Texas Fishing Forum

I-pilot link or no link???

Posted By: jls3443

I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 12:57 PM

I'm about to buy a new trolling motor and just about like everyone else I'm going to get an Ultrex. I also plan on upgrading my graphs with Humminbird electronics. However, I'm curious to know the opinions of those who have the I-pilot Link and if they think its worth the extra money. Thanks
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 01:07 PM

I have Humminbirds and could not see the benefit of spending the extra $600 on the "link". I've had my Ultrex for 19 months now and I am happy with no "link"...
Posted By: squib

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 01:07 PM

Yes. I don’t use the link features every trip, but when I do they are a huge help.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 02:34 PM

Yes worth it.

If your on a decent sized lake following the contour is priceless.... simply pick a contour to follow by zooming in, then choose the direction to travel and it follows that contour, you can change the speed up and down as well as hit spot lock anytime to soak a area then hit spot lock again to go back to following that contour. When the wind is blowing into the band your fishing you can turn the speed down and move in closer while still on the same contour basically... so without ever touching the pedal you can cruise a bank, going in and out closer to it and stopping anytime you want all by touching the speed or spot lock button on your remote....
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 02:39 PM

I have the link.....it's over rated. I don't use it.

In fact, I use the trolling motor like a trolling motor 90% of the time. Spot lock a little. And auto pilot when the time is right.

Don't waste more money. Just get the i-Pilot version.

In fact, I sold my Helix stuff and went back to Lowrance.
Posted By: Sandpiper

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 02:49 PM

https://mk.factoryoutletstore.com/
Shop here Spend less
Posted By: Sandpiper

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 02:52 PM

I use my GPS and spot lock all the time. WOW it makes fishing so much easier. Get the GPS !!! you will regret it later if you do not
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Sandpiper
I use my GPS and spot lock all the time. WOW it makes fishing so much easier. Get the GPS !!! you will regret it later if you do not
they all have the "GPS" spot lock. The "link" allows for more trails, spot lock saves, and guidance via the Humminbird. That's what $600 more bones gets ya. Other than those three extras, they function the same.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 05:34 PM

it's closer to a $400 difference

If I had Humminbird electronics I would have gotten the Link. It's a 19% increase in price vs what I paid for my 112 52".
Posted By: Guide Richie White

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 05:45 PM

The reason I didn't get the link (besides the fact that I mainly use Lowrance) was because the remote requires recharging, rather than just disposable batteries that last me several months.
Something to consider.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Guide Richie White
The reason I didn't get the link (besides the fact that I mainly use Lowrance) was because the remote requires recharging, rather than just disposable batteries that last me several months.
Something to consider.

I only use that remote if Im going to tell it to follow I tracks regularly, which can be done from that large remote... Otherwise I use the smaller one...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Minn-Kota-Micro-Remote-i-Pilot-Link-1866360/183428029308?hash=item2ab5299b7c:g:jT4AAOSwsB9bl~Bw
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: I-pilot link or no link??? - 09/25/18 07:03 PM

I had MK without then bought it with the link. Now my newest motor is without and I really miss not having the link. I never used it much but when I did it was nice.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum