Texas Fishing Forum

Cold front

Posted By: coachmatt

Cold front - 09/20/18 11:07 PM

It looks like this weekend will be the first “cold front” we have had since summer started. How will that affect the fishing? Especially with the rain. Does the rain make a difference?
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Cold front - 09/20/18 11:46 PM

I just wish I was fishing instead of moving my daughter into their new home. The upside is they are, after 2 months, moving out of mine.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Cold front - 09/21/18 12:13 AM

You'll get wet if it rains,go fishing maybe throw a topwater
Posted By: jp24

Re: Cold front - 09/21/18 01:45 AM

Water temps will drop and not move back up. Fall transition under way.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Cold front - 09/21/18 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: coachmatt
It looks like this weekend will be the first “cold front” we have had since summer started. How will that affect the fishing? Especially with the rain. Does the rain make a difference?

this time of year, your over-thinking this cool front.
I don't think/worry about fronts until Dec thru Feb.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Cold front - 09/21/18 06:10 PM

I'm fishing... rain, cool, fronts, I don't care.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Cold front - 09/21/18 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter

Supposed to not get over 80 the next 10 days with lows at night in the 50's-60's so the water temp is gonna drop alot so maybe your not overthinking this front enough.
Posted By: stitch

Re: Cold front - 09/21/18 07:13 PM

I think all the rain will impact it more than the temp
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Cold front - 09/21/18 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

Supposed to not get over 80 the next 10 days with lows at night in the 50's-60's so the water temp is gonna drop alot so maybe your not overthinking this front enough.

Not doubting that report but they rarely get today right so a 10 day report would be like a miracle. Hope they're right though.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Cold front - 09/22/18 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

No, I'm thinking it just fine. I'm going fishing, cooler water should just make it better.
I have the mindset that I'm going to catch fish, regardless of weather. If I don't, I guess I could blame it on a front but I just write it up as I didn't do what I needed to do..
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Cold front - 09/22/18 03:12 AM

I think fronts this time of year help the bite more than hurt it. Fish are ready for cooler weather same as we are.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum