Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granbury

Posted By: Rooster Cruiser

Lake Granbury - 09/07/18 01:40 PM

Morning guys, any suggestions on how the lake has been fishing lately? Looks like rain tomorrow...hopefully no lighting.
Thanks in advance
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: Lake Granbury - 09/07/18 02:12 PM

It’s been very slow lately. We’ve caught some crappie and last weekend a few largemouth but had to work really hard for them. On a good note, we did see a few top water action in the Shad schools but it would only last a few seconds and they would go down deep again. Never knew if it was bass, sand bass or stripers. Last year, we were really doing well right after Labor Day but with the heat this year and semi drought, things are going to be different
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Lake Granbury - 09/07/18 05:25 PM

We fished Granbury last Saturday. First time we have ever been on the lake and it was real tough. I'm sure the holiday traffic did not help either. We fished from daylight until 2:30 with only 4 bass to show for it. Just never could get a pattern to run. Caught one deep, one shallow, one off a mid depth brush pile, and one off a dock. Lots of suspended fish and shad on the main lake. Maybe some cool rain water will get them moving.
Posted By: Patrnflyr

Re: Lake Granbury - 11/23/18 11:23 AM

Any ideas on how to fish Granbury lately? We went out a couple of weeks ago. Did you know that Chocolate milk will cool down your motor as well as water? Last year, the fall fishing was spectacular catching every kind of fish that lake has to offer. We didn't even get a strike last time we went out. I heard an interesting fact on FB from the BRA and through their great management, our lake never flooded like so many others. They said that with all the water that passed through the lake this fall, they could've DRAINED the lake three times and filled it back up to full! That's an impressive fact that you'll be able to tell your grandkids someday... James Davis, a great crappie and striper guide, told me that all the fish were literally hanging on for their lives, scattered and hoping to make it through the winter. I have a feeling we will lose a bunch of fish over the winter due to their inability to store up on shad during their fall massacre. With that much water passing through, I'm sure the thermocline is messed up big time. Our water temps went from 85 to 59 in a very few short weeks. And, yes, I realize that our lake was probably impacted the LEAST of any lake in Texas. Just hope this next spring will be back to normal.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Lake Granbury - 11/25/18 01:54 AM

Drive by it weekly and the water flow has finally settled down, it will take a few months to clear back up, but it will start up the river, so go north young man!
Posted By: Hog Jaw

Re: Lake Granbury - 11/25/18 05:13 PM

Get to the back of large coves , fish slow , slow , slow .
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Lake Granbury - 11/25/18 09:25 PM

Fish the coves on north end. Water got clearer the further we went last Saturday. Caught about 8 from sun up to noon. Best was a 4.5 pounder.

Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum