Texas Fishing Forum

Garage Size for 20’ boat

Posted By: dlwfish

Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/30/18 10:59 PM

Selling my FX21 and it would be nice to get something I can fit in my garage if possible...

My garage is 21x19 - anyone have their boat in a garage this size?

Anyone know the size needed for a ZX225?

Thanks
Posted By: SATopWater

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/30/18 11:04 PM

https://wiedasmarine.com/new-boat-models/skeeter-boats/skeeter-zx225-and-zx250/
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/30/18 11:09 PM

I am thinking Go jacks are in your future, maybe u already have them.

I know i use to fit a 20'2" Nitro 911 in a 20x19 garage. The fender design was limiting me. Fenders went so far back I was loosing 6 to 8 inches. But it worked for that garage barely. Prolly could have had a 20' 4" boat in that garage.

I wonder if they would let you borrow a boat b4 u buy. to see if it fits. Heck pay someone you know with a zx225 to see if it fits.

Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/30/18 11:49 PM

I have a 2018 ZX225 and it is exactly 23’4” for storage with motor down and tounge swung. I have a 23’6” garage depth and I have about an inch on either side, lol. That sir, is real world numbers!
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 01:01 AM

https://www.basscat.com/boats/page/1/caracal#info-modal
This one will prolly fit

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 02:44 AM

Hoping someone had some real world experience with this size garage. I’d borrow a buddies but my driveway has an angle and I’m going to need go jacks and one of those things you can buy to move the trailer around by hand.
Posted By: Motomax

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 03:27 AM

My 193 Champion fits just fine
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 01:44 PM

I too have a Zx225, 2016 model and as mentioned above it's 23'-4" in the shortage position (folded tongue and motor trimmed down) The website dimensions must of had a different setup. I would measure myself before buying if your dimensions maybe critical.

21x19 garage would be 28' plus on angle but then it's a matter of getting it in there.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 01:57 PM

Is your garage 21' deep and 19' wide? If not, you're completely screwed. I did tons of research when I sold my 20 Champ. My garage is 22'4" deep and only a couple of 20' Basscat models would fit straight in because of the way the motor sits on an inset at the back of Basscats. I found a good deal and went with a Legend 191. With a break away tongue it fits straight in with about 4" of space front and back left over. Otherwise you're gonna have to straddle both stalls and use rollers to move it in and out.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 01:59 PM

My 225 fits great in a 16X32 boat barn/garage, I built big red her own lil house... nuts
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 02:16 PM

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=464768

The above will show you all the phoenix lengths.
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 02:35 PM

Go jacks are the way to go...cheaper than a new building and if you ever get a bigger building, they will sell fast. Also if you buy quality Go jacks for each wheel, you will be surprised on how easy you can move that boat around without a lot of strain.

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 03:21 PM

I did have a nice 30x40 shop until my wife decided we needed to live in Trophy Club... Had to sell my place out towards Decatur and move to town. I have a single car garage that’s 25’ deep but the opening is too narrow to get a trailer in. FX21 appears to be sold so I just want to get something I can keep in the big garage since I hate having it in storage. Think I’ll pick me up a zx225 and it should fit in the 21x19 at an angle. Thanks
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 10:35 PM

My garage is 19x20 roughly. I built shelving on both sides way before I bought a boat and I also have a work bench. I’m able to store a 16 Eyra with a 250 Pro XS and poles. I initially was looking at a Caracal but did more research. Was glad I did because it put me in a 20’ with a 250. The only trick is I have to angle it in right and most time I’m good. Every once in a while it can be a pain in the butt. Sure beats paying for storage and I love the convenience.
Posted By: SATopWater

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 08/31/18 11:35 PM

Have a buddy who has a stairwell with a closet below it inside his house right behind the garage, so he cut a whole in the wall, built a box around it inside the closet, and backs it in where the motor fits in the box that's in the stairwell closet. Pretty extreme, but works for him.
Posted By: Ranger205

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/01/18 12:56 AM

I have a 20Χ23 garage and have a 20'5" Ranger 205VS...with motor trimmed down and swing tongue I can angle it in but no other vehicles inside with it. Also have to swing down Talon before going in and then swing up once inside. I got some 4Χ4's and made a stop to keep from backing to far as well.
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/02/18 12:12 AM

I see I'm not the only one with a wife that gets to give up the garage....
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/02/18 12:29 AM

Having a smaller garage has saved me a lot of money cause all I can get in mine is a ZX190. If it was bigger there would prolly be a FX21 in there. pollo
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/07/18 12:17 PM

At least 30' long if you want to back it in as towed and walk away. Otherwise, you'll have to trim motor down, put it in at an angle, etc...
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/07/18 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Having a smaller garage has saved me a lot of money cause all I can get in mine is a ZX190. If it was bigger there would prolly be a FX21 in there. pollo

Same exact scenario for me too. I have the same size garage and I could probably get a ZX200 in there but I bought a ZX190 instead just to be sure, I couldn't just barrow a boat to see if it would fit.

I was not going to buy a boat I couldn't keep in the garage.

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/07/18 05:00 PM

Man, you got a lot tighter space than I do. I don't have to trim the motor down but my problem is I have a rear entry garage and the alley is a little tight trying to back it in. Sometimes I make it on the first try but usually takes two.
Posted By: JBranham

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/07/18 06:46 PM

The things we do for our toys..., but I really like having it in the garage vs. storage somewhere.

I just recently added dual power poles so yet another obstacle...

There is certainly a checklist of things to remember moving the boat in and out of the garage like making sure it's unplugged (yes I've done it before), moving all the kids bikes and things in and out, lowering and raising the power poles at the right time with the remote while I'm moving it in and out, etc...

It's not that bad. lol
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 12:00 AM

I applaud you guys doing all that to park your boats, I hate tilting my 15 foot talons and pivoting my tongue in my 30/50 shop....
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: JBranham
The things we do for our toys..., but I really like having it in the garage vs. storage somewhere.

I just recently added dual power poles so yet another obstacle...

There is certainly a checklist of things to remember moving the boat in and out of the garage like making sure it's unplugged (yes I've done it before), moving all the kids bikes and things in and out, lowering and raising the power poles at the right time with the remote while I'm moving it in and out, etc...

It's not that bad. lol

Prolly saving you approx $2,500/yr by leaving it in your garage. Scoot this over, Scoot that over.......all worth it!
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
I applaud you guys doing all that to park your boats, I hate tilting my 15 foot talons and pivoting my tongue in my 30/50 shop....

You poor thing, I feel so sorry for you.
Posted By: JRW341513

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 02:16 PM

The Go Jack idea is interesting. I am currently looking at houses and a couple have 26' Wide by 24' Deep garages. I have a 2014 Nitro Z9 with a 10" jackplate and tandem trailer. If I used Go Jacks for the front two wheels, could I pivot the boat in position like a single axel trailer? Or would I need jacks on all four wheels for positioning?

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Minner Bucket

You poor thing, I feel so sorry for you.

He loves talking about his stuff. Definitely not introverted.

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: JRW341513
The Go Jack idea is interesting. I am currently looking at houses and a couple have 26' Wide by 24' Deep garages. I have a 2014 Nitro Z9 with a 10" jackplate and tandem trailer. If I used Go Jacks for the front two wheels, could I pivot the boat in position like a single axel trailer? Or would I need jacks on all four wheels for positioning?

My last two boats I've used one go-jak on one wheel and it was enough to take weight off the floor on both axles. I could scoot it either way, then.

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 06:08 PM

Doesn't Iowa have a fishing forum?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke

roflmao

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 07:43 PM

Nope, no fish either just lotsa corn.

Re: Garage Size for 20’ boat - 09/08/18 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Nope, no fish either just lotsa corn.

Gotta be a cornhole forum, then......
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum