Texas Fishing Forum

Forrest Wood Cup coverage....

Posted By: Dougw1515

Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/11/18 08:21 PM

If there was any doubt... Now we know why the Bass Master Classic is the premier event in the sport of bass fishing. The “Live Leader Board”... I would be absolutely embarrassed if that was the best I could do. Heck... I’m embarrass for them - someone needs to be. Whatta mess!!!!!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/11/18 09:53 PM

They just announced they are going back to Ouchita for the 2019 FLW Cup.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/11/18 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Dougw1515
If there was any doubt... Now we know why the Bass Master Classic is the premier event in the sport of bass fishing. The “Live Leader Board”... I would be absolutely embarrassed if that was the best I could do. Heck... I’m embarrass for them - someone needs to be. Whatta mess!!!!!

You doggin' the coverage/production or the results of the anglers?
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/11/18 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Horrible
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/11/18 11:11 PM

Good bit of difference having one of them in March and the other in August. wink
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/11/18 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: M. Alexander

I would guess the low weights being brought in. hmmm
Posted By: Dougw1515

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: M. Alexander

Oh... I'm doggin' the coverage - or what is passing for such. Anglers are doing fine... Bryan Thrift is my hero!!! Would love to see him finally win one.

I've seen better "coverage" from local club tournaments.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 01:36 PM

For some reason I can’t get the sound to work. Been that way for three days. I am not using the app, if there is such a thing .
It’s way behind what BASS does.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 02:25 PM

Works perfect for me. Some reaching going on in here.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 02:55 PM

Any tournament coverage that does not have Ike screaming "It's a GIANT" over a two pound bass is a winner to me.
Posted By: blueduck

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 03:05 PM

Amen, watched MLF yesterday, and with Ike on it I turned the sound off! I thought the owners of MLF told him to knock it off.
Posted By: blueduck

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 03:06 PM

Amen, watched MLF yesterday, and with Ike on it I turned the sound off! I thought the owners of MLF told him to knock it off.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 04:03 PM

I down loaded the app and able to get sound that way. Just going to the website I could not get the sound to work.
Posted By: NRHmike

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 05:03 PM

I've watched it live on YouTube with no problem.
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 05:25 PM

Worked fine for me.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 05:36 PM

Zero issues watching it today
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/12/18 08:58 PM

Is there live coverage of the weight in?
Posted By: NitroUSAF

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/13/18 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: John175®
Any tournament coverage that does not have Ike screaming "It's a GIANT" over a two pound bass is a winner to me.

Now that not just funny, but true in every sense
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/13/18 02:29 PM

The only thing that struck me as odd of all the coverage was the music they chose to play during the championship weigh in. Each year FLW seems to be getting better with there coverage.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/13/18 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Only one 3 day bag over 30 pounds. It's tough to get excited about a place that can't produce over 10 pounds a day. It evens the playing field but dang that's brutal
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/13/18 03:49 PM

You want to learn something by watching FLW live, watch what they do when they aren't catching them or when they are faced with tough conditions. That's when you learn what separates those guys from the rest of us.

In the end, a guy still walked away with $300,000 and no one can say he didn't earn it.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/13/18 04:01 PM

I agree their coverage is getting better, personally their production quality is far above BASS, but the talent is lacking. Also this tournament was brutal to follow. I could only pay attention for about 30 min each day before I got bored and checked out. Hard to get excited when MLF catches bigger fish.
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/13/18 10:31 PM

That lake is super tough in the summer and for some reason FLW picks lakes that pose the biggest challenge for anglers in the Cup. I get it's the money the Chamber of Commerce and local cities put up, but there's got to be someone out there willing to pay up and have an entertaining event. They (FLW) rely on sponsorship to make money but it's brutal to watch.

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/13/18 10:54 PM

From 10th to 1st on final day. That's why they go there. Most lakes it's a 3-4 guy race on the final day
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/14/18 12:15 AM

FLW final day was great since you had one come from 10th pace to first and I call that a championship worth watching all 3 day's and enjoyed it , but ole Chris Jones could cut back on screaming you 2 biggest bass . And it seems Velvick stay's lost all the time and he's got to think a while to figure out what to say . I think he (Velvick) hinders the show and have no idea why he's even there. But as far as FLW , I enjoy it as much as Bass and MLF I could live with out. Just doesn't interest me at all.
Posted By: TX Basser

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/14/18 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: NITRO Z8
FLW final day was great since you had one come from 10th pace to first and I call that a championship worth watching all 3 day's and enjoyed it , but ole Chris Jones could cut back on screaming

Amen about Chris Jones screaming. I was at the weigh-in and left with a headache from all of his screaming. I would almost rather hear the "Gi Gi Gi Gi Giant Bass" at the BASS weigh-ins.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/14/18 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
From 10th to 1st on final day. That's why they go there. Most lakes it's a 3-4 guy race on the final day

There's plenty of other lakes where that could play out as well and be less painful for the fans. Just look at what Jordan Lee did in the last couple classics.

As an angler, I prefer tougher tournaments like this but as a fan, not so much.

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/14/18 12:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Bissett
Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

There's plenty of other lakes where that could play out as well and be less painful for the fans. Just look at what Jordan Lee did in the last couple classics.

As an angler, I prefer tougher tournaments like this but as a fan, not so much.

Obviously but you have to have the facilities and a city paying out. That plays the biggest role. If it didn't, Rayburn would've had multiple classics and multiple cups already...
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/14/18 05:51 PM

The on lake coverage was a little dicey but what do you expect with cell phone coverage in the mountains.
It was an enjoyable weigh in to watch live and to hear the anglers discuss their challenges.
I like these types of tournament better than watching them sight fish all day long. Tough tournaments in the summer are more like real life.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/14/18 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: NRHmike
I've watched it live on YouTube with no problem.

Dang, that's a pretty Skeeter!
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/15/18 06:28 PM

Maybe a little perspective here for those complaining about the host location. Let's assume for a minute YOU were running a tournament organization and that there are maybe 30 lakes across the country that "regularly" pay for BASS, FLW and other larger national/regional events to attend their lakes and bring visitors to their communities.

Now take the group that's willing to pay the host fee for the Classic or the Cup and you've cut that number down to 10 max, argueably less. So your revenue model includes host fees as a significant portion of your overall business revenue and then say you've found a host community willing to pay and on top of that wants to commit to a long term working relationship. What do you do?

Do you (A) sign the deal and be glad that you've found a strong partner willing to work with you long term or (B) worry about what your anglers are going to experience on the water and what the legions of keyboard warriors are going to complain about on a forum?

Let me know your thoughts...
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/15/18 07:46 PM

I sign the deal. I can print the banners in bulk and use the same stage year after year. Cha-Ching!

Just don't have them fish Pittsburgh anymore...now that was a beating.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Forrest Wood Cup coverage.... - 08/15/18 08:09 PM

I would sign the deal. I watched the FLW coverage and had no problems with it.

#makefishungreatagain
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum