Texas Fishing Forum

RV Park at Fork

Posted By: salex

RV Park at Fork - 07/23/18 06:47 PM

Does Fork need another RV Park. If so,

What are the amenities that are missing?

What are the amenities that may not be obvious but separate one from another?

What parks are doing things the best?
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/23/18 07:49 PM

Paradise Forest RV is an excellent park and I believe they are doing it right... Storage Units, Laundry Machines, Septic, Pavilion, Ice Machine, Gated, Wi-Fi, 3 Boat Ramps, Floating Marina, Mostly Paved Roads... Friendly staff and Owner.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/23/18 07:57 PM

I'm with Ozzie,
If I had to say what I don't like about Paradise is this, it's very important to me, is I need lots of parking. Paradise seems way to packed in for me.
I like trees and shade and parking for at least two vehicles and boat.
1) I need elbow room
2) Don't tell me I have only a certain amount of days to use my site.
3) Don't tell me I can NOT let my family use my camper if I am not there.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/23/18 08:54 PM

I think that Mustang Resort has ample space, great launch ramp,boat storages, store motel,always clean, not crowded, good security. CANT ASK FOR A BETTER PLACE. OF COURSE, THATS WHERE I STAY.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/23/18 09:09 PM

I looked into them last year. What I found was that too many were packed in like sardines. It would’ve worth a little more money to me to not be on top of each other. Some of the rules were too strict such as not allowing family to use when I wasn’t there. Have heard from a few that the owners like to rent the property but don’t like you really staying there often because of the water bill. Again, I would not mind paying for extra water over a certain amount to enjoy my time there.

In the end, most of them are priced fairly low if they aren’t water front. I think a nicer more luxurious park could do well at a little higher rate. For me, my wife wouldn’t really go on the boat much so she would like a cleaner more spacious place to have as a weekend getaway so that she could just relax.

Some of the owners were just down right rude and had no business dealing with the public. Don’t be that kind of owner. Remember that these are your guests not your pests
Posted By: BigHead248

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/23/18 09:31 PM

Mustang resort has been great to us for several years. No junk campers / sites. It’s gated and usually very quiet. We have waterfront and easy access to a nice boat ramp. It’s also very close to restaurants.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/23/18 09:38 PM

Me too I have a very large lot, good neighbors and ample space for anything,and main thing, no trash around,owners are super people.been there for awhile and plan on staying
Posted By: D1988

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 02:26 AM

Yes Fork could use a Good Sam RV park. This would raise the standards. People will be willing to pay for luxury. We are full RVers and enjoy nice places
Posted By: forkduc

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 04:20 PM

Bridgeview ,Secret Haven and the one behind the old Steve's Props.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 04:28 PM

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 04:34 PM

I love Caney Point Rv due to everything is waterfront. And plenty of room and trees every where.

I do wish lots could be a little larger. A place with washer and dryer would be nice if you stay for longer periods of time. We already have a large ramp with 2 other smaller ones.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: bbexotics
Me too I have a very large lot, good neighbors and ample space for anything,and main thing, no trash around,owners are super people.been there for awhile and plan on staying

That is how we feel about Pelican Point.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 05:25 PM

I guess wherever you end up will turn out good. For my wife and I, we wanted security, and at Bridgeview, we have that. There isn't much that goes on that Bruce doesn't know about. Plus he keeps it clean and adheres to the rules of the park.
I had a bad accident in June when my boat got swamped during a storm on the lake. Just about totaled it.

That happened in the evening, and after cleaning up lures that floated by for the next 2 hours along with other fishing gear, I finally left to go eat. At 11:00PM, I went down to check on my boat and there was Bruce, pumping out the boat, and working to help me get it out of the water. That means a lot to me, at 71, none of that stuff is easy anymore. So, I'm partial to Bridgeview
Posted By: fouzman

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 05:33 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12818797/Lake_Fork_storms#Post12818797

Is that you in the second photo. Behind the American flag?
Posted By: KevinHebert

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 06:04 PM

One that had a swimming pool would get my kids to go more often.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 07:26 PM

[quote=fouzman]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12818797/Lake_Fork_storms#Post12818797

Is that you in the second photo. Behind the American flag? [/quote
Boy, some people have a death wish.
No, that was not me. The thursday evening before the skeeter tourney, I saw it coming and just got my boat tied up on all four corners in the covered boat slip. Bad idea. I came back 30 minutes later and the waves were over the slip, and had ripped my boat out of the slip and under the steel walkway. Deputy told me that there were about 2 dozen boats damaged.
Next time, the new boat goes on the trailer!!!

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 07:30 PM

Thank goodness you weren't on the lake when that storm came through! Sorry about your boat.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 07:43 PM

I was up in Burch, and the storm I was watching to the West, all of a sudden, came in right on top of us and the strong wind was from the North. This is the only time, I have ever run my boat flat out getting back to Bridgeview. I was worried about this one and thought I had stayed too long. I passed boats that were still fishing with troll motors down. I guess there's a lesson there somewhere, One Our Father and Three Hail Marys later and I was in the boat slip tied up. Insurance paid off, boat now looks great but Im getting a new one.

That would'nt have been a good way to go.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: west tex angler
I was up in Burch, and the storm I was watching to the West, all of a sudden, came in right on top of us and the strong wind was from the North. This is the only time, I have ever run my boat flat out getting back to Bridgeview. I was worried about this one and thought I had stayed too long. I passed boats that were still fishing with troll motors down. I guess there's a lesson there somewhere, One Our Father and Three Hail Marys later and I was in the boat slip tied up. Insurance paid off, boat now looks great but Im getting a new one.

That would'nt have been a good way to go.

Texas summer storms move pretty fast, why not get in a protected area and beach your boat and hunker down??

Not trying to mind your business, I am just curious what is the mind set that makes you think you have to make it back during a storm.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 08:23 PM

I can answer that Doug. For me, it's lightning. I don't want to be anywhere near the lake when lightning starts. Plus, what if the storm doesn't move fast and your stuck in the woods until after dark?

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 08:28 PM

Well, it was dangerous either way.
But I thought I could make it and I did. The boat was screwed up as it sat in the slip. Again, the deputy said there were a lot of boats damaged or floating in the lake. I would post pics but just switched to an Apple and haven't figured out how. Im used to Windows.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I can answer that Doug. For me, it's lightning. I don't want to be anywhere near the lake when lightning starts. Plus, what if the storm doesn't move fast and your stuck in the woods until after dark?

I was within 100 yards of a tin boat that got hit by lightning right next to the 2946 bridge. It was Fathers Day and it was a man, his son and grandson. Lightning killed 2 of them. I was on the bank when a helicopter picked them up in Val's parking lot. Two more men were killed by lightning near the 515 west bridge. One clap of thunder and I'm out of there to my truck or the nearest marina.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 08:38 PM

and with that.... we are completely off track here

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
and with that.... we are completely off track here

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/24/18 10:52 PM

Yep, I only brought up the owner at Bridgeview because he seems to really care for the well being of his customers. Kinda got carried away
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 01:25 PM

I hear the complaints about owners being rude, I don't know any that are. About 3years ago we looked heavily into building an RV. park. There is a tremendous amount of planning and work envolved, not to mention money. These owners are very dedicated to their properties, and guest from what I've seen. To answer the OP's question, I would say yes, it can use another park, like a saying I once heard, build it, and they will come.. And they are...
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

I was within 100 yards of a tin boat that got hit by lightning right next to the 2946 bridge. It was Fathers Day and it was a man, his son and grandson. Lightning killed 2 of them. I was on the bank when a helicopter picked them up in Val's parking lot.

I recall that day well. Bill Kells of Rainswood was one of the first on scene to find them. He said they had yellow slicker rainsuits on and it was melted into their flesh. Horrific scene I am sure. Glad I didn't have to witness it. That would be hard to un-see.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 07:42 PM

Remember the guy who owned Cowboy Concrete in Ft. Work, Ken? May have been the same storm, I can't recall. But he was trying to make the run back in when lightning hit the front pedestal on his bow. Killed him and his partner instantly. They were found adrift in the east side boat lane. Pack and I came very close to being struck one December when a severe cold front came roaring in about four hours ahead of schedule. Since that day, if can hear thunder, I'm off the lake!

Sorry to get off topic, Steve.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 07:56 PM

Remember the guy who owned Cowboy Concrete in Ft. Work, Ken? May have been the same storm, I can't recall. But he was trying to make the run back in when lightning hit the front pedestal on his bow. Killed him and his partner instantly. They were found adrift in the east side boat lane. Pack and I came very close to being struck one December when a severe cold front came roaring in about four hours ahead of schedule. Since that day, if can hear thunder, I'm off the lake!

Same storm, same two I was talking about Fouz. I was fishing way up north in Garret Creek when I saw it coming and was WOT all the back to Val's ( Val's Landing back then ) when I saw the tin boat. I beached my boat and ran to my friends RV for safety. Came out when the helicopter landed, sick sight to behold.
Sorry OP, got carried away.
Posted By: Cameron

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 08:04 PM

Older RV parks feel "packed" because no one envisioned 40 foot campers with 5 slide outs haha, things sure have changed since the mid 80s.

I've seen a lot of businesses change hands over the years here, the one common denominator with a failure seems to be lack of a sewage treatment plant. Really is crazy how many businesses have died due to lack of a turd laundry system.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Cameron
Older RV parks feel "packed" because no one envisioned 40 foot campers with 5 slide outs haha, things sure have changed since the mid 80s.

I've seen a lot of businesses change hands over the years here, the one common denominator with a failure seems to be lack of a sewage treatment plant. Really is crazy how many businesses have died due to lack of a turd laundry system.

Why do you have to bring that $hit up Cameron? roflmao
Posted By: Cameron

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Originally Posted By: Cameron

Why do you have to bring that $hit up Cameron? roflmao

As my grandpa used to tell people when they paid there sewer bill, "Your [censored] is our bread and butter"

LOL

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Same storm, same two I was talking about Fouz. I was fishing way up north in Garret Creek when I saw it coming and was WOT all the back to Val's ( Val's Landing back then ) when I saw the tin boat. I beached my boat and ran to my friends RV for safety. Came out when the helicopter landed, sick sight to behold.
Sorry OP, got carried away.

That was a very sad day on the lake.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/25/18 09:15 PM

Sorry we hi-jacked your thread Steve. blush

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/26/18 02:22 PM

I thought this took a weird turn. I simply wanted to know about RV parks at Fork. Next thing I know.....Well its the TFF. Our often times; dysfunctional family. LOL.

If anyone has any RV comments please keep them coming.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/26/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: salex
I thought this took a weird turn. I simply wanted to know about RV parks at Fork. Next thing I know.....Well its the TFF. Our often times; dysfunctional family. LOL.

Let me ask you this, cause Ive been on the lake since the 80's and been in a few different parks.....what are you looking at doing? Whats your plan? Then maybe we can go off that.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/26/18 03:20 PM

If I was going to do a RV park myself this is how I would envision it.

1) RV space with concrete pads
2) Carport or single metal garage next to each one of them w/ concrete pad
3) Parking for at least two vehicles + boat
4) No full time living but more then 180 days allowed

Lots a trees and ample space along with gated access. Charge premium price point and fewer number of available lots

And the most important part is put a "Seth's" right smack in the center

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/26/18 06:40 PM

Let me ask you this, cause Ive been on the lake since the 80's and been in a few different parks.....what are you looking at doing? Whats your plan? Then maybe we can go off that.

Looking at an investment opportunity which could be a RV park on Fork.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/26/18 06:43 PM

Gotcha. So Im guessing its already built and going? Or are you looking to build from scratch?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/26/18 06:47 PM

Have never thought about it but a pavilion area/community center with a pool, BBQ area, fitness area, sand volleyball court and on site laundromat would probably grab a ton of interest as long as rest of park was decent and clean.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/26/18 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Have never thought about it but a pavilion area/community center with a pool, BBQ area, fitness area, sand volleyball court and on site laundromat would probably grab a ton of interest as long as rest of park was decent and clean.

There are a few with that stuff Mark, bath house, vending machines, pool, laundry room, duck pond. etc...
The cost for the land, sewer(septic) based off I believe 42 gals per day per site, pads, roads, electric, water, liability insurance, community house.. It was a lot to consider... Also looked into boat storage, right at $5500 per stall, if you have the land.. Best investment imo.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/27/18 04:08 PM

Gotcha. So Im guessing its already built and going? Or are you looking to build from scratch?

Loose lips sink ships.

Just trying to get a feel for what folks like and don't like.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/27/18 04:19 PM

Loose lips sink ships.

Sometimes in business it does. But RV parks on Forks a saturated market. You will need something that stands out from the others. Waterfront lots is your first look. That's what everyone wants out there. You will also need a real good handyman/laborer always on site. Im in a newer park now there and have seen a lot of the frustrations people have had.

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/27/18 04:19 PM

I'll bet I know just the spot. Good luck, Steve!

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/27/18 04:56 PM

Think I know which one...

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/27/18 05:38 PM

Loose lips sink ships.

Lets grab lunch when I get back and talk. I have some ideas.
Posted By: D1988

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/27/18 11:09 PM

Im 51 and grew up next to aunts rv park. There isnt much I havent seen. I live full time in a great Good Sam park now. I could say I now a great deal about them. I know if its done right the folks will come.
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/27/18 11:32 PM

Seen 2 rv parks on fork for sale on Craigslist real estate.. yes I still look at craigslist, I don’t do the Facebook..
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/28/18 02:35 PM

Seems like having a pool and common pavilion would make the price point to high considering you are limited to the size of the units you can put on the lake. But I certainly don’t know and that’s why I’m poor...
Posted By: olducker

Re: RV Park at Fork - 07/28/18 08:47 PM

I believe the market is saturated.. plenty of vacancy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum