Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex

Posted By: Nicholas Moudy

Ultrex - 07/23/18 07:49 PM

Does anyone know if there are any upcoming sales on the Ultrex?
Posted By: FlatBack4

Re: Ultrex - 07/23/18 08:00 PM

You never know, but since they can't make enough of them to satisfy the demand, I'd really not expect much of a reduction.
Posted By: Dug71

Re: Ultrex - 07/24/18 01:34 PM

Not since Van Dam is sponsored by them now. crazy
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Ultrex - 07/24/18 01:46 PM

There "might" be a sale on them soon since the new ones coming out will have the Humminbird DI Sonar built in instead of the US2 Sonar.

I would not bet on it though as the others said if you can't keep up with demand you don't lower the price you raise it.

Then some of the components could be affected by the Tariff's?

I work in the A/C field and a lot of our parts just went up 25% because of them. eeks
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Ultrex - 07/24/18 05:11 PM

Swindle posted a video that Duckett Marine has them on sale
Call them
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Ultrex - 07/24/18 05:47 PM

Just bought mine, cant wait to use it!

banana
Posted By: Boudreaux99

Re: Ultrex - 07/24/18 07:47 PM

Call some of the online places that sell them. You can get a better price from one of them, I saved $300 when I bought mine. I just called and asked what the best deal was.
Posted By: Skeeterjoe

Re: Ultrex - 07/24/18 08:56 PM

I saw on Facebook last Friday that C & O Marine in White Bluff Tenn, has an overstock and is running a sale. The number they have posted is (615) 797 4760. They show a 80# 45" shaft for $2050.00
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Ultrex - 07/24/18 09:27 PM

Best deal I found was from Russel Marine Products. He's a member here, send him a PM and ask him what he can sell you one for.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas Moudy

Prices are pretty competitive, where you save money is buying online where you pay no taxes and free shipping.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 03:10 AM

They are worth full price.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Prices are pretty competitive, where you save money is buying online where you pay no taxes and free shipping.

Not anymore. Supreme Court changed all that. They didn't trust the individual to report to their home state, so the online stores MUST charge tax and report for all 50 states.

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton

Not anymore. Supreme Court changed all that. They didn't trust the individual to report to their home state, so the online stores MUST charge tax and report for all 50 states.

Imagine the irony USA citizens aren’t capable of living by a deomcracry created by the most crooked people in our community. Think of all congress paid off by lobbyist , and the list goes on officers of the court abuse there knowledge as much as a welfare recipant figuring out how to get all there benefits
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 07:02 AM

Since when? Tackle Warehouse and plenty of other web based sites still do not charge sales tax.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Flooringit

Imagine the irony USA citizens aren’t capable of living by a deomcracry created by the most crooked people in our community. Think of all congress paid off by lobbyist , and the list goes on officers of the court abuse there knowledge as much as a welfare recipant figuring out how to get all there benefits

Not sure where forcing you to pay your taxes is making it where you aren't capable of living in a Democracy. The truth of the matter, even before the Supreme Court ruling, if you bought out of state and brought the merchandise into the state to use, you were required to report it and pay the taxes. Buying outside the state and not reporting sales tax, you were breaking the law and not paying your fair share not to mention hurting the local dealers who couldn't compete because of someone undercutting their price by offering no tax. It has been coming for a long time ever since online sales got so popular.

States have been pushing for this for a long time

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 10:59 AM

That's true if you buy in your home state David but if you buy out of state you don't pay sales tax. If you're in a hurry for whatever you're buying and need installation then you buy local.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 12:37 PM

That's true if you buy in your home state David but if you buy out of state you don't pay sales tax. If you're in a hurry for whatever you're buying and need installation then you buy local.

As of June, you’re wrong... but may vs shall, it is up to the states to “requre”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes...chants.amp.html
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 12:53 PM

They said it has to pass the House first to become law, but yeah if people are on the fence and want to save the money...they might make the purchase before this nightmare could become reality.

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 01:05 PM

That’s exactly right it’s not law yet. And to the other person. I made it clear what I meant. Crooked politicians don’t trust us so they force people to collect. I don’t think every state requires tax be collected. I do know Arkansas is not one but they are trying to pass a law now that will make people collect. Amazon found that out so they started collecting. Amazon doesn’t collect for every state just the ones with laws or ones trying to pass laws. So I don’t buy from them.

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 03:51 PM

That's true if you buy in your home state David but if you buy out of state you don't pay sales tax. If you're in a hurry for whatever you're buying and need installation then you buy local. [/quote]

As of June, you’re wrong... but may vs shall, it is up to the states to “requre”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes...chants.amp.html [/quote]

Gonna have to disagree again. Have made 4 purchases on Ebay this month from 4 different states and wasn't charged a penny in sales tax. I'm only speaking of my purchases, maybe someone else got charged. My Humminbird Helix 10 came from Illinois and my Ultrex came from Georgia and no tax on either. Right or wrong I don't make the laws but I'm all about saving money and will continue to do so.

Re: Ultrex - 07/25/18 07:08 PM

What’s funny about the whole tax thing is. They keep saying how it will help local brick and mortar stores let’s say the local motorcylcle shop has the piston and cylinder I need but they want 475$ plus state sales tax. But they will have to order it in for me will take 5-7 business days. But I can get on said website order same exact oem stuff for 343 plus the now required sales tax. So it’s 133 cheaper already and the sales tax would be less by about 13$. Now I will get those items in 2 days instead of 5-7 and they will come to my door saving time and fuel. So it doesn’t help brick and mortar stores at all imo. It just helps the state who’s already mishandling all the tax dollars.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Ultrex - 07/26/18 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: airforcefishin
Swindle posted a video that Duckett Marine has them on sale
Call them

Looks like the 36V 112 lb model is the only one listed but they don't list anything on their website so maybe the others are as well?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum