Texas Fishing Forum

Conroe

Posted By: 1WithTXFish

Conroe - 11/01/18 02:40 PM

Heading to Conroe this weekend with the kayak for some relaxation fishing. Are the you bass guys still throwing flukes and lipless baits? Has all of the rain turned the lake in to chocolate milk?
Posted By: Bigguy1

Re: Conroe - 11/04/18 12:17 AM

Not dirty at all but bite has been lethargic.
Posted By: C130

Re: Conroe - 11/04/18 03:07 AM

Bite was pretty good yesterday, at least for me on Conroe it was. Water was a little stained on south end but not bad. Caught most on a 6XD in about 8-10 feet of water. They were biting one color, would not bite several other colors we threw. Caught some on a square bill also. Fish were around the shad. There was a decent current in to a bulkhead and the fish we caught were up against a bulkhead. Caught at least 8 in that one spot. Nothing big but most were 2 1/2- 3 pounds, some a little bigger. Water temp was 65.
Posted By: RO519

Re: Conroe - 11/04/18 07:10 PM

This lake sucks.
Posted By: C130

Re: Conroe - 11/04/18 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: RO519
This lake sucks.

Almost 22 pounds won the Sunday morning tournament. Those that have Conroe figured out sure do well and they are consistent. I have about zero consistency on Conroe.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Conroe - 11/05/18 12:33 AM

This lake sucks.

He’s asking about Conroe, not Fork.....
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Conroe - 11/05/18 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: C130
This lake sucks.

Almost 22 pounds won the Sunday morning tournament. Those that have Conroe figured out sure do well and they are consistent. I have about zero consistency on Conroe.

That's the reason I live 30 minutes from Conroe and don't fish it. It has become a lake that you can't just go and catch fish. You have to know where the brush piles are. Congrats to the guys that do.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Conroe - 11/05/18 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
This lake sucks.

That's the reason I live 30 minutes from Conroe and don't fish it. It has become a lake that you can't just go and catch fish. You have to know where the brush piles are. Congrats to the guys that do.

The old brush pile myth. You can catch a bunch of fish on Conroe and never fish a brush pile. Brush piles hold fish but they are better May thru Sept.
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Conroe - 11/05/18 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
Originally Posted By: Rayzor
This lake sucks.

The old brush pile myth. You can catch a bunch of fish on Conroe and never fish a brush pile. Brush piles hold fish but they are better May thru Sept.

I'll vouch for this, Conroe is also all about timing outside of the brush piles. Certain docks, rocky banks, etc. at certain times of day are money. I've never had 'great success' fishing the bulkhead, but there are some areas that are really good.
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Conroe - 11/05/18 07:23 PM

Conroe is kinda like church.... many attend, but very few understand.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum