Texas Fishing Forum

Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake

Posted By: UsCav28

Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/25/18 04:34 AM

Bassin for the Brave

Hi my name is Billy Tompkins aka BassinBilly. I am an Air Force veteran of 8 years and then as a civilian I went and supported the Army for 8 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. I understand the importance of our veterans and always look for ways to express my gratitude for their sacrifices. I will be hosting bassin for the Brave this year on Falcon Lake. The event is for US Veterans and anyone with a boat that would like to take a veteran fishing. I will be offering my units at Falcon Lake for lodging (Vets get priority) and any over flow I have a special rate worked out with some of the hotels in the area.

The dates of this event will be the November 16th, 17th and 18th.
Food will be provided on saturday. (Need a volunteer for the grill master)

Businesses if you are interested in supporting this event in anyway please feel free to contact us.

I currently have 4 boaters, but would love more. This event has always been a success for all involved.

I have asked another Veteran Lupe Lopez to assist me with the planning and coordinating of the event so don’t hesitate to reach out to him for any assistance as well.
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/25/18 04:39 AM

we now 9 boaters committed
a grill master
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/25/18 04:51 AM

Billy shoot me a text tomorrow. New phone don’t have your latest number.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/25/18 10:44 AM

>>>> this is a great event for our Veterans <<<<<
the fishing, the food, the stories makes for a great weekend for all
My son is flying all the way back here from Seattle Washington to fish with Billy on Falcon.
He is an ARMY vet that spent a 15 month tour in Iraq and loves to fish Falcon with Billy
Billy T is the reason I think I can fish ,,,,, he can put you on some really good fish on Falcon.

No tournament fee, no pressure …. just good hard fishing for bragging rights and the chance to thank our VETS and have a good time.
if your a VET or want to support our VETS ,,,,,, make arrangements to be in Zapata and fish Falcon Nov 16-17-18.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/25/18 01:19 PM

Billy has been pretty busy lately and has asked me to help out with this event... if you have any questions I can try and answer them to the best of my ability.... just shoot me a message.
Posted By: Vetbassman

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/25/18 01:21 PM

Billy,
Thanks for doing this every year. Thanks for all teaching and fish you put me and the wife on.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/25/18 01:23 PM

@flukeman83 It sure was a blast last time we did this!!! We’ll see y’all in Zapata!!!

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/26/18 11:35 AM

Lake is in good shape,,, sunshine coming back out down there,,, the fish will be hungry.
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/29/18 12:12 AM

I hope you can make it Ray. Been a while !!!
Posted By: Raul Perez

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/30/18 12:44 AM

Sounds like a great event Billy. Ill be out the area that weekend. But i would like to participate. So ill be offering my places for $25.00 each bed for both nights of the event for those that want to be boaters. I have 6 beds available. Payment will be trough Paypal.

You can find out more info below:

Web page--- http://falconlakelodging.wix.com/zapata

Facebook Page--- https://www.facebook.com/bassmanslodging/
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 10/30/18 01:33 AM

That’s awesome, Raul.

Sounds like a great event.

What’s the time line of all this? I will be there for some of this at least. Maybe as a boater. I’ve been building a boat and will be testing it out this weekend. If it’s not trustworthy then I’d like to back seat if someone has room.
Posted By: skeeter17584

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/02/18 10:00 AM

Billy doesn’t have a list of boaters and non boaters. Do have any type list ?

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/02/18 11:51 AM

>>> we have 2 boats going down with room for 2 vets <<<<
so let's start a list on here:
Flukeman83-- 2 boats 2 vet spots
Posted By: dudley44

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/02/18 03:23 PM

I am Viet Nam vet----have boat and trailer on lake but have confined myself to Tigre Island area, would be interested in seeing more of lake if someone can guide PLUS also carry another veteran
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/02/18 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83
>>> we have 2 boats going down with room for 2 vets <<<<
so let's start a list on here:
Flukeman83-- 2 boats 2 vet spots

I'm one of the boats headed down with Flukeman. Can't wait, should be fun!

Thanks Billy for getting this going.
Posted By: Gman72

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/02/18 07:41 PM

Billly is a first class guy! Ive been to this event before and it was an absolute blast. Met some guys that have become friends for life. Wish I could make it this year.....plan on it next year.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/03/18 09:40 AM

Skeeter17584 - boater + 1 but can fish another vet. Tackle and baits to loan. $100.00 gift card for Biggest bass caught in event.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/05/18 03:55 PM

Uscav PM sent

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/05/18 03:59 PM

>>> long range weather looks beautiful <<<<

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/06/18 05:54 AM

Looking great so far guys!!!! Here is a list of guys I have coming with me..... hope everyone on the list can make it..... we should have plenty of room for non boaters!!!

*Bassin For The Brave*

COMMITMENTS
Mike Lopez-Boater
*Mark Trevino-Vet/Boater
Jonathan McHazlett-Boater
David Villanueva-Boater
*Lupe Lopez-Vet/Boater
Pay Habib-Boater
Pete Arredondo-Boater

POSSIBLES
Gary Dunkle-Boater
Joe Garza-Boater
*Josh Samolsky-Vet/Boater

VETERANS 
Justin King
Nick Bientiema 
Chuck Bringham
Richard Gonzales

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/06/18 11:21 AM

Please add Veteran Johnny Gross to non boater list. Is there a posted time to meet at Billy’s place on Friday evening?

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/06/18 11:44 AM

>>> need more non-boater VETS for this event <<<<
if any vets want to be there early we have 2 boats that will arrive Thursday morning to fish Thursday-Friday-Saturday & Sunday

USCAV 28 -- PM sent

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/06/18 07:44 PM

Hey guys still have the offer available with only one person interested. $25 Per bed for both nights for this event only. shoot me a text if you need a place to stay, 210-232-seventeen-55.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/07/18 02:09 AM

Add me to your non boater list please!

PMs sent.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/07/18 02:42 AM

Awesome, see you there!
Posted By: jcombsiv

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/07/18 05:43 AM

OIF Veteran here that would like to come down if there is a seat available and a bed as well! Thanks to Billy and the team for organizing the event! I want payback on Falcon for the TTZ Championship!

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/08/18 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: jcombsiv
OIF Veteran here that would like to come down if there is a seat available and a bed as well! Thanks to Billy and the team for organizing the event! I want payback on Falcon for the TTZ Championship!

C'mon down ,,,, you are the next contestant in Bassin for the Brave.
you don't even need equipment ,,,,,, we will have plenty of spare poles & tackle. Just come enjoy yourself with other vets and fishermen. we will be there Thursday thru Sunday. Send me a PM if you want to fish on Thursday. We will be at James' Falcon Tackle shop right when he opens on Thursday.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/08/18 11:51 PM

Hey guys still have 3 beds available for anyone looking.
Posted By: Broken Braid Guide Service

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/09/18 03:30 PM

Hey Billy I'm booked up all next week the only day off I have is Sunday. I'd be more than happy to take 2 vets fishing that day if you need me too. After my trips on Friday and Saturday I can also volunteer for anything else you need. Call me 361-562-4834

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/10/18 04:15 AM

That’s an awesome offer. I don’t know how they have this planned but I think most people are leaving Sunday. I’ll be around all day if no one else wants to go. Or if someone wants some time in the morning but you want to stay out longer.

It’s all good. I’m really looking forward to this. Thanks for doing this, Billy!

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/11/18 05:48 PM

Just a few days away
If you haven’t made plans to attend — do so
THANK YOU to all our VETS out there.
Posted By: Conradderuyter

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/11/18 10:58 PM

I'm in for a non boater spot (USAF), also i'll need a place to stay as well if there is anymore rooms available.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/12/18 12:11 AM

I would send Billy or USCav a PM on the specifics and room available. I believe Bassmans lodge still has some room available, see post on first page.

Should be fun! I know I can't wait!

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/19/18 01:24 AM

well,,, it was a really GREAT time --- looking forward to the next one.

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/19/18 09:55 PM

Yes, it was. Thanks, Bassinbilly for starting this and your hospitality. It was a great opportunity to meet some fellow Vets and have some fun.

Thanks to USCav28 for his time and efforts to make it a success.

And thanks to Flukeman and Nutman for letting me join you, the fishing tips, and a couple spots to look for. Give me a holler when y’all make it back down!

See y’all next year!

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/19/18 10:04 PM

What a great time! Great weather it turned out to be too! Thanks Billy and Lupe for getting this organized and thanks to all the veterans and boaters that made the trip. The fishing was tough Thursday, Friday, and most of Saturday but things sure did heat up (at least for my boat) Saturday afternoon and Sunday.

I really enjoyed getting to meet and hang out with everyone and hear each story about where they were from and how they got here.

Thanks to all the men and women who serve and protect this great country. Can't wait to do it next year!

[Linked Image]
The Group!

[Linked Image]
Some of the fish brought in from Saturday for pics, Conrad on right with big fish for the weekend 7.2lb.

[Linked Image]
Conrad's 7.2lb. Should have been bigger, it had to be atleast 26". Looked like an old fish.

[Linked Image]
Conrad's 7.2lb at picture time.

[Linked Image]
Myself holding a solid one.

[Linked Image]
Conrad's 6.9lb on Sunday.

[Linked Image]
The man himself, Bassin Billy!

[Linked Image]
Lupe holding a chunk.

[Linked Image]
My Dad's boat with Brian and Tom.

[Linked Image]
Cool pic of me grinding late Sunday looking for that one last bite!

[Linked Image]
Good'ol Falcon! Love this place!

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/20/18 12:20 PM

>>>> Nice pics Bud <<<<
GREAT weekend

Re: Bassin For The Brave @ Falcon Lake - 11/22/18 11:30 PM

A couple more from last weekend.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum