Posted By: i-Fish

Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 04:35 PM

Yay or nay?
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 04:49 PM

My mechanic says a definite yay.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 04:55 PM

Mine has performed well. It's a yay from me.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 05:16 PM

I like mine. I just throw it in a storage compartment along withe clips that come with it when I take it off. No more walking back to the truck to put the old school one in the back seat. Plus last time me and my buddy went camping we used his truck to launch the boat. He left that day but I was staying another day. We beached the boat half way through the day and and put my boat trailer back on my truck. I hopped back in the boat and went fishing. He drove 2 hours back to his house with my old school transom saver in his back seat. I decided that day if I bought another old school one I’d do it again in the future. So I bought a pro rule. I love it.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 05:23 PM

Yay
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 05:28 PM

I'm running a SHO and I like Motor Mate better but anything beats the old type transom savers. By the way they don't save your transom, they're actually motor supports.

Motor Mate
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 05:41 PM

I preferred the Motor Mate transom saver also but they didn't make one for my motor at the time. Found the ProRule at Fun and Sun boat and tackle show and bought it on the spot. Like you said anything beats the old style or the one that came with the boat. I haven't been disappointed.
Posted By: stratos caster

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 05:43 PM

Yay
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 06:50 PM

Love mine. Locally made too.
Posted By: Ranger 177

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 08:01 PM

Quality made. No issues
Posted By: All Boat, No Bass

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/27/18 11:18 PM

My Skeeter 250 Yamaha SHO came with this Lock-N-Haul
Easy to use, nothing to install on boat / motor, may need some adjusting when new , easy to store

Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 12:11 AM

Another thumb
Posted By: 361V

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
I'm running a SHO and I like Motor Mate better but anything beats the old type transom savers. By the way they don't save your transom, they're actually motor supports.

Motor Mate

”Outboard Motor Trailering Stabilizer”! laugh Another vote for the Motormate. Stupid simple, fast, no clips(no need), rock solid. Where I work we call this “fireman proof”!
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 02:19 PM

I had the Pro Rule but went back with the lock n haul... Didn’t like hauling the clips around and the lock n haul doesn’t allow any movement whatsoever. But, there’s nothing wrong with the Pro Rule if you don’t mind keeping up with the clips.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 02:51 PM

While I prefer MotorMate the "clips" on the Pro Rule should be "attached" to the unit with a lanyard. Drill, couple feet of twine and a few minutes thumb Never lost...unless you loose the entire unit.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 04:27 PM

yay
Posted By: Weavertree

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 06:43 PM

I love mine! I pull my boat to the great lakes every spring and the trip would be rough on old "transom savers" and have torn up rear roller from it. I switched this year to Pro Rule and would never go back.
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 09:49 PM

Swivl Eze Lock N Stow...no clips and keeps my Optimax in place..Well worth the money.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/28/18 09:56 PM

The Lock-N-Haul seems to be the only one to fit a Yamaha 70 4 stroke.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/29/18 03:03 PM

Just sent some pics in and reply from Lock-N-Haul says it doesn't work on my motor either. Guess I'm OL.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 08/29/18 04:33 PM

Nay...get a motor mate
Posted By: texassurveyor

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 09/01/18 07:30 PM

Motormate
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 09/01/18 09:40 PM

When a major fiberglass repair shop tells me to get a transom support that goes from the motor to the trailer, that's exactly what I got.
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 09/01/18 10:40 PM

When the people that made my boat tell me to use a MotorMate support, that’s exactly what I got.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 09/01/18 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: SAKS
Mine has performed well. It's a yay from me.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Pro rule transom saver? - 09/01/18 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: HasBen
When the people that made my boat tell me to use a MotorMate support, that’s exactly what I got.

Me too. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum