in cost of certain tackle items due to tariff! It’s a 2 phase increase 10% then 25%. But I could be reading it wrong, but I doubt it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum