Texas Fishing Forum

Eats in Zapata

Posted By: Chet

Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 04:58 PM

Heading down next week, anyone know if the Black Pearl is still open? Any new options for dinner?
Posted By: JFGloor

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 05:13 PM

Steakhouse every time.
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 05:29 PM

El Rincon, El Parisio and Tina's and The Steakhouse..
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 05:36 PM

Bring your own food unless you like a whole lot of chicken fried steak smothered in cheese and gravy. I could live on that. There's a reason that I look like I do.....goooooood! Please catch a slaunch donkey, too.
Posted By: jigging

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 05:52 PM

Stripes taco's breakfast
Tina's lunch
cook my own dinner or steak house
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: jigging
Stripes taco's breakfast
Tina's lunch
cook my own dinner or steak house

Stripes for everything ..... restaurants in Zapata are not good ...... none of them
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 06:04 PM

I love the soup they serve up down there as appetizer, my wife say's it's just a different touch to spaghetti-o's.

Please give us a report when you get back.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 06:16 PM

The Pizza Hut is good.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 06:21 PM

Don't forget the DQ for after dinner blizzards.....
Posted By: JFGloor

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 06:34 PM

I agree with Jigging.
I get a taco at the stripes in the morning or go to the steakhouse for breakfast if I'm meeting my guide there (matt reed)
for lunch I will get a premade sandwich at the stripes. They have some pretty good ones.
Dinner is the Steakhouse.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 06:35 PM

I really liked the Steakhouse for breakfast.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 06:56 PM

Stripes for breakfast
Stripes for lunch
Stripes for dinner

Repeat process the next day
Posted By: ShawnT

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 07:03 PM

Stripes for breakfast and El Ricon for dinner. El Ricon is good!!
I didnt care much for the Steakhouse.

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Stripes for breakfast
Stripes for lunch
Stripes for dinner

Repeat process the next day

Here is a man that has been to Zapata more than once or twice

You might get lucky once (or twice) at the Steakhouse or El Rincon,,, but to eat good as these places on a consistent basis is (IMHO) not possible
Posted By: Jobie99

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 07:20 PM

[quote=ShawnT]Stripes for breakfast and El Ricon for dinner. El Ricon is good!!
I didnt care much for the Steakhouse.[/quote

El Rincon is the best restaurant in Zapata. The wing place that just opened is pretty good, but they are slow. Tina’s and Stripes for breakfast. If you are trying to get out on the water Stripes is faster.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 10:07 PM

El Rincon is the way to go
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/02/18 10:32 PM

Stripes for breakfast and El Rincon for dinner. El Rincon, the steak house and one other place are all owned by the same family and share many of the same recipes.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 12:07 AM

Ok, I’ve only been in Zapata for 2 and 1/2 days. 1 dinner at the Steak House, very eatable and not bad, I would go back. 1 dinner at El Rincon, Chk Fry, not bad, I would go back. 1 breakfast at Stripes based on the reviews it always gets, worse breakfast tacos we have had in a long time, must have been an off day. I would only go back simply because everyone says it’s the best so il give them a mulligan. That’s all of my Zapata eating experience. Cold beer was good though after fishing in 105 degrees all day!
Posted By: SATopWater

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 12:07 AM

B: Stripes
L: Uh, I'm fishing
D: El Parisio (The steakhouse in my experience, is Soooooooooo Sllllooooooowwwwwwww)
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 12:36 AM

nobody goes to zapata for the dining, thats for sure.
we always hit stripes for breakfast, sandwich on the boat for lunch, fire up the grill for dinner. hit rincon one evening maybe.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 02:40 PM

Not even McDonalds!
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 04:06 PM

If you don't get the Panchos at the SH, El P or El R you are making a BIG mistake. They are really good. SH and El P are owned by the same family. Dont think they own Rincon too. The tortilla factory on 16 has good breakfast tacos too. All that are noted are good.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 04:30 PM

We go to that bakery with all of the fresh made pastries right off of the road. I can't remember the name of it. Then we throw in Stripes on occasion (migas) and the Steakhouse after.

As mentioned.... You don't go to Zapata for the cuisine but it will make a......

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 08:13 PM

.... I know that everyone on here are fishermen and not Chefs
You go to Zapata & Falcon for the fishing and not the cuisine
But your approval and acceptance levels are really LOW..........
I am in the FOOD business and those restaurants serve some of the worst food in the state.
If you want to eat decent, take a grill and your own food.
Even the State Troopers eat at Subway because as he stated—— I can watch them make the sandwich
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 08:36 PM

Is the Holiday Restaurant still open? It was as good (or bad) as any other place in Zapata the times we ate there.

What about Robert Amaya's place?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 10:33 PM

Fried shrimp are really good @ The Steakhouse,
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/03/18 10:36 PM

Roberts place is closed. Roberts and the Holiday Resteraunt are the only two in that town that have not given me the #3's at least once.
Posted By: John Peebles

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/04/18 01:30 AM

Churches! pollo
Posted By: fish hard for fun

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/04/18 08:02 AM

I have survived the past seven Winters fishing Falcon and living in Zapata by NOT eating out. Last year the Black Pearl opened and most people hadn't heard of it or knew where it was. After a long day of hard fishing a big bowl of their seafood soup could cure anything. Sure hope it is still open this Winter.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/04/18 01:13 PM

All the restaurants there suck. Cook your own food or go to one of the few chain restaurants and maintain low expectations.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/05/18 09:42 PM

Tina's
El rincon
Steakhouse

Everything else sucks
Posted By: Weavertree

Re: Eats in Zapata - 08/05/18 09:50 PM

Tinas has a good breakfast. We like to bring our own steaks (you aren't going to find prime 1 3/4" ribeyes at the 2 supermarkets). El Rincon and Holiday aren't bad after all day on the water. The El Rincon Special will feed 3 people but I try to knock it out myself. The fried shrimp aren't bad at either place. My biggest problem is the terrible chips and hot sauce. Doritos and Alberts hot sauce would be better than the carp they put on the table...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum