Texas Fishing Forum

Reels

Posted By: Stratos2011

Reels - 08/08/18 07:36 PM

Has anyone ever used a KastKing reel? Or does anyone have any thoughts on them?
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Reels - 08/08/18 07:44 PM

I don't intend to waste my money on one.
Posted By: Cole P

Re: Reels - 08/08/18 07:59 PM

You can get a Daiwa Fuego CT for $50-$60 on eBay. It is pretty hard to beat that, they are Daiwa Tatula reels without the TWS lineguide.

In-depth review: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwafuegoct.html

There is nothing else on the market in this price range that comes even close if you really break it down and look at everything:

-Line Capacity: 12/150, 14/120
-Max Drag: 14.1 lbs.
-Gear ratios: 6.3:1, 7.3:1, 8.1:1
-Aluminum Frame
-Air Rotation
-Ultimate Tournament Carbon Drag UTD
-Magforce-Z cast control
-Infinite Anti-reverse
-Large, 90mm swept power handle with cutouts for reduced weight

Posted By: BriDroid

Re: Reels - 08/08/18 09:17 PM

They were a deal of the day on Amazon a while back so I decided to try one. I sent it back 2 days later after taking it out to the lake and trying it.

The frame was so flimsy that when I tightened the reel seat on my rod, the spool wouldn't freely turn. I had to loosen the reel seat to the point that the reel was loose on the rod so that it would cast. I've never had that issue with any other reel before???

Re: Reels - 08/08/18 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BriDroid
They were a deal of the day on Amazon a while back so I decided to try one. I sent it back 2 days later after taking it out to the lake and trying it.

The frame was so flimsy that when I tightened the reel seat on my rod, the spool wouldn't freely turn. I had to loosen the reel seat to the point that the reel was loose on the rod so that it would cast. I've never had that issue with any other reel before???

It is the same frame as the Tatula CT and Zillion CT reels; haven't heard that issue from the overwhelming amount of people purchasing these reels.

Can you elaborate a bit more on your experience?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

For that kind of coin I will stick with the big name reels. cheers
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Stratos2011

I bought a speed deamon on sale a while back, the reel would engage with the lure mid flight every 20 casts or so making it impossible to fish with. I had to return it after one day.

Originally Posted By: Cole P

It is the same frame as the Tatula CT and Zillion CT reels; haven't heard that issue from the overwhelming amount of people purchasing these reels.

I think he is talking about the KastKing rather than the tatula. You are right though, in that price range the fuego is unbeatable.
Posted By: vanhagar

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 05:31 AM

I have an Assassin and a Spartacus Plus. Decent reels for the price. If it breaks, no big deal, and the carbon fiber handle alone on the Assassin is worth about $40 if purchased alone as a tune up part for one of my Daiwas or Revos.
I also own 2 fuego cts and they are absolute beasts! Don't pay extra for the t wing (tatula ct)
Posted By: BriDroid

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Wes H
Originally Posted By: Stratos2011

I bought a speed deamon on sale a while back, the reel would engage with the lure mid flight every 20 casts or so making it impossible to fish with. I had to return it after one day.

I think he is talking about the KastKing rather than the tatula. You are right though, in that price range the fuego is unbeatable.

Yep, talking about a KastKing Stealth smile
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 03:38 PM

Got a bunch of the tatula CT and CTR. Also got a Fuego in 8:1. Zero issues with any of them
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow

+1
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 04:29 PM

they are Daiwa Tatula reels without the TWS lineguide.

Not entirely true. But if you post it enough it might become “true” I guess.

Re: Reels - 08/09/18 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: txwhitetail

Your right; the Tatula CT has 2 extra bearings in the knobs, TWS line guide, different finishes and knob colors.

But if you ask people that know the difference between the Fuego & Tatula they will 9/10 times say, "they are the same less the TWS".

If you want to add (2) bearings where it actually counts, guys are putting bearings on the worm gears on the Fuego CT & Tatula CT.
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Reels - 08/10/18 01:37 AM

Your right; the Tatula CT has 2 extra bearings in the knobs, TWS line guide, different finishes and knob colors.

But if you ask people that know the difference between the Fuego & Tatula they will 9/10 times say, "they are the same less the TWS".

If you want to add (2) bearings where it actually counts, guys are putting bearings on the worm gears on the Fuego CT & Tatula CT.

Did you make up those stats ?
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Reels - 08/10/18 01:41 AM

P.o.s.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Reels - 08/10/18 04:15 AM

Did you make up those stats ?

popcorn
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum