Texas Fishing Forum

Duralast Marine Batteries

Posted By: davisxx

Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/30/18 11:42 PM

Does anyone use the Duralast cranking battery? Any pros/cons....
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 01:02 AM

If you are a Sams Club member they sell Duralast marine batteries. I use a Deka starting battery for my boat and if I had a Sams card I would have purchased the Duralast.
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 02:17 AM

I know Sam's Club sells Duracell which East Penn makes.
East Penn also makes Deka.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 02:18 AM

Hard to beat a Duracell AGM 31 for $179. Also it depends on your motors cca requirements plus any accessories you run.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Hard to beat a Duracell AGM 31 for $179. Also it depends on your motors cca requirements plus any accessories you run.

+1
Posted By: davisxx

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 03:01 AM

I have a continental flooded cell in the boat now. Lol, been lucky, it is the original cranking battery that came in the boat when I bought the boat brand new in 2014...
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 11:41 AM

This. We fished a 14hr night tourney and with both livewells and 3 big graphs running it started the motor just like it did that morning as it did that evening.
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 12:46 PM

I have used the Duralast Marine battery from Autozone and had good service from them. I used the one with 1000 cca they were reliable and usually there's an Autozone close by.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 12:53 PM

My opinion....

If it says "last"'"start", or "super" in its name.....it ain't none of it.
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 01:52 PM

I have had 2 of them, each one lasted 4-5 years. Only reason I don't have one now is when the last one finally died I was in a time crunch and bought an interstate at the marina where i was launching.
Posted By: BASSCATONE

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 02:08 PM

One of the two I bought about 15 months ago is DEAD.
Posted By: J.D.Big Bass

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 07/31/18 02:11 PM

I have used Duracell and Deke only once . Did not work for me . They want get my vote. one and done.JD
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 08/01/18 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: J.D.Big Bass
I have used Duracell and Deke only once . Did not work for me . They want get my vote. one and done.JD

You need to learn how to spell words. Duracell and Deka batteries are very good quality. What did you switch to?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 08/01/18 02:08 AM

Duracell is a Deka. Deka one of if not the best marine battery. Their wetcells are awesome.
Posted By: sll

Re: Duralast Marine Batteries - 08/01/18 10:51 AM

Duracell is a Deka. Deka one of if not the best marine battery. Their wetcells are awesome.
Second this......only used their wet cells but have great success with them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum