Texas Fishing Forum

First Texas Smallmouth...

Posted By: markson

First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/27/18 06:12 PM

First Texas Smallmouth (I have caught them elsewhere).
First fish caught under a Blood Moon.
First day I ever sunk a hook into my finger past the barb.
First time I can confirm that the yank it out method sucks for real, maybe it is better if someone else is helping. Easier to push it through and cut it if you are solo, there was hardly any pain at all that way.

Posted By: rj74955

Re: First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/27/18 06:52 PM

Nice fish, totally unacceptable coach's shorts.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/27/18 07:38 PM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: SC-001

Re: First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/27/18 08:13 PM

Not supposed to do the string trick to pop a hook out by yourself scared
Posted By: markson

Re: First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/27/18 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: rj74955

Yep, busted...I put those on to eat a quick breakfast and connect the boat, then forgot to put on my sanctioned official fishing shorts..kinda like the time I was called out on the weigh in stand for wearing two different shoes...All I could do was hang my head and take the ribbing blush
Posted By: rj74955

Re: First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/27/18 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: markson
Originally Posted By: rj74955

Yep, busted...I put those on the eat a quick breakfast and connect the boat, then forgot to put on my sanctioned official fishing shorts..kinda like the time I was called out on the weigh in stand for wearing two different shoes...All I could do was hang my head and take the ribbing blush

roflmao The biggest smallmouth I ever caught, I had on the goofiest Jorts ever. Maybe we are on to something.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/27/18 10:52 PM

Nice smallie. Too bad you got a hook. Thats never any fun but I can tell ya the string trick works like a champ if you have someone to help ya.

Word of caution: If you have a treble in you from a crankbait, make sure you remove the treble from the bait before you pop it out. Otherwise you can wind up popping another hook into you as you pop one out. Don't ask me how I know... roflmao
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: First Texas Smallmouth... - 07/28/18 01:42 AM

I used to catch them regularly on the Sabine River and most of the time it was a Lazy Ike that brought them out! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum