Texas Fishing Forum

TC Hall

Posted By: HumanSeine

TC Hall - 07/30/18 12:21 PM

Ok , I am dating myself but growing up in Mesquite in the 60’swe would drive to a tackle shop on Jim Miller named TC Hall. Anyone aware if the store still exists and I cannot testify surely of the location I tried google?.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 12:29 PM

My dad use to shop there all the time, in fact bought a boat there. I remember going there with him but not sure of the location but Jim Miller sounds correct. They are no longer in business.
Posted By: slabnut

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 12:43 PM

Wasn't there a place in Mesquite in the 70's, little takle shop called Jim Vicks? May have the name wrong.
Posted By: slabnut

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 12:47 PM

Do remember T.C. Hall also, loved it. I was thinking it was off of lake june but maybe not. It was a long time ago.

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: slabnut
Wasn't there a place in Mesquite in the 70's, little takle shop called Jim Vicks? May have the name wrong.

Joe Axton had a tackle shop in Mesquite before he moved to Lake Fork.
Posted By: Dr. Crank

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 01:37 PM

Yep dated alright, .....it was on the corner of lake June and Jim miller behind Hudgens grocery. They moved onto Buckner blvd after the dad passed, was never the same. Back in the day if was the Smitty’s only in pleasant grove. If I remember correct Jimmy Smith married one of the Hall girls later. They been closed for years............good place in the 70’s ........
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 01:44 PM

Thank you guys actually I was looking for an older place where I might find some old big bombers or other things like that?

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: HumanSeine
Thank you guys actually I was looking for an older place where I might find some old big bombers or other things like that?

Probably ebay is your best bet now for that.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: TC Hall - 07/30/18 11:22 PM

T C Hall has it all yeah on corner of Jim miller and lake June rd.
Think it was still open into the 80’s maybe till 87 not sure.
J D
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: TC Hall - 08/01/18 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Crank
Yep dated alright, .....it was on the corner of lake June and Jim miller behind Hudgens grocery. They moved onto Buckner blvd after the dad passed, was never the same. Back in the day if was the Smitty’s only in pleasant grove. If I remember correct Jimmy Smith married one of the Hall girls later. They been closed for years............good place in the 70’s ........

Yes Jimmy Smith married Bunny Hall. Great people!
Posted By: fishinman

Re: TC Hall - 08/01/18 01:48 PM

Bought my first Speed Spool and All Star rod at TC Halll...
Good place back in the day!
Good fishin’
Posted By: rducky625

Re: TC Hall - 08/01/18 06:09 PM

T C Hall at one time had two locations in Pleasant Grove. The tackle shop in Mesquite was Jim Vicks. I thought at one time that Lance Vick was his son but when I asked Lance he said he did not know Jim. Jimmy Smith is still married to Bunny and is a very popular guide on Tawakoni.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum