Texas Fishing Forum

this deserves it's own post

Posted By: BigLeslie

this deserves it's own post - 09/29/18 11:15 PM

Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/29/18 11:18 PM

Good lord man. I think you may need to go to church or something! That’s a helluva bad day.
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 12:05 AM

Wow. Go home start over
Posted By: Can't fish

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 12:12 AM

I feel for the dog. frown
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 12:18 AM

go straight to bed and start over on in the morning.
Posted By: Joefishhunter

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 12:25 AM

I guess it can get worse. Wow I hope you and the pup are ok .
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 12:32 AM

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed. Other days it can be magical. The issue is you can't tell which it's going to be until you get out of bed.
Posted By: Jaden Oberkrom

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 01:22 AM

This is one of the funniest stories I’ve heard on here. Wonder if it’s 100% true...

Hope not for the dogs sake...
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 04:00 AM

Kryptonite would of been a blessing.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 06:24 AM

And I thought I had a bad day yesterday. flush
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 01:00 PM

Wow, thats funny , reminds me of the time I had a treble in my left hand, a treble in my right hand,...............and a 4 pounder in between cry
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BigLeslie

That is a good day gone bad for sure... sick
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Wow, thats funny , reminds me of the time I had a treble in my left hand, a treble in my right hand,...............and a 4 pounder in between cry

OUCHY!

Someone needs to start a poll to see what lure has been stuck in people the most. I have jerked the hooks outta about 2 dozen people over the years. 75% of the time it has been some type of topwater plug. roflmao
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 03:04 PM

Poor guy! Years and years ago, when the Big O first came out, I was fishing Hubbard Creek on the North side. I got it hung up so I pulled as hard as I could and of course, here it came straight at my head. I put my hands up and one hook hooked my right wrist and the other hooks hooked my left wrist. Sunday evening, back of the lake with no one around. I made it to the launch area, and some how got my boat on the trailer,,,sorta, and drove to the Breckenridge hospital. Well the Doctor came in and stopped right in the doorway. He was the same Doctor who took the hooks out of my head two weeks earlier while using a perch colored Bomber,(those lures gained speed on the launch) It went through a hooded jersey, a beanie, and my head.
I finally gave up using crank baits.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: this deserves it's own post - 09/30/18 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

OUCHY!

Someone needs to start a poll to see what lure has been stuck in people the most. I have jerked the hooks outta about 2 dozen people over the years. 75% of the time it has been some type of topwater plug. roflmao

I'll start Ken. Fat Free Shad. And to quote almost every dang pro fisherman on tour, "BIG UN!"
Posted By: Bassin16

Re: this deserves it's own post - 10/01/18 02:46 AM

Tiny Torpedo; front treble in the finger with a bass on the back treble. Tried to sweet talk the bass to be still...but apparently he was also pissed with hook in his mouth.
Posted By: buda13

Re: this deserves it's own post - 10/01/18 12:02 PM

When my dog was still learning on the boat he got a spinnerbait hook completely though one of his pads. Had to cut the barb and slide it back through. Everyone on the lake had to of heard him yelping, you'd have thought he was dying. LOL. That was about 10 years ago, he hasnt stepped on a hook since.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: this deserves it's own post - 10/01/18 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

OUCHY!

I'm guessing pop-r's and rattle traps are the two biggest culprits. Fish are usually on the back hooks leaving the front hook open for a finger or hand.
Posted By: 9094

Re: this deserves it's own post - 10/01/18 02:47 PM

That is why my dog stays on the bank
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: this deserves it's own post - 10/01/18 02:59 PM

My dog doesn't leave my side while I'm fishing so I always know where he is, but with that being said this is my biggest fear come to life!
Posted By: Freecobasser

Re: this deserves it's own post - 10/01/18 03:24 PM

Square bill crank bait. Not even mine. Buddy sat the hook. I should have ducked.
Two hooks all the way to the shank on my face.
We couldn't get the either hook out. Had to have em cut out by the ER doc.
We were killing it that morning too!!
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: this deserves it's own post - 10/01/18 03:56 PM

Wow, that is about as bad as it can get. The only thing he was missing was the boat not starting when he finally decided it was time to go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum