Texas Fishing Forum

broke ultrex shaft.

Posted By: EDO

broke ultrex shaft. - 08/06/18 11:09 PM

Is this something that can be taken to a authorized minnkota shop and repaired? Anyone know the cost?
Posted By: Bandit 53

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/06/18 11:15 PM

Yes ASC can replace. Lifetime warranty on shaft, should not be any cost.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 12:32 AM

Borris marine will replace
Should be free of cost IF you register it before 2 years after purchase
Posted By: Cameron

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 01:48 AM

How did you manage to break one? Just curious, I am hell on mine. Broken everything but the shaft. eek
Posted By: Drodge

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 02:15 AM

Lifetime warranty on shaft.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 03:30 AM

Lifetime on the shaft but not the labor to install if out of warranty
Posted By: dlwfish

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 03:55 AM

I’ve snapped two of them... Well my tournament partner has snapped two of my shafts. Moving quickly down wind trying to reposition the boat both times and hit a deep stump dead center. There’s no movement like on the Fortrex so if you hit something solid at a decent speed it’s going to snap. Replaced for free both times...
Posted By: bronco71

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 03:57 AM

Posted By: redmojo

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 04:04 AM

I have broken 2 as well and honestly didn't hit the stumps that hard but I guess I did hit it just right...

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 06:43 AM

Aren’t they the same shaft as the terrova? Never hear of the terrovas breaking near as many as you hear about the ulterra has to be something in the mount that is causing it.
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 06:47 AM

Bring it in!!!!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 01:32 PM

Yes. Covered by warranty.
Posted By: James P.

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 02:15 PM

I broke mine about a month ago. Took it to Boris marine and they had me back on water in less than two weeks. Great customer service!

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 07:16 PM

A plug for Boris Marine. They fixed my trolling motor (not shaft)once repairing what another repair facility did not do properly and the 2nd time when something else went wrong. They were pretty fast as long as they have the part in stock and from my experience do it right the first time. If repair time is an issue you won't regret calling them.
Posted By: LUguy08

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 07:47 PM

I can’t load a pic but something in mine broke Saturday. It looks like a thick metal coil that comes from the shaft. I’m looking for somewhere to take it since it is only 5 months old and under warranty.
Posted By: Tjhook

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/07/18 09:21 PM

We have the parts to turn around in a day right now. Theirs a few of us knocking them out as fast as they come in. woot

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/08/18 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam

Install it? It’s one Allen bolt holding it on. Are you saying you payed somebody to do that for you?
Posted By: Clark3

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/08/18 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Drodge

Install it? It’s one Allen bolt holding it on. Are you saying you payed somebody to do that for you?

Before you make fun of someone you may want to understand what they are saying.

He meant install the shaft. If after 2 years you have to pay labor to install the shaft. Which requires cables, assembly, and armature removal and reinstall all wiring and cables.

Re: broke ultrex shaft. - 08/08/18 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Clark3
Originally Posted By: Drodge

Before you make fun of someone you may want to understand what they are saying.

He meant install the shaft. If after 2 years you have to pay labor to install the shaft. Which requires cables, assembly, and armature removal and reinstall all wiring and cables.

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum