Texas Fishing Forum

Running tab of BPT transfers

Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish

Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:19 AM

Just posted here:

http://bassfan.com/docktalk_article/19385/angler-decision-tracker-(updated)#.W6vOR2hKiUk

Through postings on their respective social media sites, 2016 Bassmaster Classic winner Edwin Evers and 2000 B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year Timmy Horton announced Monday evening their intentions to compete on the recently-announced Bass Pro Tour in 2019.
Evers made the announcement on his Instagram page while Horton used a live video segment on his Facebook page to reveal his plans. They were the first known anglers of the 80 invited to publicly disclose their intentions to join the BPT next year, likely ending their distinguished Elite Series careers in the process. Both have been Major League Fishing competitors since the series began in 2011 and also have significant sponsorship ties to Bass Pro Shops, which is the title sponsor of the BPT.
In subsequent posts Tuesday, the following anglers also announced their plans to compete on the BPT in '19:
> 1 Skeet Reese
> 2 Marty Robinson
> 3 Zack Birge
> 4 JT Kenney
> 5 Greg Hackney
> 6 Jason Lambert
> 7 Chris Lane
> 8 Alton Jones
> 9 Alton Jones Jr.
> 10 Jeff Kriet
> 11 Randall Tharp
> 12 Gerald Spohrer
> 13 Fletcher Shryock
> 14 Dave Lefebre
> 15 Michael Neal
> 16 Andy Montgomery
> 17 Kelly Jordon

Personal edit:
18 Mike McClelland
19 Jared Lintner
20 Boyd Duckett
21 Gary Klein
22 Mark Davis
23 Justin Atkins
24 Roy Hawk
25 Keith Poche
26 Brent Chapman
27 Ott Defoe
28 John Murray
29 Scott Suggs
30 Edwin Evers
31 Timmy Horton
32 Cody Meyer
33 Jacob Wheeler
34 David Walker
35 Cliff Crochet
36 Jacob Powroznik
37 Russ Lane
38 Greg Vinson
39 Brandon Coulter
40 Randy Howell
41 Gerald Swindle
42 David Walker
43 Aaron Martens
44 Russ Lane
45 Dean Rojas
46Terry Scroggins
47 Mark Rose
48Takahiro Omori
49 James Elam
50 Bobby Lane
51 Brett Hite
52 Kevin VanDam

Speculation:
KVD
Brent Ehrler
Brandon Palanuik
Jordan Lee
Matt Lee
Jason Christie

Guys that have committed to BASS:

Chris Zaldain
Keith Combs
Micah Frazier
Bill Lowen
Seth Feider
Matt Herren
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:42 AM

My question is, why does Scott Martin only stick to FLW? With his skills and marketing ability, I feel like he could take this fishing thing much farther, but he’s always just stuck with FLW, which to me seems like the web.com tour.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Minner Bucket
My question is, why does Scott Martin only stick to FLW? With his skills and marketing ability, I feel like he could take this fishing thing much farther, but he’s always just stuck with FLW, which to me seems like the web.com tour.

Why on earth would he leave? It's arguably one of the best gigs in the sport. He's got it made. Minimal competition, easy travel schedule, top face of the platform, good sponsors who are happy to be involved. Moving for him does nothing but introduce more downside than upside.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:47 AM

Did you omit KVD accidentally ?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:48 AM

Nope. Came straight off the website. If more have jumped ship, post it here. Haven’t seen anything specifically from KVD

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:52 AM

First photo op I saw advertising BPT showed KVD standing next to Johnny Morris and Jim Wilburn. Just assumed he was in.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:55 AM

Not official yet as far as I’ve heard

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Jones

Why on earth would he leave? It's arguably one of the best gigs in the sport. He's got it made. Minimal competition, easy travel schedule, top face of the platform, good sponsors who are happy to be involved. Moving for him does nothing but introduce more downside than upside.

I understand he’s done well with what he’s done, I just figured he would want more and could very easily achieve more in the sport, FLW is boring!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:00 AM

I have a strange feeling that the announcement schedule of each angler was planned. So many announce each day, to keep everyone tuned in.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:02 AM

I understand he’s done well with what he’s done, I just figured he would want more and could very easily achieve more in the sport, FLW is boring!

FLW might be but being a millionaire fishing for a living isn't... Lol

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:12 AM

FLW might be but being a millionaire fishing for a living isn't... Lol

So his winnings over a bunch of years is over a couple million but I’m assuming he makes most of his money by sponsorship, if he dominated on the Elites wouldn’t he be worth more? I don’t know I’m just asking, I like the guy and just wish he would have Mixed it up with the better anglers that were on the Elites and now going to MLF. FLW seems to be a lay up for a guy like him. Just my opinion, always have been curious why he just stayed with FLW when the true best anglers were always on the Elites.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:16 AM

Add Mike McC and the milkman

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:18 AM

Not arguing with you for sure but I think most people lose sight of the fact that professional angling is kin to running a full time business that takes fishing skill, marketing skill, building a platform, managing budgets and most importantly, making a profit at all of that. I don't measure the success of a pro angler against podium alone. There's a lot of really good anglers that could compete and win and they're no longer around or relevant because they couldn't manage the rest.

Scott Martin manages all of that quite well in my opinion.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:26 AM

I agree with you Mark. He has done something with FLW that no one else has done. He has a MASSIVE following with his YouTube and TV productions. He can sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labor.
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:28 AM

Since Klein and Duckett are co-founders of MLF, I look for them to announce any day now
Posted By: RMOROTT21

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:56 AM

I'm curious how u figure the elites are so much better than flw tour guys? Have u not noticed what the guys that came over from flw have done. A few those elite series guys that have not been relevant for awhile r going to this mlf deal
Posted By: 9094

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:03 AM

My understanding is that unlike his father was he is quite the family man and doesn't want to take on multiple tours.
He makes a fantastic living from FLW, sponsers and his show so he doesn't have too.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Brent S
I have a strange feeling that the announcement schedule of each angler was planned. So many announce each day, to keep everyone tuned in.

You think? Sounds right
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:34 AM

Your missing these five as well

Boyd Duckett
Mark Davis
Gary Klein
Dave Lefebre
Michael Neal

As for Scott Martin if he doesn't show up I think its obvious he didn't get an invite, any FLW who gets an invite will surely accept I would think just look at the payout difference in the press reports everywhere.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:52 AM

I just like the grass roots of the opens format of bass and flw.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:53 AM

Had Michael Neal and Dave L, but I’ll add the other three. Thanks!
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Legend LE-195

Boyd Duckett
Mark Davis
Gary Klein
Dave Lefebre
Michael Neal

As for Scott Martin if he doesn't show up I think its obvious he didn't get an invite, any FLW who gets an invite will surely accept I would think just look at the payout difference in the press reports everywhere.

Matt Arey said neither he, Thrift or Scott Martin got invites.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:14 AM

Despite whatever Duckett said, it has nothing to do with resume.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: adam_p

Boyd Duckett
Mark Davis
Gary Klein
Dave Lefebre
Michael Neal

Matt Arey said neither he, Thrift or Scott Martin got invites.

If that's true the invite process isn't trying to get the top anglers. You give a invite to Kelly Jordan but not Bryan Thrift who is a top 5 across all tours? Jordan has some kind of ownership. If this group ran the NFL you would look out and Jerry Jones would be lined up at wide receiver.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:32 AM

Cant believe Thrift didnt get an invite...

KJ was one of the original MLF guys, and still one of the best fisherman on planet earth. He's a great addition to the lineup IMO. No worries though, the guys that dont pull their weight will be replaced so its not like the initial invite means your there forever.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 12:09 PM

Poche and Chapman are announcing today.

Roy Hawk switched last night.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: RMOROTT21
I'm curious how u figure the elites are so much better than flw tour guys? Have u not noticed what the guys that came over from flw have done. A few those elite series guys that have not been relevant for awhile r going to this mlf deal

Some of them have done well, but I had a pro tell me when I was his marshall at an event that if you look at the cut day weights compared to the first day, there's a bigger drop on the FLW side than there is on the Elite side. He said that on the Elites, the second day cut line is almost always twice what it is on the first day, but on the FLW tour, it's usually a pound or two less than twice the first day weight.

There's also the fact that you have to flat out qualify for the Elites (outside of the 'Legend' exemptions), but the FLW tour will take folks who simply fall out of the Elites... I think that's pretty telling.

I've wanted to try to do some in-depth research on that Elite guy's claim about the cut weights to see how true it is, but you would have to look at so many tournaments to try to level-out the tournament-specific nuances like changes in weather conditions and such.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 01:57 PM

also Roy Hawk
Posted By: Tubby

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:18 PM

Randy Howell soon

Brent Chapman has already announced on Facebook
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:31 PM

Scott Martin was set before he ever fished a trail. His mother had money prior to Roland.

Scott fishes for the love and to help his business. Plus I believe Forest Wood is his godfather.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:34 PM

FLW field won't be changed all that much next year by this, I thinkthey will have stronger talent than the Elite series next year
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 02:58 PM

Not if FLW maintains it's current stance of not offering anything new. Guys will jump ship for the Elite Series since BASS is quietly paying folks even more than has been announced to stay or come on board.
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:06 PM

Justin atkins
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Not if FLW maintains it's current stance of not offering anything new. Guys will jump ship for the Elite Series since BASS is quietly paying folks even more than has been announced to stay or come on board.

That's the thoughts I'm along with also. They have to be paying some of these guys non disclosed amounts to get them to stay. Cuz I guarantee if your a big name in BASS you got an invite
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:19 PM

Im curious if BASS would make a run at the top FLW guys (Thrift, Arey, etc..). Bring bigger names to the trail and a better payout than FLW.
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:41 PM

what about Andy Morgan?
Posted By: KingOutdoorsCo

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:54 PM

Ott

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 04:58 PM

Ehrler
Wheeler
Bp
KVd
Swindle
Jordan lee
Christie

These are the ones I’m curious of, and feel like they make or break the deal. And before anyone gets salty, I’m sure I missed a star or 2.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 05:04 PM

Lee's are at the same meeting that several "commits" are at so I expect them to release soon.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 05:09 PM

I don’t believe Swindle will move from BASS

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Tubby

I think you're correct.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 05:31 PM

Keith Combs is staying put.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Brant King.

I think you're correct.

He’s stated he has a lot on his mind in his last few media posts. He’s at least considering it I’d imagine.
Posted By: mskeeter

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:23 PM

I have not researched this much, but why can't they fish two circuits? Do they have the tournaments on the same weekend or to much time away from home?

Just curious.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:25 PM

The other trails overlap and it would not be logistically possible for them to fish both trails.
Posted By: Ranger 177

Who is bp mentioned above

Brandon Palaniuk

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:26 PM

Brandon pala- can’t spell his last name

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:27 PM

IMO, the only heavy losses BASS has had so far is Greg Hackney and Skeet Reese as far as faces of the sport that bring in big bucks.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: CoyAintNoGoldFish
IMO, the only heavy losses BASS has had so far is Greg Hackney and Skeet Reese as far as faces of the sport that bring in big bucks.

LMAO! Edwin Evers, Randall Tharp and Ott DeFoe? You should quit while you're ahead Coy. Just wait until everything is announced and done.

Despite whatever Duckett said, it has nothing to do with resume.

BTW, Duckett never said anything about "resumes" as in the Top 80 anglers in the world. He said they selected invitees based upon who they felt could best help them move their model forward. There are some darned good anglers that weren't invited because of this.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:42 PM

LMAO! Edwin Evers, Randall Tharp and Ott DeFoe? You should quit while you're ahead Coy. Just wait until everything is announced and done.

Edwin is more linked to BASS than either of them I'd bet on a "face of the sport" level. Do you not remember all the talk about EE and a classic before he won his Coy? That was all they talked about for years.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:47 PM

What do you mean fouz? Those guys have announced their leaving...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:48 PM

Also, (guess I should have written it out for ya) IMO means “In My Opinion”...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 06:54 PM

To your credit, Chance, EE is definitely one of those too.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 07:00 PM

What do you mean fouz? Those guys have announced their leaving...

EE, Tharp and Ott have.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 07:03 PM

Yep. They’re on my list cause they’ve announced it
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K
Ehrler
Wheeler
Bp
KVd
Swindle
Jordan lee
Christie

These are the ones I’m curious of, and feel like they make or break the deal. And before anyone gets salty, I’m sure I missed a star or 2.

This is a win/win for sponsors and fans
My main concern is if BPS will have their Classic sale next year and going forward

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 07:34 PM

Ehrler
Wheeler
Bp
KVd
Swindle
Jordan lee
Christie

My guess

Wheeler MLF
Bp BASS
KVd MLF (he's and investor)
Swindle 50/50 leaning towards MLF
Jordan lee BASS
Christie MLF
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 08:21 PM

If KVD goes you will see a mass exodus IMO. The other guys respect him so much that if he thinks its good they will go along with him.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 08:31 PM

I think they’re staggering their move. My guess is KVD will go towards the end to draw out the anticipation.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 08:36 PM

I think they’re staggering their move. My guess is KVD will go towards the end to draw out the anticipation.

This

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 10:12 PM

Brent Chapman, Randy Howell, KVD, Kelly Jordan, Josh Bertrand, Keith Poche. And the list is growing. BASS is being gutted.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:00 PM

Brent Chapman, Randy Howell, KVD, Kelly Jordan, Josh Bertrand, Keith Poche. And the list is growing. BASS is being gutted.

Where did you see Josh Bertrand

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:07 PM

I didn’t see anything about KVD either

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:08 PM

It was confirmed that Chris Z got an invite and passed.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:16 PM

Haven’t seen anything on Randy Howell either

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:23 PM

If Tubby says it I would trust he's right. He's good friends with most of those folks.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:29 PM

I would like to see that confirmation . I have my doubts that Zaldain got an invite.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/26/18 11:48 PM

How did thrift not get invited? Some of the not invited seems like they are playing favorites.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
How did thrift not get invited? Some of the not invited seems like they are playing favorites.

Yup that’s the point

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 12:03 AM

Definitely hand picked.

It’s confirmed on BassFan.com Tubby.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 12:10 AM

I would like to see that confirmation . I have my doubts that Zaldain got an invite.

just checked, you are correct. Zaldain declined.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 12:13 AM

Definitely hand picked.

It’s confirmed on BassFan.com Tubby.

MLF has a specific agenda on their picks. Wish I could share it with. You will have to wait until Sunday.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 12:54 AM

I believe that 100%

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:07 AM

Good lord what was their selection process? It definitely wasn't to go for the best out there.

BPT
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:09 AM

Erhler ain’t going to MLF, the only way he’ll ever win an event s with these guys out of his way

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
Erhler ain’t going to MLF, the only way he’ll ever win an event s with these guys out of his way

If they left it alone he's likely to have won both a AOY and Classic. The dude can fish and compete with anyone. Now we will never know.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:14 AM

Brother in law factor

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker
Good lord what was their selection process? It definitely wasn't to go for the best out there.

BPT

Looks pretty good to me, Wheeler just defected to MLF...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:22 AM

If they left it alone he's likely to have won both a AOY and Classic. The dude can fish and compete with anyone. Now we will never know.

He’s fished 4 years, and hasn’t won. He’s the Tony Romo of bass fishing

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:22 AM

BPT

Looks pretty good to me, Wheeler just defected to MLF...

A number of guys left out that have shown better the last few years than some they included. How do you leave out Thrift and Combs with some of the guys that were invited?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:24 AM

A bunch on the Elite Series haven't won over the same four years. And they have been a lot lower than Brent in the AOY points.

Qualified for the Classic all years on the Elite Series. Finished 11, 2, 3.
Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:25 AM

Did somebody just call Ehrler the Tony Romo of Bass Fishing? Sounds like I need to go in hibernation for another 6 months from here.

Lots of humorous speculation here.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Dickenson
Did somebody just call Ehrler the Tony Romo of Bass Fishing? Sounds like I need to go in hibernation for another 6 months from here.

I don’t think they realize he won the very first MLF event on Amistad...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Monty Wright

rolleyes
Posted By: SATopWater

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:36 AM

I've seen several posts about why was person X left out, but person Y invited.

Do we have any information, or maybe even speculation, about the selection criteria for the BPT?
Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Obviously Forrest Wood Cups and AOY don't count either around these parts.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: cephusjoe
Originally Posted By: BMCD

Yup that’s the point

Does that explain Alton Jones Jr?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:37 AM

Calling it like it is. He can’t win, he can’t close it out. He’s an outstanding fisherman, and will always be there in the running for championship Sunday. He’ll just never win.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:38 AM

Rephrase, now that half the field that would beat him is gone he may finally get that W
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:41 AM

Romo has never been as close to winning the big one as Ehrler has lol. Ehrler has a 2nd and 3rd in the last two Classics.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:44 AM

Rephrase, now that half the field that would beat him is gone he may finally get that W

Yeah forget that he won against the likes of Christie and others that came over to the Elite from the FLW and did well.

Where would he have to win under the new alignment for you to say he can win the big one? All the tours are going to have less talent. None will be as strong as the Elite Series was.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Romo has never been as close to winning the big one as Ehrler has lol. Ehrler has a 2nd and 3rd in the last two Classics.

+1

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:51 AM

All joking aside it is wild to see so many established guys jump ship. Just shows how “unhappy” for lack of a better word they are with their current situation in bass.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 01:54 AM

All joking aside it is wild to see so many established guys jump ship. Just shows how “unhappy” for lack of a better word they are with their current situation in bass.

Agreed

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:11 AM

all about financial stability. Yes MLF has a definitive process for their selection.
Quite simple as a matter of fact.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:14 AM

all about financial stability. Yes MLF has a definitive process for their selection.
Quite simple as a matter of fact.

Personalities that make good tv maybe?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: SATopWater
I've seen several posts about why was person X left out, but person Y invited.

Do we have any information, or maybe even speculation, about the selection criteria for the BPT?

Duckett explains a lot of it on the most recent BTL podcast. He does an hour long interview.
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:21 AM

Johnny is a big part of this deal. KVD and Johnny are peas in a pod, he’s going mlf.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:25 AM

Scott Martin and Brian Thrift have a good deal with FLW, it would take a lot to draw them away to fish another circuit..

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:36 AM

Yeah forget that he won against the likes of Christie and others that came over to the Elite from the FLW and did well.

Where would he have to win under the new alignment for you to say he can win the big one? All the tours are going to have less talent. None will be as strong as the Elite Series was.
In due time MLF will be the premier series they have finanacial backing the other two could only dream of, the way people looked at FLW the feeder series to BASS, BASS will now feed MLF.
Posted By: RMOROTT21

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 03:01 AM

All this is a lot of Hype rite now we will see where this is in four or five years. I hope it all works out and have three successful tours . They keep talking bout getting more people watching on tv but bass fishing on tv only matters to people like us this ain't NFL we talking bout

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:03 PM

Poche is in

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:10 PM

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:11 PM

Looks like I'll be fishing MLF next year as well.............
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 02:40 PM

Based on Jerry McKinnis’ statement I would say it’s a 99.9% chance you go ahead and add KVD to the running list.

Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 02:44 PM

https://www.bassmaster.com/elite-series-anglers

Kinda funny. Yesterday all the Elites who have committed to BPT had their photos removed from the Elites Series anglers list. Then, last night, all of them suddenly re-appeared. But not Keith Poche. Wonder why?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 03:05 PM

Glitch in the Matrix? popcorn
Posted By: Loomis ex

Where will KVD go? Vote! - 09/27/18 03:11 PM

Where does everyone think KVD will go?
Posted By: Thor Outdoors

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 03:13 PM

He's already won everything possible in the Elites, I dont see why he wouldn't go MLF

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 03:13 PM

If anyone at all votes Elites they are living under a rock. KVD is as tied to MLF as he is Strike King. Not going to stay at BASS
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 03:27 PM

He's always been a huge supporter of MLF and I think is even partial owner along with Duckett. So I would bet he is going just hasn't finished up sponsor obligations and accepted.

I do find it weird that we haven't seen "all" of the guys accept yet. Haven't seen anyone say "no" either unless I have just missed it.

BASS Desperation - 09/27/18 03:29 PM

The BASS propaganda machine is working overdrive. It's like trying to get your girlfriend back after a break up...

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy
He's always been a huge supporter of MLF and I think is even partial owner along with Duckett. So I would bet he is going just hasn't finished up sponsor obligations and accepted.

I do find it weird that we have seen "all" of the guys accept yet. Haven't seen anyone say "no" either unless I have just missed it.

Chris Zaldain is the only Elite Series Pro that has publicly declined the BPT invite, thus far.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 03:34 PM

KVD and Gary Klein are being inducted into the BASS Fishing Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mo. tonight. I'd imagine he'll make his announcement some time after tonight.
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 03:52 PM

Poche is shown

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
If anyone at all votes Elites they are living under a rock. KVD is as tied to MLF as he is Strike King. Not going anywhere.

He's tied to MLF, but not going anywhere?

Re: Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 03:54 PM

You are correct. Didn't see him in the page earlier today. Thanks!
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: BASS Desperation - 09/27/18 04:00 PM

probably their best production work in some time. I just hope they don't play it every time you restart a live feed and on every commercial break. Stuff gets old quick.
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Where will KVD go? Vote! - 09/27/18 04:07 PM

Everyone keeps talking about Duckett. I realize he is the one doing the speaking. But Gary Klein is right there with him. They both founded MLF.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 04:27 PM

I do find it weird that we have seen "all" of the guys accept yet. Haven't seen anyone say "no" either unless I have just missed it.

Chris Zaldain is the only Elite Series Pro that has publicly declined the BPT invite, thus far.

and Keith Combs.... he said he was never any good at catching small fish anyway. LOL.
Posted By: Jigman

Re: Where will KVD go? Vote! - 09/27/18 04:29 PM

There is only one BASSMASTERS he should stay put ,things are already changing with payouts and exposure is going to be greater there in the future . Not to mention the Magazine and all the records he could increase.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13

and Keith Combs.... he said he was never any good at catching small fish anyway. LOL.

Per BassFan, I don't think Keith was invited.

Elite Series
> Chris Zaldain (confirmed BPT invitee)
> Keith Combs (non-BPT invitee)
> Micah Frazier (non-BPT invitee)

Read more: BassFan
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 04:42 PM

Have to wonder if KVD will stay with the elites to try for that fifth classic win.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 04:55 PM

He’s gone
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 05:08 PM

Jerry McKinnis had a long post on Facebook this morning.

Direct quote "...with the exception of KVD, everyone who left BASS can be replaced."

She gone!

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony_Wornick
If anyone at all votes Elites they are living under a rock. KVD is as tied to MLF as he is Strike King. Not going anywhere.

He's tied to MLF, but not going anywhere?

Wrong wording on my part. Not going to stay at BASS. My bad.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 05:30 PM

Where is the McKinnis post?
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: BASS Desperation - 09/27/18 05:40 PM

I thought it was great... Dan
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 05:42 PM

Conspiracy... Dan popcorn2

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 05:44 PM

So far, only two invitees have declined out of the 34 known invitees. Based on the currently list is looks like about 95% of the invitees will accept.

Elite Series
> Bill Lowen (confirmed BPT invitee)
> Matt Herren (non-BPT invitee)

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 05:45 PM

Keith Combs wasn't invited.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Loomis ex

It's gone now...I bet someone got a screenshot though.

Here is a copy/paste of the post someone had on BBC.

Quote:
have not been an owner of B.A.S.S. now for some time, but the organization and the sport will be in my heart forever. The Anderson family has been carrying the torch and they are an honest, hard working group,that deserves an awful lot of respect. What has taken place in the sport during this past week has certainly been eye opening and hats off to the new BASS competition. However when the dust settles, and given some time, BASS will still be standing right there teaching people how to fish.
BASS may have been out "PR'ed" out "Razzel-Dazzaeled" and lost many of their anglers. But I look over on the sidelines and see that Bruce Akin, BASS CEO, is still the leader (and what a leader he is) and he is surounded by the likes of - Tommy Sanders, James Oversteet, Davey Hite,Mark Zona,Angie Thomson, Mike Mckinnis, Trip Weldon,Wes Miller, Carol Stone, Dave Merrcer, Eric Lopez, Ben Oliver, Steve Bowman, Teresa Lux and the list could go on and on, but you get my point. BASS still has a group that you would love to go to war with and they are ready if they need to do some rebuilding. Now I said BASS may lose a lot of their Elite anglers but they won't lose the BassMaster Classic and they won't lose Bassmaster Magizine. Still right there in place stands the incredible BASS web site as well as "Bassmaster Live" and ESPN.
If I was still around I would be excited about taking all of these assets and building a new group of Elite anglers. You can take a few big names, add several anglers how are right on the edge of being new stars and you have a great place to start. Then you bring in a good group of young Opens studs and a few college anglers, names that you and I have not even heard of yet, put a couple of years around them, and you're right back where you where.
I'm telling you,all this new stuff is good and with the exception of KVD, everyone who left BASS can be replaced

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Barn

Per BassFan, I don't think Keith was invited.

Elite Series

Copy that, I just saw Combs FB post so I assumed he was invited.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 06:01 PM

I guess we'd have to wait a few days to really look at this but when it's all said and done, the issue I believe will be some of the very best will still be scattered around 3 tours. MLF has gotten a lot of the best but there's still a lot of elite and FLW sticks that haven't confirmed. If they get the kind of TV audience they think they will then all that will be irrelevant because it'll be a lot of new fans of the sport who don't know anything about the anglers.

I think it'll be good for the sport in the long run. The competition with MLF has already dramatically improved BASS for the angler and the fan. I plan to follow all 3 tours.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 06:06 PM

KVD will leave, Clunn will win number 5.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 06:35 PM

Keith Combs wasn't invited.

Keith Combs and Micah Frazier “were” both invited but declined.

Re: BASS Desperation - 09/27/18 06:49 PM

They emphasized "big" fish.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 06:49 PM

Keith was not invited, Tubby.
Posted By: Squirrely Dan

Re: Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 06:59 PM

Russians
Posted By: Viper Rods

Re: Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 07:06 PM

Posted By: Pat Cella

Re: Elite Series Anglers Page - 09/27/18 07:10 PM

Trump

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 07:25 PM

Seth Feider just committed to BASS, and said he was invited to BPT.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 07:28 PM

Lowen and Feider committed to BASS today and were apparently both invited.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 07:38 PM

His video was hilarious. It would make me happy to see the PBT number just stall out and see more people stay with BASS.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 07:41 PM

Looks like FLW is gonna take the back back seat now to MLF and BASS. They better step up their game and give better content and more coverage or they are gonna go down the drain.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 07:55 PM

His Instagram video wins the internet today

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 07:57 PM

David Walker will fish BPT
Posted By: BMCD

Re: BASS Desperation - 09/27/18 08:02 PM

Seems there is a lesson in History somewhere back in time.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 08:24 PM

Keith was not invited, Tubby.

His name was on the original list to asked. Maybe he didn’t get the memo.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 08:28 PM

Add Cliff Crochette.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 08:49 PM

Greatness roflmao

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: M. Alexander

Greatness roflmao

Yea, that dude is awesome
Posted By: joemac224

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 09:04 PM

Seth Feider (my favorite pro) got an invite to MLF but turned it down. He will be fishing Elites next year.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 09:20 PM

Yep, best rejection yet lol. For him I think it's the right move.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: kellisag

Quote:
have not been an owner of B.A.S.S. now for some time, but the organization and the sport will be in my heart forever. The Anderson family has been carrying the torch and they are an honest, hard working group,that deserves an awful lot of respect. What has taken place in the sport during this past week has certainly been eye opening and hats off to the new BASS competition. However when the dust settles, and given some time, BASS will still be standing right there teaching people how to fish.
BASS may have been out "PR'ed" out "Razzel-Dazzaeled" and lost many of their anglers. But I look over on the sidelines and see that Bruce Akin, BASS CEO, is still the leader (and what a leader he is) and he is surounded by the likes of - Tommy Sanders, James Oversteet, Davey Hite,Mark Zona,Angie Thomson, Mike Mckinnis, Trip Weldon,Wes Miller, Carol Stone, Dave Merrcer, Eric Lopez, Ben Oliver, Steve Bowman, Teresa Lux and the list could go on and on, but you get my point. BASS still has a group that you would love to go to war with and they are ready if they need to do some rebuilding. Now I said BASS may lose a lot of their Elite anglers but they won't lose the BassMaster Classic and they won't lose Bassmaster Magizine. Still right there in place stands the incredible BASS web site as well as "Bassmaster Live" and ESPN.
If I was still around I would be excited about taking all of these assets and building a new group of Elite anglers. You can take a few big names, add several anglers how are right on the edge of being new stars and you have a great place to start. Then you bring in a good group of young Opens studs and a few college anglers, names that you and I have not even heard of yet, put a couple of years around them, and you're right back where you where.
I'm telling you,all this new stuff is good and with the exception of KVD, everyone who left BASS can be replaced

If that’s true I find that last sentence distasteful. Major shade

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 09:51 PM

Quote:

If that’s true I find that last sentence distasteful. Major shade

I saw it also...didn't screen shot it but that is exactly what the post said.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/27/18 10:17 PM

Unfortunately, it’s also misguided. Jerry Jones figured this out 30 years ago. To build the most financially successful sports media product; the priorities are entertainment, personality, and excitement with less emphasis on building the most talented team.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933
Based on Jerry McKinnis’ statement I would say it’s a 99.9% chance you go ahead and add KVD to the running list.
Haven't seen that anywhere, link???

Slow day today, should pick up tomorrow as those are the 2nd and 3rd groups invitation deadlines, 37 of the 80 spots have been sewed up so far

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 11:29 PM

You can add Russ Lane to the MLF

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/27/18 11:34 PM

J powroznik to mlf
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 12:09 AM

Direct quote "...with the exception of KVD, everyone who left BASS can be replaced."

She gone!

Dont have much respect for McKinnis after that comment.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: collincountytx
Unfortunately, it’s also misguided. Jerry Jones figured this out 30 years ago. To build the most financially successful sports media product; the priorities are entertainment, personality, and excitement with less emphasis on building the most talented team.

MLF is not a team event..

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 02:12 AM

Half the spots are filled now, 3 more BASS guys just left.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 02:20 AM

I'm curious about Gman, Palaniuk, and Jordan Lee. I could see Swindle and Lee staying put. Also haven't heard anything from Iconelli.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 02:25 AM

Aaron Martens?
Posted By: Big1Bass

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 03:11 AM

My guess since Bass Pro is his sponsor, he will go

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Big1Bass

BPS sponsors all 3 trails
Posted By: Wormin

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 03:32 AM

And No one has mentioned; What are they doing?
Ike
Ashley
Clunn
Crews
Elam
Lucas
Faircloth
Gribsgy
Fritts
Klein
Hartman
Martens
Monroe
Roumbanis
Rojas
Strader
Swindle

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Grababrewski-and-Fish
And No one has mentioned; What are they doing?
Ike
Ashley
Clunn
Crews
Elam
Lucas
Faircloth
Gribsgy
Fritts
Klein
Hartman
Martens
Monroe
Roumbanis
Rojas
Strader
Swindle

Considering Klein is a MLF founder I think you can take him off your unknown list.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:21 AM

Clunn and Fritts are staying on the Elites. Don't think Clunn would've left even if he was invited. Pretty sure Faircloth is heavily tied to MLF I could be wrong.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 11:01 AM

It's really not that important to me who's in and who's out, I'm just excited and ready to see the finished product. I just hope the 3 leagues don't try to destroy each other, there's room for all 3 and above all I hope they don't bring politics into it like the NFL did. The purpose of all 3 should be to promote fishing and the anglers who are competing and I believe they can accomplish this without degrading each other.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 12:13 PM

Oh, what a world it would be if that were possible. There are more politics than the Whitehouse in professional bass fishing. One thing I know for sure, PBT/MLF is definitely out to destroy BASS and buy it for pennies on the dollar when (and if) it fails.

As to the list of unknowns, Fairclorh, Ish, AMart, Ike, Ashley and Rojas are all almost surely leaving.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 01:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass98
Clunn and Fritts are staying on the Elites. Don't think Clunn would've left even if he was invited. Pretty sure Faircloth is heavily tied to MLF I could be wrong.

Clunn said he doesn't really care for the weigh in system of MLF. Too many chances for human error.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 01:50 PM

Oh, what a world it would be if that were possible. There are more politics than the Whitehouse in professional bass fishing. One thing I know for sure, PBT/MLF is definitely out to destroy BASS and buy it for pennies on the dollar when (and if) it fails.

As to the list of unknowns, Fairclorh, Ish, AMart, Ike, Ashley and Rojas are all almost surely leaving.

This should make your job writing about B.A.S.S. fantasy fishing much easier, Coy. A mostly new field of anglers to learn about and handicap. I would think you'd be excited about the change.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Can you imagine the amount of sponsor money BPS forks out for TV shows, tournament trails, individual angler sponsorships, buying up boat manufacturer's, etc... Tremendous amount of power in the industry.. I'm divided on if it's good, or not so good. JM2C's 2cents
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 02:22 PM

I think ish will stay with bass because he doesn’t like fishing for little fish. He’s said on mlf before that he isn’t good at catching little ones

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Lil joe

I think ish will stay with bass because he doesn’t like fishing for little fish. He’s said on mlf before that he isn’t good at catching little ones

He's one of the original commits, there's no decision there.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 02:39 PM

That is exactly right and that model is being used all over the place. It leaves us with the option to embrace it or or not but if we don't embrace it then we get left in the dark.

What I think most are missing is this first batch of guys may not compose all of the best talent but that talent will eventually be there once the ship builds up steam. I think they are smart approaching this as they are because the big picture is what's important. Too many have tunnel vision, look at the big picture in how all this media content is good for us. I know I can't get enough BassLive and MLF and I believe the vast majority have that same mind.
Posted By: Skeeter_1

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 02:39 PM

Seth Fieder got a invite and declined as well..

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

Can you imagine the amount of sponsor money BPS forks out for TV shows, tournament trails, individual angler sponsorships, buying up boat manufacturer's, etc... Tremendous amount of power in the industry.. I'm divided on if it's good, or not so good. JM2C's 2cents

Also a ton of money in NASCAR, covering 3 cars at times.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss

She gone!

Dont have much respect for McKinnis after that comment.

I agree. Seems like the more I hear from him, the more I don't like his viewpoint on things.

How the MLF Pro's were chosen - 09/28/18 02:51 PM

Duckett explains that he chose people based on who would help push his agenda.

00:07-00:08

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 03:40 PM

Per his IG, Crews is staying with BASS

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 04:17 PM

Per his IG, Crews is staying with BASS

That's probably because he didn't receive an invite to the BPT.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 04:48 PM

Rojas to MLF, I think Swindle will announce soon.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 04:49 PM

Swindle will make the move to BPT.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 04:55 PM

Terry scroggins to MLf.
John Crews staying in BASS

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 04:57 PM

Terry scroggins to MLf.
John Crews staying in BASS

Now you can lay money on Swindle. If Big Show's going, so is Gerald.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:01 PM

Swindle is going to MLF. Hes live now on FB.
Posted By: TritonFlipper

Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 05:06 PM

MLF Lakerecord.net

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:06 PM

GMan is in the house! cheers

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 05:07 PM

Just watched his live feed.. Sortof surprised

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:08 PM

Chips may really start falling now, I really didn't believe he would leave...
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:10 PM

Surprised as well.
Posted By: TritonFlipper

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 05:11 PM

Me too didn't expect it.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:13 PM

His “Live” was very heart-felt. While fishing the BPT in ‘19, he encourages everyone to support all 3 organizations.

It’s an exciting time for professional bass fishing

Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 05:17 PM

So I don't have cable, don't have much time for TV outside of work and life. I watch BASS and FLW for free via the internet.

I guess I still won't be watching MLF as their web site asks for subscription to the outdoor channel, 9.99/mo or 98.99 for the year.

Why pay to watch fishing when I can do it myself or watch BASS and FLW for free?

Will MLF/BPT change this if they have live coverage?

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 05:17 PM

So far only 3 invitees have declined. 41 have accepted.

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 05:24 PM

Not surprised at all.

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 05:26 PM

???, if they do charge for MLF live I doubt I will pay for it with 2 other free options.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:30 PM

I'm noticing a lot of the same Elite year classmates are making the same decisions to join. For instance, KJ, Timmy, G-Man, Scroggins all entered the Top Level around the same time, all around or near 20 years experience with BASS, this has building for over a decade or more now. All seem to want a better return for their time and investment.

Good for them!

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: MagFluker
So I don't have cable, don't have much time for TV outside of work and life. I watch BASS and FLW for free via the internet.

I guess I still won't be watching MLF as their web site asks for subscription to the outdoor channel, 9.99/mo or 98.99 for the year.

Why pay to watch fishing when I can do it myself or watch BASS and FLW for free?

The Outdoor Channel is on already on Uverse, DirectTV, Dish, Spectrum, Sling and more.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 05:36 PM

If you end up wanting to watch the best in the world live, then you'll have to pay. (if they charge for live coverage which I imagine they will)

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: InTheClear
I'm noticing a lot of the same Elite year classmates are making the same decisions to join. For instance, KJ, Timmy, G-Man, Scroggins all entered the Top Level around the same time, all around or near 20 years experience with BASS, this has building for over a decade or more now. All seem to want a better return for their time and investment.

Good for them!

Also notable that two of the most interesting/unique personalities Clunn and Feider are staying with BASS.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 05:40 PM

His “Live” was very heart-felt. While fishing the BPT in ‘19, he encourages everyone to support all 3 organizations.

It’s an exciting time for professional bass fishing

So far I think everyone’s announcements have been done with good taste, except the Zaldan’s. May have been just me, but the tone of his message just came across wrong. And if I was him, Id be concerned with his wife’s Twitter comments about it so far.

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 05:42 PM

Guess I won’t be watching the best in the world live...
Posted By: 5PounderOnAFrog

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 05:48 PM

Does anyone know if you can share a myoutdoortv account like you can with Netflix,Hulu, etc ? $100 per year is a little steep in my opinion but if I could share with a buddy I might consider it.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:00 PM

Also notable that two of the most interesting/unique personalities Clunn and Feider are staying with BASS.
huh

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:00 PM

Mark Rose is gone.

They should consider inviting some of the Canadian anglers that do well on FLW as well as some of the popular Japanese anglers to get an international footprint as well.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:04 PM

FLW just lost their AOY, starting to look like the guys that declined shoulda accepted, just my view from the outside looking in...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:10 PM

FLW just lost their AOY, starting to look like the guys that declined shoulda accepted, just my view from the outside looking in...

Agreed

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:12 PM

Mark Rose is gone.

They should consider inviting some of the Canadian anglers that do well on FLW as well as some of the popular Japanese anglers to get an international footprint as well.

No doubt there is a plan in place. But for now it's about foundation and build a brand with the right folks.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 06:13 PM

They gotta get all those "free" entry fee money from someone. Haha

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 06:16 PM

I dont and wont pay for that My Outdoor TV. I pay to much now for satellite compared to how much I can watch.

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 06:18 PM

I'm not surprised. I fully expected him to go MLF. Those guys that have been doing this for 20 years want to make more money. MLF is the way to do that.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:19 PM

I could care less where they all go. Just gives me another TV show to record! roflmao

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:26 PM

What about Andy Montgomery and Brian thrift

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:30 PM

Randy Howell to MLF

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:38 PM

Andy Montgomery announced to MLF a couple days ago, Bryan Thrift didn't get an invite, not sure why.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:39 PM

Mark Davis announced MLF. That one surprises me. Figured he would be loyal to BASS after 30+ years.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 06:42 PM

You get free internet? Hook a brother up!

On a serious note, we have no idea at this point what MLF Live will require. Boyd has only confirmed that there will be a live showing of the 8 events not to include the cups. Let’s just wait and see.

He also mentioned that some of MLF broadcast will air on Discovery if I heard him correctly.

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 06:43 PM

I've not seen anything that says they plan to charge but if they do, they'll be plenty of people watching and they won't be worrying about those who aren't...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:46 PM

Aaron Martens to MLF.

Re: Bass Live, FLW Live are free to watch. MLF is...not? - 09/28/18 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: TajChauvin

You get free internet? Hook a brother up!

On a serious note, we have no idea at this point what MLF Live will require. Boyd has only confirmed that there will be a live showing of the 8 events not to include the cups. Let’s just wait and see.

Technically, yes, I work from home. The company I work for pays for my internet.
Posted By: mikereils5er

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Viper Rods
Aaron Martens to MLF.

Wow

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:14 PM

The blood trail from BASS is getting heavier by the minute.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:23 PM

Thrift is one of the most consistent sticks on tour. Surprised he didn't get an invite!
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Thrift is one of the most consistent sticks on tour. Surprised he didn't get an invite!

Agreed. Must have rubbed the wrong people the wrong way..

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:34 PM

Takahiro to MLF

I knew it!
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 07:35 PM

Good for him. I love this.

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 07:37 PM

This reminds me of the Monday Night wars for all of you 90's wrestling fans
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:37 PM

RIP bass and FLW popcorn

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: TdRoss

There's no bad blood with Thrift, MLF/BPT has a no smoking policy and their hands were tied... roflmao
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 07:42 PM

Good times with the attitude era

Re: Gerald Swindle Picks........... - 09/28/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

Good times with the attitude era

Yes sir

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:52 PM

Andy Montgomery announced to MLF a couple days ago, Bryan Thrift didn't get an invite, not sure why.

You might be thinking Andy Morgan. I haven't seen. I have a feeling he and Scott Martin, if invited, still may stick with FLW.

Seems like almost all of the past MLF participants are making the move.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 07:58 PM

There's no bad blood with Thrift, MLF/BPT has a no smoking policy and their hands were tied... roflmao

Soooo chain smoking Winston lights isn't good for television?!

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:13 PM

Smoking what?
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 08:16 PM

Where ever Johnny tells him to go.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:17 PM

Thrift smokes?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:18 PM

James Elam to MLF, guess Bertrand won't be rooming with him next year... or will Bertrand go MLF too?

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter_1

Seth Fieder got a invite and declined as well..

Anyone who declined is not looking so smart right now...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:20 PM

My good friend Randy Howell is now MLF

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:25 PM

When I said politics I was referring to the NFL players kneeling and/or protesting the flag and our national anthem. Not sure what politics you were referring to. I disagree whole heartily with your assumption that BPT/Mlf is out to destroy BASS. Serves no purpose for either or the competitors and sponsors. If BASS goes down it takes the history of professional fishing down with it. Fair to say BASS is responsible for most of the products and technology that makes bass fishing enjoyable for us weekend warriors. Johnny Morris, Jim Wilburn and Boyd Duckett will never be to bass tournament fishing what Ray Scott has meant to it.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:37 PM

Pretty strong comment . MLF is not trying to destroy anybody. If they destroyed BASS why would they want to buy them? Nothing left to buy. I think all three will survive , it will take a little time for all to settle down.
There is an old saying that if you keep doing things the same old way you will get the same old results.
I find it refreshing and invigorating for the fishing industry. It will take a lot of pressure off young guys trying to make a go at professional fishing.

Just my opinion of which I have many.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:40 PM

BASS taking some heavy heavy casualties today,

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:42 PM

Duckett is a smoker

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 08:46 PM

Thrift smokes?

Several of them do. Thrift, Atkins, Connell are some that I know of.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 10:02 PM

Some of you sound like the Senate! Who gives a darn if someone smokes or not? Or dips. Or chews? This is GOOD for everyone who is or would like to be a professional fisherman. And not just for bass but all species. Forget about the trees. Look at the forest for goodness sake.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 10:55 PM

Thrift smokes?
Thrift smokes?

Like a chimney. Chain smoker for sure.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 11:04 PM

Anyone who said Kevin VanDam wouldn't make the switch, or G, or IKE, or...was speaking with emotion. Let the dust settle and critique all 3 tours once all is known.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/28/18 11:11 PM

[quote=kellisag][quote=Loomis ex]Where is the McKinnis post?

Quote:
BASS may have been out "PR'ed" out "Razzel-Dazzaeled" and lost many of their anglers. But I look over on the sidelines and see that Bruce Akin, BASS CEO, is still the leader (and what a leader he is) and he is surounded by the likes of - Tommy Sanders, James Oversteet, Davey Hite,Mark Zona,Angie Thomson, Mike Mckinnis, Trip Weldon,Wes Miller, Carol Stone, Dave Merrcer, Eric Lopez, Ben Oliver, Steve Bowman, Teresa Lux and the list could go on and on, but you get my point. BASS still has a group that you would love to go to war with and they are ready if they need to do some rebuilding. Now I said BASS may lose a lot of their Elite anglers but they won't lose the BassMasterts Classic and they won't lose Bassmaster Magizine. Still right there in place stands the incredible BASS web site as well as "Bassmaster Live" and ESPN.

Kinda feel sorry for Jerry. He gets a bit more senile by the day. Would love to hear his thoughts Sunday.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 11:13 PM

Some of you sound like the Senate! Who gives a darn if someone smokes or not? Or dips. Or chews? This is GOOD for everyone who is or would like to be a professional fisherman. And not just for bass but all species. Forget about the trees. Look at the forest for goodness sake.

Lol, everyone missed my joke... I don't care if he smokes or not.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 11:17 PM

I could care less about them smoking but they're not getting in my boat with tobacco of any kind. thumb

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/28/18 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

I could care less about them smoking but they're not getting in my boat with tobacco of any kind. thumb

Then you COULD care less! roflmao

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:09 AM

KVD live now. He's going to MLF.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:13 AM

With the hammers that have switched today I fully expect Ashely, Biffle, Christie, Faircloth, Ike, Ish, Palaniuk, and Strader to also before the end of the weekend, the Lee boys and Lucas might be having second thoughts too, the cupboard is bare at BASS...
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:27 AM

do you allow peeing over the side or passing of gas?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: beartrap

roflmao
Posted By: skeeterbugzx300

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:30 AM

you would think that some of them would stay thinking it would be easy to win more.
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/29/18 12:31 AM

MLF History, Brand and Vision

The advent of Major League Fishing can't be described with one story from one group of people. It's actually interwoven stories within two professional groups of people, each with a similar goal: Present the sport of competitive professional bass fishing in a way that the viewing public has never seen it.

The anglers and Outdoor Channel, independently, had similar ideas and a like-minded goal of televising competitive bass fishing at its highest level in a new and compelling format. The new made-for-television tournament series had to be more exciting, more dramatic and highlight the fierce competition found in professional bass fishing.

Outdoor Channel, in the beginning, was specifically looking for opportunities and ideas to broaden its programming to include considerably more fishing. The anglers provided both the idea and the talent to help turn the opportunity into reality.

While Outdoor Channel was seeking options to carve a share in the competitive professional fishing market, a group of anglers were in the early stages of developing something truly innovative. They wanted fishing fans - and sports fans overall - to view professional competitive fishing in the same manner that they see in other sport organizations, such as the NFL, MLB, PGA, NASCAR, etc. The anglers wanted fans to see the difficult, very real challenges that exist when pros try to outwit and outlast other competitors. They wanted to create a whole new game.

The Anglers Got It Started

Professional bass angler Boyd Duckett and a few of his fellow competitors toyed for years with many concepts and ideas. However, the idea to create a new television product didn't surface until the summer of 2009. That's when a coalition of the world's best anglers came together to discuss the future of their sport.

The anglers' initial meeting started with a group of 14. Along with Duckett, the angler focus group included bass fishing household names such as Kevin VanDam, Skeet Reese, Gary Klein, Alton Jones, Denny Brauer and many more. Every recent Bassmaster Classic champion and Bassmaster Angler of the Year was among this group.

The group first selected two fellow anglers to lead their effort: Gary Klein, one of the top anglers in the business for the past three decades, and 2007 Bassmaster Classic champion Boyd Duckett, owner and mastermind behind several successful businesses.

After some lengthy discussions, the angler group came to a few conclusions. They agreed the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society (B.A.S.S.) and FLW Outdoors have created many positive outlets for competitive bass fishing. These organizations provide anglers with a place to compete and bring recognition to themselves and their sport. There would be no reason to compete with either of the well-established organizations. The formation of Major League Fishing should be geared to only strengthen the sport by playing a complementary role to B.A.S.S., FLW and more importantly, the anglers.

The angler group still felt the sport of professional bass fishing needed to be enhanced, since the fan base didn't seem to be growing. The anglers also determined the fans do not always get to witness the competitors' intelligence and diverse personalities. And, they rarely get to see the behind-the-scenes drama and off-the-water competitiveness that usually play a part in determining the champion for each event. This needed to change in order to appeal to a broader audience and grow the fan base.

Based on the conclusions, the anglers conceived the idea that the tournament format needed to be specialized and something very different. A new tournament format was needed that would capture the imagination of fishing fans and sports fans in general. Among other exciting aspects of their format, the anglers envisioned:

Surprise venues
No practice days
Real-time leader board in each boat
No limits on the number of fish weighed
Implement time-based deadlines and weight-based cut lines
The second phase of the anglers' vision was focused about the way fans would view the competition. The group was looking for less emphasis on the fish caught, with more emphasis on personalities, the struggles, the strategies, the conflicts and the emotions of the anglers.

In short, the anglers decided they want to take fans inside competitor boats for an up-close examination of how a professional bass tournament truly looks and feels.

Outdoor Channel Closed the Deal

The angler group thought it would take several years to find a suitable outlet for their competition format. In less than a year, the Outdoor Channel stepped into the game. Hungry for some fishing programming that was new and fresh, the puzzle pieces quickly began to drop in place.

In the spring of 2010, the anglers held their first few meetings with Outdoor Channel representatives. At those early meetings, Klein and Duckett shared their vision for the future of televised bass fishing. After nearly a year of discussions, the anglers and Outdoor Channel formed a partnership.

That is how the New Game, New Rules, No Limits began.

The first Major League Fishing event was filmed at Lake Amistad, Texas, in 2011 and aired on the Outdoor Channel in 2012. It featured the original 14 anglers plus 10 other top competitors who became known as the Cup Anglers. An instant success, the competition grew the next year to include two Cup competitions, and in 2013 to include 24 more top anglers competing in two additional events deemed the Selects.

Major League Fishing is the top-rated show on the Outdoor Channel and showcases 50 of the world’s top bass anglers through five televised competitions and two major league lessons shows on the Outdoor Channel.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: beartrap

Only if you're a girl. thumb
Posted By: tejasbass

Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 12:39 AM

What a shocker...

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/19389/vandam-will-fish-bass-pro-tour#.W67JY0pFy1s

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: skeeterbugzx300
you would think that some of them would stay thinking it would be easy to win more.

Just got easier to win with BASS and FLW. And make a living. Especially after the owners of B.A.S.S. threw so much extra on the pile. I've heard of 3 year guaranteed deals. Not tournaments, just $XXX/year for three years. And all kinds of other nonsense trying to stem the flow. Looks to me like none of it worked. I have a prediction. Trait C. Zaldain will be fishing the Elite Series next season. That falls into the nonsense category.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:50 AM

Does the elites have less talent then FLW now?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:51 AM

Just got easier to win with BASS and FLW. And make a living. Especially after the owners of B.A.S.S. threw so much extra on the pile. I've heard of 3 year guaranteed deals. Not tournaments, just $XXX/year for three years. And all kinds of other nonsense trying to stem the flow. Looks to me like none of it worked. I have a prediction. Trait C. Zaldain will be fishing the Elite Series next season. That falls into the nonsense category.

Up until now you made pretty good sense. It is nonsense to think Trait Zaldain is qualified to fish the Elites!

BTW she is also a friend of mine.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:53 AM

Trait C. Zaldain will be fishing the Elite Series next season. That falls into the nonsense category.

Is that confirmed?
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 12:53 AM

Nothing surprising there and wish him best.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 12:56 AM

He’s already won everything at least once on BASS. Why not take a new challenge. By looking at the defectors, it looks like the anglers have been pushing for changes in BASS but no one was listening.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:03 AM

Trait C. Zaldain will be fishing the Elite Series next season. That falls into the nonsense category.

Is that confirmed?

lol

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 01:03 AM

A shocker. Really? Like I said anyone that thought he would stay with BASS is living under a rock. It's the Bass Pro Tour. There isnt a fisherman alive bigger than KVD associated with Bass Pro.

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/29/18 01:04 AM

There you go folks.
Great information . Everyone has been curious about this.
Thanks for your post, hopefully it will change some naysayers opinion.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:06 AM

Up until now you made pretty good sense. It is nonsense to think Trait Zaldain is qualified to fish the Elites!

Fouz did say it falls into the nonsense category. But it does make a person wonder where the replacements are going to come from. I'm actually wondering if Morizo is going to un-retire since he still qualifies.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:19 AM

Thats a good question to ask, depends who the 29 final spots are accepted by. As for Morizo I kinda wonder if he doesn't show up in MLF too.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:28 AM

Morizo retired and went back to Japan

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:30 AM

Sorry missed the saracism.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:36 AM

Bruh y’all done said trait on the elite series I’m selling all my fishing stuff and taking up golf popcorn
Posted By: i-Fish

What about The Classic? - 09/29/18 01:43 AM

What does the new tour and all of the BASS and FLW defectors mean for the Bassmaster Classic? Did the Super Bowl of fishing just lose its luster?

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/29/18 01:48 AM

If anyone at all votes Elites they are living under a rock. KVD is as tied to MLF as he is Strike King. Not going to stay at BASS

23 people living under rocks. hammer

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 02:01 AM

Thrift smokes?

It's his nickname thumb

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 02:04 AM

Sorry missed the saracism.

Hate that my post about Trait Crist disqualifies my credibility. Sorry Ms. Zaldain. That's just the word on the street. Heresay. Shame on me.

Let me know how many are 'qualified' to fish the Elites when the field is filled, Tubby.
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Where will KVD go? - 09/29/18 02:08 AM

https://www.facebook.com/kevinvandamfishing/videos/966942536833062/

He's gone
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 02:17 AM

Shocker, as in sarcasm. Did anyone think he would make any other decision.

Re: What about The Classic? - 09/29/18 02:18 AM

That's been addressed several times in the past week. Everyone (defectors included) who qualified will fish the 2019 Classic. After that, who knows?

The pros paid their entry fees in 2018 and qualified. B.A.S.S. will have their biggest ever attendance, highest gross revenue, and most watched Classic in the history of the sport.

Re: What about The Classic? - 09/29/18 02:25 AM

Business as usual in 2019, 2020... who knows at this point.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 02:27 AM

Will do Fouz

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 02:41 AM

I think we can all agree that 2019 will be an exciting time in professional bass fishing.
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 02:43 AM

As much as I like to see Ehrler fish against KVD, my guess is that he’ll stay with Bassmaster since he hasn’t won a Classic yet.

Re: What about The Classic? - 09/29/18 02:47 AM

I expect to see some those that can swing it to fish the Opens. For all we know, the BPT might schedule around the Opens, allowing their guys at a chance to qualify for the Classic.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 02:51 AM

Not a surprise at all. Looks like he just had lunch with Johnny Morris at Top of the Rock restaurant near Big Cedar Lodge in the background. wink

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 02:53 AM

Originally Posted By: westxbass82
As much as I like to see Ehrler fish against KVD, my guess is that he’ll stay with Bassmaster since he hasn’t won a Classic yet.
Think your wrong, not a one on this page has declined the new tours invite http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/Angler-Listing/anglers/5463 Ehler won the very first MLF event.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 03:33 AM

Yeah Brent will go to MLF I’d imagine

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 07:15 AM

If FLW keeps what they got, and BASS loses the top guys they got left. I still think BASS will be a stronger overall field. But I think FLW will have a stronger top 8-10.

With that said I think the difference is minimal at best. The elites just have a few more guys that have done it longer. If it's true that Thrift didn't get an invite that's crazy. It's hard to say in this sport but I think he's the best in the world at the moment. Scott Martin is top 5 in any tour he fishes as well.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 12:33 PM

Expected, or not, it is still a momentous event, his announcement for pro bass angling.

I have to say his timing seems a bit odd to me, that he made it just after his induction into the HOF, most of which is owed to his staggering successes in the organization he is leaving behind. But, just odd to me, no derision on my part. He covered it well reminding us that it involves lots of personal details, not all known to us.

Things are shaking up.

An observation? In the past when we have seen multiple federations or leagues develop, it either kills the sport (think pro boxing here with its multiple world champs, Don King, etc.) or it becomes a major disrupter that inevitably leads to a merger event. NBA and ABA in basketball, NFL and AFL in football, National and American Baseball leagues. I could go on, but will stop here.

My point? I doubt bass fishing is even remotely large enough now, or ever will be, to support truly healthy multiple national (big time) competitive leagues. In years to come, there will either be a merger and a single major survivor, or no mergers and some failing and going out of business.

Brad
Posted By: JCHANDLER

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 12:34 PM

Any word on Scott Martin?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:04 PM

Martin will stay with FLW.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:23 PM

Martin will stay with FLW.
I'm surprised as much as he likes the camera. Seems like MLF would be the right fit for him

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 01:28 PM

He has a YouTube channel for the camera fix no need to mess up the deal he has with FLW
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 02:17 PM

KVD's timing was EXACTLY what I thought it would be, for the same reason they hold the guys with the big sacks to the end at the weigh in.

BPS is his biggest sponsor by far & away. Not only is KVD most likely the best angler in the world currently, he is also a very keen businessman. My guess is he has been in negotiations for months with Johnny over his new contract.

At one time Tiger Wood was commanding $3mm simply to "show up" at an event. The luster has worn off that flower but it just goes to show how marketable you can be with the right set of skills.

Johnny knows that any event KVD shows up to will be more highly viewed just because KVD is there.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-woods-is-charging-3-million-for-appearance-fee-2013-1

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
Expected, or not, it is still a momentous event, his announcement for pro bass angling.

I have to say his timing seems a bit odd to me, that he made it just after his induction into the HOF, most of which is owed to his staggering successes in the organization he is leaving behind. But, just odd to me, no derision on my part. He covered it well reminding us that it involves lots of personal details, not all known to us.

Things are shaking up.

An observation? In the past when we have seen multiple federations or leagues develop, it either kills the sport (think pro boxing here with its multiple world champs, Don King, etc.) or it becomes a major disrupter that inevitably leads to a merger event. NBA and ABA in basketball, NFL and AFL in football, National and American Baseball leagues. I could go on, but will stop here.

My point? I doubt bass fishing is even remotely large enough now, or ever will be, to support truly healthy multiple national (big time) competitive leagues. In years to come, there will either be a merger and a single major survivor, or no mergers and some failing and going out of business.

Brad
Might give some of the best local sticks a chance, like the old days. Many are as good or better, but have no money, and work 60 hrs a week.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 04:00 PM

BASS will be a little different next year.
Posted By: 2111-15

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 04:40 PM

Did Justin Lucas get invite or is he staying with BASS. I have not seen anything on the 2018 BASS AOY

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 06:02 PM

Faircloth is in
Posted By: 200ZX

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 06:39 PM

Talk about a mass exodus. Wow

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 2111-15
Did Justin Lucas get invite or is he staying with BASS. I have not seen anything on the 2018 BASS AOY

Lucas gonna do what Lucas do which is whats best or him, and that will be MLF. No different than when he left FLW for BASS. I think Bertrand may be gone too since, since him Elam and Lucas are all running buddies.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/29/18 07:39 PM

Faircloth
Browning
Biffle
Ashley
Avena

All to Bass Pro Tour

Brings the total commits to 58.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
KVD's timing was EXACTLY what I thought it would be, for the same reason they hold the guys with the big sacks to the end at the weigh in.

BPS is his biggest sponsor by far & away. Not only is KVD most likely the best angler in the world currently, he is also a very keen businessman. My guess is he has been in negotiations for months with Johnny over his new contract.

At one time Tiger Wood was commanding $3mm simply to "show up" at an event. The luster has worn off that flower but it just goes to show how marketable you can be with the right set of skills.

Johnny knows that any event KVD shows up to will be more highly viewed just because KVD is there.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-woods-is-charging-3-million-for-appearance-fee-2013-1

If Tiger Woods worked at McDonalds and showed up to work late, screwed up orders and flat out sucked at the JOB he would be fired regardless of who he is. Golf is his WORK. And as much as he has screwed up he would never be fired from his WORK. same with KVD. Fishing is his WORK. Neither of these two could ever be fired from their WORK. This is their God given ability. You can't take away what God has given. What a blessing!

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 11:56 PM

Cliff Pace in

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/29/18 11:58 PM

MLF stated that all 80 spots are confirmed but won’t release the actual list until everyone has time to say so themselves on their website/social media

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 12:19 AM

MLF stated that all 80 spots are confirmed but won’t release the actual list until everyone has time to say so themselves on their website/social media

So the second invites must have gone out to cover the few that turned it down. I wonder how those guys felt being initially left out? I am sure they chose what was the best from a financial potential.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 01:08 AM

So the second invites must have gone out to cover the few that turned it down. I wonder how those guys felt being initially left out? I

Well, if the 'few' accepted a 'second invite', I'd imagine they're pretty dang happy. Nothing to see here.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 01:24 AM

BPT strongest tour and elites aren’t looking so elite now...

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 01:42 AM

https://www.facebook.com/175508505841740/posts/2031921266867112/

And that's a wrap. I said early on the Elite Series would be gutted. Despite all the stops $$$ and concdssions BASS threw at it, very few guys stayed. The Bass Pro Tour is now so deep with talent, it makes both BASS and FLW look like the AAA's. Congratulations to everyone at BPT.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 01:53 AM

Definitely some guys I’m gonna miss watching that left for BPT, but also excited to see some new faces get a chance at competing on the Elites.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 04:48 AM

Wesley Strader is in

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 02:50 PM

17 guys haven't announced yet, only big name staying at BASS is Palaniuk. Christie, Ehler, Ike, Lucas, Lee boys, MDJ, Ish are yet to announce. 9 of the top 10 in BASS AOY points look to be gone, ouch.

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 04:17 PM

17 guys haven't announced yet, only big name staying at BASS is Palaniuk. Christie, Ehler, Ike, Lucas, Lee boys, MDJ, Ish are yet to announce. 9 of the top 10 in BASS AOY points look to be gone, ouch.

Where’d you see BP was staying?

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 04:28 PM

Haven’t seen anything about the Lee brothers

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 04:52 PM

Rick Pierce of Basscat boats posted it on their message board. Meanwhile Steve Kennedy stays with BASS, no surprise there...

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Champion1
Haven’t seen anything about the Lee brothers
As Swindle goes so do the Lee's

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 05:03 PM

Rick Pierce of Basscat boats posted it on their message board. Meanwhile Steve Kennedy stays with BASS, no surprise there...

I haven't seen anything official from Palaniuk. I saw that post on BCB but not sure how Rick knows. I thought Brandon runs a Skeeter?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 05:28 PM

Bradley Roy to BPT

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 05:31 PM

Gary Clouse to fish BPT

Re: Breaking News - KVD to Bass Pro Tour - 09/30/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Barn

I haven't seen anything official from Palaniuk. I saw that post on BCB but not sure how Rick knows. I thought Brandon runs a Skeeter?

Lol, he doesn’t and yes he does.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 06:30 PM

Gary Clouse to fish BPT

That is crazy.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 06:43 PM

Gary Clouse to fish BPT

That is crazy.
scared

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 06:44 PM

Why is that, he listed as one of the MLF anglers on their website, expect to see Denny Brauer and Kevin Short too.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 07:00 PM

It's crazy because how many AAA league guys were invited? No Thrift etc but they invite Mr. Clouse?. No offense to him at all just other BASS/FLW guys they left out.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 07:04 PM

Its not the best its the team players that move the needle.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 07:06 PM

Its not the best its the team players that move the needle.

Boyd is that you?

I know. I heard the same Duckett interview.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 07:08 PM

peep

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 07:17 PM

Why is that, he listed as one of the MLF anglers on their website, expect to see Denny Brauer and Kevin Short too.

I think Kevin Short has his plate full being the international sales manager for Bass Cat and fishing the selects. I could be wrong but I don’t expect him to be a full time BPT angler.

I have wondered about Denny though. Him fishing it full time would not surprise me.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 07:29 PM

It's crazy because how many AAA league guys were invited? No Thrift etc but they invite Mr. Clouse?. No offense to him at all just other BASS/FLW guys they left out.

Thrift isn’t the best interview guy. He’s pretty short on his answers and can be pretty bland. Helluva fisherman but nothing flashy when being interviewed. The exception is the “Let’s Talk Fishing” podcast that he does with Matt Arey. On there, you get to see some of his personality. I have no doubt he would be at the top of the standings in BPT but these first 3 years are going to be about growing the brand.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 08:18 PM

You mean he hasn’t won a single BASS event. He’ll leave, if not and he finally wins one everyone (myself included) will say it’s because all the others left the door open for him

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 08:48 PM

Thrift isn’t the best interview guy. He’s pretty short on his answers and can be pretty bland. Helluva fisherman but nothing flashy when being interviewed. The exception is the “Let’s Talk Fishing” podcast that he does with Matt Arey. On there, you get to see some of his personality. I have no doubt he would be at the top of the standings in BPT but these first 3 years are going to be about growing the brand.

How good of an interview is Clouse? What media platforms is he big on?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 09:08 PM

How good of an interview is Clouse? What media platforms is he big on?

Lots of weak interviews on the PBT such as Cliff Pace. To me its primarily a buddy thing. Plus they targeted primarily BASS Anglers leaving some of the top FLW ones such as Thirft, Morgan and Martin out.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 09:12 PM

Rick Pierce has a much bigger social media presnce if they wanted boat company presidents.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 09:23 PM

Good ol’ boys club. wink

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 10:18 PM

James Watson to BPT

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 11:07 PM

You mean he hasn’t won a single BASS event. He’ll leave, if not and he finally wins one everyone (myself included) will say it’s because all the others left the door open for him

Dang, man...what’d he do to you?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 09/30/18 11:19 PM

James Watson "Are we there yet?" roflmao
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:04 AM

Correct, but he has come in VERY close at his first two Classics, 3rd and 2nd to be exact, which is an amazing feat considering that he’s only fished in two Classics, and both of those were before this new MLF BPT. He won the very first MLF event, so why not stay around and shoot for a Classic title? I May be speaking more to my hopes than his though. I’d really like to see him win a Classic, but now that I’m seeing all the anglers who have committed to MLF, I’m willing to change my original guess and say that I bet he goes MLF.
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:49 AM

He also won the 2015 TTBC. Ehler is a hammer!

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:52 AM

So how will bass fill all the vacant spots?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 01:41 PM

Jason Christie... gone. Its become apparent any of the big names that haven't already announced they are sticking with BASS aren't.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 01:48 PM

How the heck does Watson get in and Morgan Thrift Martin and a ton of others don't even get invited?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 01:53 PM

Because he moves the needle, Morgan is a better fisherman isn't so good at social media. This new tour still has the strongest talent field by far.
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:06 PM

Ehrler is going to MLF

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:09 PM

Shinichi is going to MLF

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:12 PM

Chief Catch’emall (Christie) confirms he’s BPT

Erhler confirms he’s BPT too

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:16 PM

Chief Catch’emall (Christie) confirms he’s BPT

Erhler confirms he’s BOT too

If Bp , lee and Lucas leaves. Bass will have been completely gutted

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:26 PM

Looks like the MLF/BPT is going to walk with Paul Elias. He just put it on FB

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:32 PM

Looks like the MLF/BPT is going to walk with Paul Elias. He just put it on FB

I believe that makes 67 confirmed. The last 13 have already told MLF “yes” so we should know the full field soon.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:33 PM

The full list on on bassfan, theres only like 11 spots left. How many more annouce today, I would think 3 or 4 with the final ones tomorrow, I think Iaconelli will be the last one to announce on his live show tuesday night.
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 02:37 PM

1. Timmy Horton
2. Edwin Evers
3. Boyd Duckett
4. Mark Davis
5. Zack Birge
6. Marty Robinson
7. Gary Klein
8. Skeet Reese
9. Jason Lambert
10. Chris Lane
11. JT Kenney
12. Kelly Jordon
13. Greg Hackney
14. Alton Jones Jr.
15. Alton Jones
16. Mike McClelland
17. Gerald Spohrer
18. Randall Tharp
19. Fletcher Shryock
20. Jeff Kriet
21. Andy Montgomery
22. Dave Lefebre
23. Michael Neal
24. Jared Lintner
25. Roy Hawk
26. John Murray
27. Ott Defoe
28 Justin Atkins
29. Scott Suggs
30. Cody Meyer
31. Brent Chapman
32. Keith Poche
33. Jacob Wheeler
34. David Walker
35. Cliff Crochet
36. Jacob Powroznik
37. Russ Lane
38. Greg Vinson
39. Brandon Coulter
40. Dean Rojas
41. Gerald Swindle
42. Terry Scroggins
43. Mark Rose
44. Randy Howell
45. Aaron Martens
46. James Elam
47. Takahiro Omori
48. Bobby Lane
49. Brett Hite
50. Jonathon VanDam
51. Fred Roumbanis
52. Kevin VanDam
53. Luke Clausen
54. Stephen Browning
55. Todd Faircloth
56. Shaw Grigsby
57. Tommy Biffle
58. Adrian Avena
59. Casey Ashley
60. Cliff Pace
61. Bradley Roy
62. Josh Bertrand
63. Wesley Strader
64. Gary Clouse
65. James Watson
66. Jason Christie
67. Paul Elias
68. Shin Fukae
69. Brent Erhler

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 04:29 PM

OMG just saw Feiders reply on FB. Gosh that's funny!

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 04:36 PM

Feider is hilarious.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 05:05 PM

Feider is hilarious.

That might be the most entertaining thing about pro fishing I have seen lol.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 05:10 PM

Britt Meyers from FLW to BPT
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 05:13 PM

Feider is hilarious.

Holy carp that was freaking awesome!

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 06:10 PM

Matt Lee to MLF. Hank Cherry staying at BASS.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 06:18 PM

Justin Lucas to mlf

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 06:22 PM

Yep, Lucas to BPT

That’s makes the ‘18 AOY from both BASS and FLW fishing the BPT

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 06:30 PM

Matt Lee to MLF is Jordan far behind?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 06:32 PM

Hank Cherry staying at BASS.

You could tell that by Feiders video, who is the guy at the 2:00 mark, guessing he is staying with BASS too but I have no clue who that is...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 06:55 PM

Just Jordan Lee and Ike left pretty much right?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 06:57 PM

Ish, Kennedy, MDJ. Palanuik is staying with BASS

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:01 PM

Who is MDJ? Mark Daniels?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:04 PM

Well, if Ish is going you can bet Ike is, too.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:06 PM

I hope the entire mlf (most little fish) deal falls flat on its face and all these guys that left have to work their way back up through the opens.

This entire deal is about protection of their status as they get old and irrelevant. The elites played along with it and it bit them in the rear. Now bass needs to go back to thier Grass Roots and rebuild. Get 4 open curcuits going again and find that next bunch of elite anglers.

How in the world does most little fish find talent? You going to have opens with 200 boats out there with an observer on every boat? No nobody is going to spend the day with the average angler weighing his fish. So is the answer a co? So the pro has to weigh the cos fish and vice versa? Mr pro can you set down your rod that you just made the perfect cast on to weigh my fish? Thanks...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:07 PM

Hank Cherry staying at BASS.

Cherry wasn't invited to BPT per BassFan.

Are there any MLF regulars that haven't declared? Ish, Palaniuk, Ike... Anyone else? Still 8 spots to declare. I'm thinking those 3 to BPT since all the others have moved.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Used2fish
This entire deal is about protection of their status as they get old and irrelevant.

I'm sorry, but roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:11 PM

I hope the entire mlf (most little fish) deal falls flat on its face

How in the world does most little fish find talent? You going to have opens with 200 boats out there with an observer on every boat? No nobody is going to spend the day with the average angler weighing his fish. So is the answer a co? So the pro has to weigh the cos fish and vice versa? Mr pro can you set down your rod that you just made the perfect cast on to weigh my fish? Thanks...

This whole deal is television ratings driven, MLF has better ratings than BASS already, TV is where the moneys is, look at any of the major sports and its simple to see. There are more fisherman in the US than golfers but pro golf has become massive... think about that.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:18 PM

This entire deal is about protection of their status as they get old and irrelevant.

Little Timmy proves my point

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:25 PM

Dude... your in denial, stick a fork in BASS their done

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:25 PM

Palaniuk is the only guy from the 2018 BASS AOY top 10 left.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:28 PM

Dude... your in denial, stick a fork in BASS their done

Little Timmy proves your point? Greg Hackney, Alton Jones Jr., Fletcher Shryock, Justin Atkins, Jason Lambert, Cody Meyer, Justin Lucas, Jacob Wheeler, Casey Ashley, Jason Christie and Matt Lee disproved your point.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:37 PM

Ike going to be the last to announce?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:42 PM

Jordan Lee is in for BPT

2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 07:44 PM

1 Justin Lucas 820 MLF
2 Josh Bertrand 769 MLF
3 Bradley Roy 758 MLF
4 Ott DeFoe 727 MLF
5 Brent Chapman 715 MLF
6 Aaron Martens 714 MLF
7 Jacob Powroznik 695 MLF
8 Brandon Palaniuk 694 MLF
9 Jacob Wheeler 690 MLF
10 Dean Rojas 690 MLF
11 Bobby Lane Jr. 672 MLF
12 Gerald Spohrer 665 MLF
13 Mark Daniels Jr. 662 MLF
14 Kevin VanDam 658 MLF
15 Todd Faircloth 650 MLF
16 Casey Ashley 644 MLF
17 Michael Iaconelli 642
18 Seth Feider 638 Invited to MLF
19 James Elam 637 MLF
20 Chris Zaldain 637 Invited to MLF
21 Brett Hite 636 MLF
22 Alton Jones Jr. 635 MLF
23 Andy Montgomery 634 MLF
24 Brent Ehrler 633 MLF
25 Cliff Pace 620 MLF
26 Jesse Wiggins 618 MLF
27 Jake Whitaker 617
28 Clifford Pirch 617 Not Invited to MLF
29 Roy Hawk 613 MLF
30 Edwin Evers 612 MLF
31 Skeet Reese 610 MLF
32 Randall Tharp 608 MLF
33 Micah Frazier 608 Not Invited to MLF
34 Jason Christie 605 MLF
35 Wesley Strader 604 MLF
36 Keith Poche 599 MLF
37 Greg Vinson 595 MLF
38 Chris Lane 594 MLF
39 Greg Hackney 589 MLF
40 Bill Lowen 589 Invited to MLF
41 Jared Lintner 586 MLF
42 Gerald Swindle 581 MLF
43 Keith Combs 581 Not Invited to MLF
44 Chad Pipkens 577 Not Invited to MLF
45 Scott Rook 575
46 Jordan Lee 566 MLF
47 Shin Fukae 563 MLF
48 Adrian Avena 558 MLF
49 Takahiro Omori 558 MLF
50 Dustin Connell 543 MLF
51 Brandon Lester 473
52 Marty Robinson 468 MLF
53 Mike McClelland 468 MLF
54 Drew Benton 467 Invited to MLF
55 Ray Hanselman Jr 460
56 Fred Roumbanis 457 MLF
57 Boyd Duckett 452 MLF
58 Paul Mueller 450
59 Brian Snowden 450
60 Steve Kennedy 449 MLF
61 Stetson Blaylock 448 MLF
62 Alton Jones 444 MLF
63 Randy Howell 442 MLF
64 Matt Lee 432 MLF
65 Caleb Sumrall 430
66 Dave Lefebre 430 MLF
67 David Mullins 430
68 John Crews Jr 426 Not Invited to MLF
69 Matt Herren 417 Not Invited to MLF
70 Skylar Hamilton 411
71 Ish Monroe 405 MLF
72 John Murray 397 MLF
73 Brock Mosley 397
74 Mark Menendez 397 Not Invited to MLF
75 David Walker 394 MLF
76 Jeff Kriet 390 MLF
77 Cliff Crochet 389 MLF
78 Fletcher Shryock 387 MLF
79 Stephen Browning 384 MLF
80 Jonathon VanDam 383 MLF
81 Brandon Coulter 373 MLF
82 Kelley Jaye 367
83 Hunter Shryock 366
84 Hank Cherry Jr 361
85 Randy Sullivan 355
86 Gary Klein 354 MLF
87 Chris Groh 353
88 Robbie Latuso 347
89 Brandon Card 346 Not Invited to MLF
90 Tyler Carriere 341
91 Jason Williamson 339
92 Darrell Ocamica 326
93 Jamie Hartman 324
94 Rick Morris 323
95 Kyle Monti 313
96 Kelly Jordon 313 MLF
97 David Fritts 300
98 Shaw Grigsby Jr. 284 MLF
99 Terry Scroggins 276 MLF
100 Rick Clunn 276
101 Russ Lane 267 MLF
102 Tim Horton 263 MLF
103 Morizo Shimizu 255 MLF
104 Tommy Biffle 225 MLF
105 Paul Elias 221 MLF
106 Bill Weidler 217
107 Cliff Prince 210 Not Invited to MLF
108 Bernie Schultz 151
109 Luke Clausen 106 MLF
110 Mark Davis 6 MLF

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: rxkid2001
Ike going to be the last to announce?

He’ll make his announcement tomorrow evening on Ike Live.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 07:48 PM

Dude, you're all jacked up, does the word clueless mean anything..
Read that list of anglers again, there appears to be a lot of youth in it.
In fact, there seems to be a very good mix of experience, and recent champions..

The name on the list that most surprised me was --- Mark Rose.. He is a class act, and one of the best all around anglers not to have ever fished an Elite event. His loyalty to Walmart has been impeccable, for over a decade. It must be one heck of a deal for him to cross over imo.

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:01 PM

Fletch is going to MLF, so is J Lee. Jaye is not going to MLF.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 08:06 PM

Jordon Lee is now MLF.

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:07 PM

Now they have the 2018 AOY and the 2018 Classic winner.

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:09 PM

Where are you getting your info?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 08:13 PM

In fact, there seems to be a very good mix of experience, and recent champions..

The name on the list that most surprised me was --- Mark Rose.. He is a class act, and one of the best all around anglers not to have ever fished an Elite event. His loyalty to Walmart has been impeccable, for over a decade. It must be one heck of a deal for him to cross over imo.

Brother we've met shook hands and laughed together I assure you I'm not clueless we may disagree but I'm not clueless.

Of course the youth left. The old geezers burnt the house down.
Posted By: TexasMood

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:17 PM

This has best and most updated angler tracker list I've seen over the past week.
Angler Tracker

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasMood
This has best and most updated angler tracker list I've seen over the past week.

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/19385/angler-decision-tracker-(updated)#.W7KAns5KiUn

Yep that's where I got most of it.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:25 PM

Wonder why Keith didn’t get an invite, he can fish better than more than a few on that list. Just seems strange

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 08:27 PM

So now they've burnt the house down, a second ago it seemed you were say'in everthing is okie dokie sarcastic

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD
Wonder why Keith didn’t get an invite, he can fish better than more than a few on that list. Just seems strange

I don't know, but he is about to be a stud on the Elite Series with this mass exodus.

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD
He is probably the one non-invite I question the most, I think Thrift, Morgan and Martin may be married in to FLW.

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 08:33 PM

Who knows, maybe a personality conflict with someone with some say or maybe he had made it known that he didn't like the format ahead of time.
The decision certainly wasn't based on fishing ability.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 08:41 PM

Brother we've met shook hands and laughed together I assure you I'm not clueless we may disagree but I'm not clueless.

Of course the youth left. The old geezers burnt the house down.

No offense intended, my apologies if otherwise... I hope we had a beer or two with that meeting.. grin
Posted By: Bissett

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 09:07 PM

it'll be fun to watch those former FLW and BASS guys compete
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 09:11 PM

This is gonna be crazy year that's for sure

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/01/18 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
This is gonna be crazy year that's for sure

No kidding. It's going to be a blast to watch the Elite Series and what kind of talent comes up.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 10:13 PM

Jesse Wiggins in at BPT

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 10:15 PM

Dustin Connell to BPT

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 10:44 PM

Why is BP taking so long do announce?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 10:47 PM

No offense intended, my apologies if otherwise... I hope we had a beer or two with that meeting.. grin

I'm no millennial ie I don't offend easy. We are good.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 10:49 PM

So now they've burnt the house down, a second ago it seemed you were say'in everthing is okie dokie sarcastic

I looked back and checked I never said everything was okie dokie. I laid out what bass needs to do. (Opposite of what they have done recent history) and the difficulties mlf has assuming they are going to allow other to play in their sand box

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 11:04 PM

and the difficulties mlf has assuming they are going to allow other to play in their sand box

Used2, the Bass Pro Tour has no 'difficulties' for the next three years, guaranteed. And, with the people behind it, I'd guess it's only going to get better. You're obviously p/o'd that things have changed at B.A.S.S. I get it. I grew up with Ray Scott and his innovation. Unfortuantely, the organization didn't keep up with that vision after ESPN sold it.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 11:25 PM

ANDY MORGAN IS IN!!!

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 11:37 PM

Brandon P to MLF

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 11:38 PM

ANDY MORGAN IS IN!!!

That one is a surprise (that he moved). Who's left Ish, Ike? Wonder if Scott Martin is on that list of invitees?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 11:49 PM

Brandon P to MLF

Just saw that too. Palaniuk is in

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 11:55 PM

and the difficulties mlf has assuming they are going to allow other to play in their sand box

Used2, the Bass Pro Tour has no 'difficulties' for the next three years, guaranteed. And, with the people behind it, I'd guess it's only going to get better. You're obviously p/o'd that things have changed at B.A.S.S. I get it. I grew up with Ray Scott and his innovation. Unfortuantely, the organization didn't keep up with that vision after ESPN sold it.

For the next three years being the key term where are thet reloading from? Will they make the cuts actually related to the talent of the fisherman instead of who they know?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/01/18 11:59 PM

For the next three years being the key term where are thet reloading from? Will they make the cuts actually related to the talent if the fisherman instead of who they know?

Bottom of the pack gets the boot and fresh anglers from their feeder system get called up. Bottom 10 in points get the axe, I believe

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:00 AM

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:04 AM

If Johnny Morris has anything to do with BPT, and he does, nothing but good things will happen and for a very looong time. The man hasn't been broke since he started selling lures out of the back of his daddy's store. Last I checked he's worth over 5 billion and growing and owns everything pertaining to fishing. Anyone looking for BPT to go broke or quit better look elsewhere. Ain't happening. It is my sincere wish that BASS and FLW stick around too. There's room for all three but needless to say changes need to happen and I think they will.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:21 AM

Wouldn't it be cool to see BPT have a mini-seniors tour? Three or four events. Shortened and reduced competiton days. 20 anglers. Bet it would sell.

Ray Scott
Forrest Wood
Dave Precht
Bill Dance
Roland Martin
Jerry McKinnis
Jimmy Houston
Hank Parker
Billy Murray
Bobby Murray
Woo Daves
Stacey King
Larry Nixon
Rick Clunn
Tommy Martin
Zell Rowland
Ricky Green
Denny Brauer
Guy Eaker
Johnny Morris

Who else? Is Dave Gliebe still with us?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:28 AM

Andy Morgan from FLW to BPT. And Palaniuk from B.A.S.S.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:29 AM

Wouldn't it be cool to see BPT have a mini-seniors tour. Three or four events. Shortened and reduced competiton days. 20 anglers. Bet it would sell.

Ray Scott
Forrest Wood
Dave Precht
Bill Dance
Roland Martin
Jerry McKinnis
Jimmy Houston
Hank Parker
Billy Murray
Bobby Murray
Woo Daves
Stacey King
Larry Nixon
Rick Clunn
Tommy Martin
Zell Rowland
Ricky Green
Denny Brauer
Guy Eaker
Johnny Morris

Don't think Ricky can play Fouz, he passed in 2014. You'd have to have a live weigh in so the folks could see and interact with the 'ol boys. Remember the old 10 hole format they use to have ? The one that Larry Nixon got rich on ? That would work. I'd pay to watch.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:31 AM

Wouldn't it be cool to see BPT have a mini-seniors tour. Three or four events. Shortened and reduced competiton days. 20 anglers. Bet it would sell.

Ray Scott
Forrest Wood
Dave Precht
Bill Dance
Roland Martin
Jerry McKinnis
Jimmy Houston
Hank Parker
Billy Murray
Bobby Murray
Woo Daves
Stacey King
Larry Nixon
Rick Clunn
Tommy Martin
Zell Rowland
Ricky Green
Denny Brauer
Guy Eaker
Johnny Morris

Don't think Ricky can play Fouz, he passed in 2014. You'd have to have a live weigh in so the folks could see and interact with the 'ol boys. Remember the old 10 hole format they use to have ? The one that Larry Nixon got rich on ? That would work. I'd pay to watch.

Sorry. Think I knew that but it's hell to get old roflmao

How about Andy Morgan and Palaniuk to Bass Pro Tour? Who's left, Ish, IKE and...?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:35 AM

Hopefully I didn't screw this up, but I "think", this is who's left in the Elites as of Monday at about 7 PM CT

Bernie Schultz
Bill Lowen
Bill Weidler
Brandon Card
Brandon Lester
Brian Snowden
Brock Mosley
Caleb Sumrall
Chad Pipkens
Chris Groh
Chris Zaldain
Cliff Prince
Clifford Pirch
Darrell Ocamica
David Fritts
David Mullins
Drew Benton
Hank Cherry
Hunter Shryock
Ish Monroe
Jake Whitaker
Jason Williamson
John Crews
Keith Combs
Kelley Jaye
Kyle Monti
Mark Daniels
Mark Menendez
Matt Herren
Micah Frazier
Michael Iaconelli
Morizo Shimizu
Paul Mueller
Randy Sullivan
Ray Hanselman
Rick Clunn
Rick Morris
Robbie Latuso
Scott Rook
Seth Feider
Skylar Hamilton
Stetson Blaylock
Steve Kennedy
Tyler Carriere

I didn't QA it very long, so there could be errors....like if Bassfan and Bass spelled their names differently.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:39 AM

Rip bass elites lll

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:40 AM

I think Steve Kennedy, Rick Clunn, Mark Daniels Jr, Clifford Perch and Brandon Lester are some solid ones still out there too.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:46 AM

Bertrand and Lester are BPT I believe

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:52 AM

It's up to 77 of 80. Last three are likely Ike, Ish and........??????

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:12 AM

I can’t think who that last one is either

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:22 AM

Mdj?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:24 AM

That would be a solid guess thumb

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:30 AM

Kennedy?
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:36 AM

I bet Feider and Zaldain are kicking themselves in the arse.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:56 AM

Kennedy?

Has anyone been selected that didn't do MUCH more than show up and fish? I'd guess 'no' for SK to BPT.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 02:07 AM

Mdj?

I’m good with that. I’m a fan

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 02:16 AM

Ish to BPT.
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 02:16 AM

Wouldnt it be easier to keep a list of Elites not switching? lol

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 02:21 AM

Andy Morgan eek2 S@#t just got real, no way did I see him in this deal, maybe they can save face an invite Thrift too, I could see the last three being MDJ, Ish and Thrift, I'm starting to think Ike may actually retire with the Nat Geo gig. And what it the hell were the guys who declined thinking, seems almost no one said no.

Bertrand and Lester are BPT I believe
Bertrand yes, Lester no.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 03:43 AM

Ish to BPT.

Ish is in

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 10:37 AM

Is ? Mark Rose in, or out... I saw his name on one list, but not on others..
What about Scott Martin and Brian Thrift ?..
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 11:36 AM

[quote=fouzman]Wouldn't it be cool to see BPT have a mini-seniors tour? Three or four events. Shortened and reduced competiton days. 20 anglers. Bet it would sell.

Ray Scott
Forrest Wood
Dave Precht
Bill Dance
Roland Martin
Jerry McKinnis
Jimmy Houston
Hank Parker
Billy Murray
Bobby Murray
Woo Daves
Stacey King
Larry Nixon
Rick Clunn
Tommy Martin
Zell Rowland
Ricky Green
Denny Brauer
Guy Eaker
Johnny Morris

Harold Allen

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:06 PM

Richard McCarty and Randy Qualls both fished BASS back in the day..

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:22 PM

Mark Rose is in

I don’t believe Martin or Thift received an invite.

Re: 2018 BASS AOY List/MLF Transfers - 10/02/18 12:30 PM

Only two spots to be filled. My money is that one of those is Iaconelli and maybe the other is MDJ.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:35 PM

Mark Rose is in

I don’t believe Martin or Thift received an invite.

Thank you.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 12:51 PM

Mdj?

I’m good with that. I’m a fan

Yeah me too. I like that guy.
There are only two spots left now and I have to believe that Iaconelli is one of those. I would like to see MDJ there, but I can't imagine all of these guys would leave and not take Steve Kennedy with them.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:08 PM

Ike will have his official announcement tonight on Ike Live.

Most everyone believes he will be number 79 on the list unless the other person beats him. popcorn
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:52 PM

MDJ just announced on Instagram Live

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 01:54 PM

MDJ to MLF, of course he followed his buddies Connell and Wheeler.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Clark Reehm
MDJ just announced on Instagram Live

Just watched it.

Leaves Ike left to confirm

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 02:54 PM

I want to know why some of those BASS guys declined invites?! I can see Feiders point as he is just being a rebel but was it just short sightedness on Lowen, Benton and Blaylock??? and Zaldains wife is posting on FB about some legal reason he stuck with BASS?, so much of this story we will probably never know... Know one thing they made 5 other guys very happy!

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 03:09 PM

I want to know why some of those BASS guys declined invites?! I can see Feiders point as he is just being a rebel but was it just short sightedness on Lowen, Benton and Blaylock??? and Zaldains wife is posting on FB about some legal reason he stuck with BASS?, so much of this story we will probably never know... Know one thing they made 5 other guys very happy!

I have to believe that it was short sightedness on their part. These guys may now be able to make a better living on the Elites than they could before, but one thing is for sure, any win on the Elites Series over the next couple of years will not be treated or looked at with the same respect.
I think it will be much easier to win on the Elites with the smaller field than in the opens.

The next thing that will be really interesting to see will be who will compose the 2019 Elite field.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Pat Cella

I have to believe that it was short sightedness on their part. These guys may now be able to make a better living on the Elites than they could before, but one thing is for sure, any win on the Elites Series over the next couple of years will not be treated or looked at with the same respect.
I think it will be much easier to win on the Elites with the smaller field than in the opens.

The next thing that will be really interesting to see will be who will compose the 2019 Elite field.

Says you...my hat's off to anyone who can put together four solid days of fishing for a win against some of the best anglers in the country with a $100k on the line.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 03:32 PM

Dave Precht from BASS now saying they may not fill the entire 80 angler field, Elites could be as small as 50 anglers next year.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 03:39 PM

Steve Kennedy does what he wants it seems. In a good enough place to not have to rely on much sponsor $$. I bet he just wants a classic(should be a lot easier now) or to pack it up and call it good.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 04:08 PM

Steve to stay with BASS.

He received and invite and turned it down

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 200ZX
Steve to stay with BASS.

I've heard that a lot of sponsors pressured their anglers. With Morris' hand in bpt saying no could get slippery quick. Kennedy does not have those problems.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 09:52 PM

Kennedy?

Has anyone been selected that didn't do MUCH more than show up and fish? I'd guess 'no' for SK to BPT.

Guessed wrong. Got the invite. He turned it down.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/02/18 11:42 PM

MDJ moved

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 01:05 AM

Steve to stay with BASS.

I've heard that a lot of sponsors pressured their anglers. With Morris' hand in bpt saying no could get slippery quick. Kennedy does not have those problems.

He s been that way for a while now, how does he do it... Independently wealthy.. I hate google nuts
I admire Kennedys guts to slug it out with those spoon feed guys..

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:25 AM

Hank Cherry on Ike live now, very interesting.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:36 AM

Give us a summary of what he says

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:37 AM

Henry didn't do too well w/his interveiw. Sounds like a p'od kid that wasn't picked for the team. He's one of my favorites. Hate to see him in that light. Maybe that's why he wasn't invited?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: SATopWater
MDJ moved

Where did I miss his announcement?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:39 AM

Give us a summary of what he says

Hank = Butt Hurt

Mad he wasn't invited. Was honest on his comments. But, I am sure he would be singing a different tune had he been invited.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:52 AM

He said Ducketts are sh#tty white rods roflmao

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:57 AM

Was he lying? peep
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 03:24 AM

what lb line is best for wacky rigs @ Athens?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 03:32 AM

Was he lying? peep

Depends on what she, and only she, says.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 03:37 AM

Man my fantasy team is shot.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 04:00 AM

Not funny IKE...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 04:05 AM

Not funny IKE...

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 12:57 PM

Henry didn't do too well w/his interveiw. Sounds like a p'od kid that wasn't picked for the team. He's one of my favorites. Hate to see him in that light. Maybe that's why he wasn't invited?

Been my thoughts exactly Chris. I like Hank but don't like how him and several others have handled this. And for him to specifically call out Boyd as one he doesn't feel deserves to be in MLF is not smart. I can't believe he is letting pride potentially ruin him in the future.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 01:30 PM

Field is set, Ike is in
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 01:41 PM

Field is set, Ike is in

Is this posted somewhere? Not on BassFan and definitely got the screwgie on IkeLive lastnight!!!
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 01:46 PM

aman to that .The gift of gab is very needed in the world of bassin

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 01:49 PM

Ike posted on Facebook

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 01:53 PM

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article/9383/benton-feider-explain-decisions-to-stay#.W7TIgmhKjyE

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 01:53 PM

Yep, it's on his facebook page. IKE to MLF.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:02 PM

So the BPT is also every scoreable bass counts. Man, that changes everything for a tournament fisherman. Dinkfest city. And no weigh in for people to watch and get excited about live? Just the winner sitting in his boat saying Well I just Won, Yea! HMMMMMM!

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:09 PM

Interesting take from Benton, and both of them didn't want to change their fishing style.
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:26 PM

So the BPT is also every scoreable bass counts. Man, that changes everything for a tournament fisherman. Dinkfest city. And no weigh in for people to watch and get excited about live? Just the winner sitting in his boat saying Well I just Won, Yea! HMMMMMM!

The more I think about it the more I think I am gonna be disappointed about BPT. It has its place in the regular mlf format but I don’t think I’ll like it for 80 fishermen out on the water. What I enjoy most about a tournament is watching the drama of a weigh in where they actually put fish on a scale and it comes down to just a few ounces live and in person. I think it will grow old and become monotonous for the fan after a while. I hope that maybe they are just using this for a smoke screen to start out with and then switch to the traditional 5 fish format over time.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 02:50 PM

Ike finally made it official.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 03:15 PM

The top 17 in AOY standings from BASS went to MLF.
30 of the top 35 went to MLF
40 of the top 50 went to MLF
...also 8 of the bottom 15 went to MLF

Out of the 110 field, they have 44 returning to BASS Elites.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 03:22 PM

That is odd, he hasn't fished at the tour level for over 2 years.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: LakeForkGroupie
The top 17 in AOY standings from BASS went to MLF.
30 of the top 35 went to MLF
40 of the top 50 went to MLF
...also 8 of the bottom 15 went to MLF

Out of the 110 field, they have 44 returning to BASS Elites.

From the lists I've seen only 23 have confirmed for sure returning to the Elites next year.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 03:26 PM

I’ve read/heard that they will have an “expo” of sort at the end of each day where you can interact with the fisherman. I would also imagine they’ll have something similar to Bass Live throughout the day as they know how successful that has been.

The great thing is that it’s all in the anglers hands. All 80 get a sayso in how/what happens.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 04:16 PM

I’ve read/heard that they will have an “expo” of sort at the end of each day where you can interact with the fisherman. I would also imagine they’ll have something similar to Bass Live throughout the day as they know how successful that has been.

The great thing is that it’s all in the anglers hands. All 80 get a sayso in how/what happens.

From Drew Benton (to hit on all 80 get a sayso)

There’s nothing in (writing) to protect you for not being an owner. You don’t have anything invested like they do. They told us we’d have a seat at the table as far as how the payouts go, but we don’t have a seat at the table if you make one of those guys mad.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 04:43 PM

There’s nothing in (writing) to protect you for not being an owner. You don’t have anything invested like they do. They told us we’d have a seat at the table as far as how the payouts go, but we don’t have a seat at the table if you make one of those guys mad.

I think this is huge and something i honestly havent thought much about. Can you imagine one of the lower level invites protesting Boyd or Klein? I dont see it happening... The selection process also still rubs me wrong, as well. They say they want the anglers that will grow the sport? I would guess that it is a coincidence everyone associated Duckett fishing got an invite and a competitor like John Crews and Missile baits got left out? Its politics, plain and simple. Which is part of the industry and its fine.. but dont get on you high horse and tell us its just about growing bass fishing... Its about money and who you know..

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 05:22 PM

Fairly certain that it was Horton who I heard say it. I guess the original MLF guys have more skin in the game.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: boyd1002

I think this is huge and something i honestly havent thought much about. Can you imagine one of the lower level invites protesting Boyd or Klein? I dont see it happening... The selection process also still rubs me wrong, as well. They say they want the anglers that will grow the sport? I would guess that it is a coincidence everyone associated Duckett fishing got an invite and a competitor like John Crews and Missile baits got left out? Its politics, plain and simple. Which is part of the industry and its fine.. but dont get on you high horse and tell us its just about growing bass fishing... Its about money and who you know..

I’ve seen this several places now and I don’t understand. Missile bait makes plastics (and some t shirts). Duckett makes rod and reels and zero soft plastics... how are they competitors?

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 06:34 PM

I think this is huge and something i honestly havent thought much about. Can you imagine one of the lower level invites protesting Boyd or Klein? I dont see it happening... The selection process also still rubs me wrong, as well. They say they want the anglers that will grow the sport? I would guess that it is a coincidence everyone associated Duckett fishing got an invite and a competitor like John Crews and Missile baits got left out? Its politics, plain and simple. Which is part of the industry and its fine.. but dont get on you high horse and tell us its just about growing bass fishing... Its about money and who you know.. [/quote]

I’ve seen this several places now and I don’t understand. Missile bait makes plastics (and some t shirts). Duckett makes rod and reels and zero soft plastics... how are they competitors?[/quote]

I could be wrong, but are they the only two anglers that are the primary owner and operator of a tackle company? i may be missing someone, Im not sure.. and i am not saying they are direct competitors... does a soft bait MLF sponsor have influence on the selection process and view it as a way to limit Missile baits exposure??? did it play a factor at all??, i have no clue.. i do think its a legitimate question..

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: boyd1002

I’ve seen this several places now and I don’t understand. Missile bait makes plastics (and some t shirts). Duckett makes rod and reels and zero soft plastics... how are they competitors?[/quote]

I could be wrong, but are they the only two anglers that are the primary owner and operator of a tackle company? i may be missing someone, Im not sure.. and i am not saying they are direct competitors... does a soft bait MLF sponsor have influence on the selection process and view it as a way to limit Missile baits exposure??? did it play a factor at all??, i have no clue.. i do think its a legitimate question.. [/quote]

I didn’t think of sponsor conflicts. That makes sense

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 06:59 PM

I believe Timmy Horton owns Profound Outdoors, a lire manufacturer.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/03/18 07:03 PM

Anyone hear Jared Lintner on Ike live, kinda makes you wonder how many of these guys naively jumped into this thing blinded by the cash and promises of fame...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 12:26 AM

No more boat flipping giants. It’s all about portside lippin of dinks. ....oh and STUPID fish landing violations called by stiffs in football ref jerseys and molester shades.

I can’t, honestly, see the excitement of this format.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 12:35 AM

Just saw on twitter about Scott Martin saying it’s been stressful about choosing so I guess he might have gotten an invite.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 12:41 AM

Just saw on twitter about Scott Martin saying it’s been stressful about choosing so I guess he might have gotten an invite.

He said no invite on his YouTube video
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 12:49 AM

Look at it this way in 10 years will anyone remember whether it was a watered down classic ? Nope. Same with a blue trophy for the regular season. The field may not have the depth for a season or two, but over three to four seasons they will be ok. The object ultimately is one of two categories, you want trophies or money. The money is in BASS now A lot of the extra purse in MLF is not guaranteed. Lets say that it takes the young guns a season or two. If a Vet like Combs or Zaldain wins this year, that is a quick $100,000 in their pocket. Also it is realistic that a guy like a Combs or Zaldain has 0 entry fee's this season. That is like a $50,000 bonus right out of the gate.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 01:33 AM

Scott's post and video did its job. It got views. But it was defitently click-bait. He says it was a stressful 2 weeks making a decision but then says he never got an invite. Yeah what a decision he had to make. Real complicated.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 01:36 AM

Scott's post and video did its job. It got views. But it was defitently click-bait. He says it was a stressful 2 weeks making a decision but then says he never got an invite. Yeah what a decision he had to make. Real complicated.

Very true . I thought the same

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 02:07 AM

I thought it was pretty interesting. Sounded like he really was hoping for an invite. I’m surprised he didn’t get one.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 02:35 AM

Didn’t click on it—didn’t think he got an invite Thought it was going to be about what conditioner to use

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
No more boat flipping giants. It’s all about portside lippin of dinks. ....oh and STUPID fish landing violations called by stiffs in football ref jerseys and molester shades.

I can’t, honestly, see the excitement of this format.

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Burgerboy

Look at it this way in 10 years will anyone remember whether it was a watered down classic ? Nope. Same with a blue trophy for the regular season. The field may not have the depth for a season or two, but over three to four seasons they will be ok. The object ultimately is one of two categories, you want trophies or money. The money is in BASS now A lot of the extra purse in MLF is not guaranteed. Lets say that it takes the young guns a season or two. If a Vet like Combs or Zaldain wins this year, that is a quick $100,000 in their pocket. Also it is realistic that a guy like a Combs or Zaldain has 0 entry fee's this season. That is like a $50,000 bonus right out of the gate.

If they see a significant erosion of their sponsor dollars from brands changing properties and/or shifting budget spends in favor of MLF/BPT they may not have 3-4 years to rebuild.
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/04/18 10:27 PM

Mark, Let's hope they have long term contracts because I agree, sponsor dollars in 2020 and beyond could be hurting. BASS has money behind it but in the end it is still a business that is dependent on sponsors.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Running tab of BPT transfers - 10/05/18 02:12 PM

I'm assuming the price of tackle will go up to pay back in to the sponsor companies sales revenue. That's the American way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum