Texas Fishing Forum

Running Rayburn

Posted By: PurpleFrogger

Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 10:08 AM

Good morning. Headed to the south end of Rayburn for some recon. I know the lake is down 2.5 feet. Any predominant hazards I should avoid? I tried a search but got no results. I will probably put in east of the dam.

Thanks!
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 10:53 AM

South end is pretty open. Few problems until you reach Caney on the west side or Veach on the east side. Some stumps around Needmore too.
Posted By: BigTxBassMan

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 11:29 AM

Go to Ken Smith Fishing. Scroll down thru his videos. He's got some really good info about running Rayburn.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: BigTxBassMan
Go to Ken Smith Fishing. Scroll down thru his videos. He's got some really good info about running Rayburn.

This ^^^^^^^
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 11:58 AM

There a few stumps in the middle between five fingers and Westwood. Not visible at this level but they are there. One may be sticking up by now. They are literally right in the middle of the lake. The stumps start going north just before buck bay also way east in front of the Bear Creek area.
Posted By: PurpleFrogger

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 12:30 PM

Thanks guys, and i will check out the Ken Smith videos too!
Posted By: TopwaterTom

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 12:58 PM

Can also go here and buy the download.
http://www.boatlanes.com/

I don't have it, so I can't say how good it is, just passing info along.
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/24/18 04:01 PM

+1 on the Ken Smith videos. They are worth watching for sure.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Running Rayburn - 07/25/18 01:50 AM

Ken Smith's videos and boatlanes are pretty spot on. Boatlanes shows the edge of the forests, Ken goes into a little detail about specific obstacles! Together they are great tools.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum