Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Livescope

Posted By: tx2va07

Garmin Livescope - 07/21/18 10:09 PM

So does anyone have it yet?

Going back and forth on ordering. Haven’t seen much video or heard much about it’s effectiveness in bass fishing application.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/21/18 10:18 PM

https://www.facebook.com/JoshJonesFishingGuideService/videos/1785982024804285/

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/21/18 10:19 PM

go to the BBC and check out the garmin page.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/21/18 10:24 PM

oh my,..!! hooked that is amazing.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/21/18 10:25 PM

Yes, I’m on there, thanks. Still not much input from bass guys.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/21/18 11:04 PM

That little video pretty much says it all. There is nothing out there like it. It's real time, not history. You can see the same thing on any piece of cover, not just stumps. Laydowns, rocks, docks, anything you can imagine. If it's not showing fish, move on to the next piece of cover. I'm sure Lowrance and H-bird engineers are putting in some rrrrreeeeeaaalllly long hours right now, but for a couple of years there are going to be a bunch of guys joining Sons of Fishes.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/21/18 11:49 PM

That is pretty cool. I don't have it nor do I have Humminbird 360. Could you speed up the scan rate of the 360 and do the same thing?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/22/18 12:08 AM

is it fwd looking, or down looking...
Posted By: Denny Crane

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/22/18 12:45 AM

Both
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/22/18 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
That is pretty cool. I don't have it nor do I have Humminbird 360. Could you speed up the scan rate of the 360 and do the same thing?

If you could get the 360 faster and still have decent quality picture then it could get close but not the same. It would still be showing history and not really live. On the other hand, the 360 is much better at what it does because you will locate things that you may never have known existed. Similar to what SI has done to graphs.

When I saw the initial videos released I was amazed at the clarity and ability to actually see the fish swim. Once I looked closer and saw that they were really large fish like tarpon I was a little less impressed. Looks nice but not enough there yet to make me want to change, atleast for bass fishing.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/22/18 01:29 AM

I haven't seen any tarpon yet but sure would like to. I've seen crappie, sand bass, bluegill, and bass "swimmingly" though.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/22/18 01:38 AM

Until users post video or pictures nobody really knows how well it works... 360 views dont look like all the advertisement pictures do. And yes I use and love my 360 3-5 days a week right now....

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/22/18 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa
Until users post video or pictures nobody really knows how well it works... 360 views dont look like all the advertisement pictures do.

Yep. Exactly. Using it to catch crappie off a stump that’s 6’ in front of you is a little different than using it to locate and catch bass.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/22/18 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: rj74955
I haven't seen any tarpon yet but sure would like to. I've seen crappie, sand bass, bluegill, and bass "swimmingly" though.

I believe the very first video that Garmin released showed a tarpon

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/23/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: tx2va07
Until users post video or pictures nobody really knows how well it works... 360 views dont look like all the advertisement pictures do.

Yep. Exactly. Using it to catch crappie off a stump that’s 6’ in front of you is a little different than using it to locate and catch bass.

How so? The last 2 tournaments I have fished I was exclusively fishing giant submerged stumps along a river channel, most of which are not visible above the water line. Some have fish on them, most don't. It's like picking cherries.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/23/18 02:40 PM

How so? The last 2 tournaments I have fished I was exclusively fishing giant submerged stumps along a river channel, most of which are not visible above the water line. Some have fish on them, most don't. It's like picking cherries.

Are you using livescope?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/23/18 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: coachallentca

Are you using livescope?

Can do the same thing with 360 at a distance and hit the stump every time. Mega 360 will be next is my guess. Until Garmin steps up their mapping and side imaging and the livescope shows me guaranteed bass at a distance, I'll stick with humminbird

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/23/18 04:45 PM

Ok, this is the feedback that I’m looking for here. Do bass show up on it well in deeper water, especially when tight to structure?

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/23/18 08:34 PM

roflmao
Already a pizzing match and hardly anyone has been anywhere near one yet. Hitch a ride with someone that says theirs can do the same thing, tx2, and then we can set up a date and let you decide for yourself.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/23/18 08:44 PM

roflmao
Already a pizzing match and hardly anyone has been anywhere near one yet. Hitch a ride with someone that says theirs can do the same thing, tx2, and then we can set up a date and let you decide for yourself.

Ordered mine this afternoon. Hopefully I’ll have some useful feedback for prospective buyers here soon.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/24/18 01:09 AM

I fished With Alton jones, and saw his pan optix and Hummingbird 360 isn’t even on the same planet. I had Dual 12’s mega with 360 and it’s no where close to pan optix.

On the flip side, Garmins side scan is nowhere near Hummingbird mega

You have to be trained to see what your looking at. He obviously looks at them much more. Best way I can describe it is like 2D video game fishing that we can all do but 30’ in front of the boat
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/24/18 10:34 AM

#gamechanger
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/24/18 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: John175®
#gamechanger

Yep! Should be able to win some derbies while slamming slaunches with this new tech!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/24/18 01:09 PM

Somebody should ask Randy Flowers about it...
Posted By: ring fry

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/24/18 01:10 PM

roflmao

If any of y'all are ever in SE Kansas or somewhere near the area I would be happy to meet and take you out for a couple hours. I've been using livescope for several months now and it keeps impressing me more every time I use it. I will also be in east Texas around Veteran's Day if anyone wants to hop on board and take a look see.

SE Kansas grass grower
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/24/18 01:54 PM

I live 2 hours away. I’d like to take a look If your ever At table rock

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/24/18 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
[quote=coachallentca][quote=rj74955][quote=tx2va07] [quote=Jeff From Iowa]Until users post video or pictures nobody really knows how well it works... 360 views dont look like all the advertisement pictures do.

Agreed that garmin mapping is lacking on some lake. If its a max def lake it's good but if not a max def max then it sucks.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/25/18 12:18 AM

Where will we draw the line....
Posted By: BigLeslie

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/25/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: criglizard

So I take it you fish with a cane pole and a safety pin?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/25/18 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BigLeslie
Originally Posted By: criglizard

So I take it you fish with a cane pole and a safety pin?

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/25/18 07:04 AM

Still gotta catch em. I’m kinda worried this new Livescope will just reaffirm how bad I suck! roflmao
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/25/18 08:22 AM

Still gotta catch em. I’m kinda worried this new Livescope will just reaffirm how bad I suck! roflmao

Amen to that. I can't tell you how many times that I didn't need a fish finder to find the fish. I could see them with my eyes and still could not make them bite. Really makes you leave feeling like you really suck and should just give up on fishing.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/25/18 11:24 AM

A Garmin Rep is scheduled to be at Cabelas (Ft. Worth) on Friday, 8/3, doing a demo in the aquarium. 10 am-4 pm.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: P_102
A Garmin Rep is scheduled to be at Cabelas (Ft. Worth) on Friday, 8/3, doing a demo in the aquarium. 10 am-4 pm.

I was at the FW Cabelas last weekend and a guy in boat sales told me they were going to set one up in the aquarium and leave it running for a couple weeks so folks could watch it work. That would be cool to see what's on screen and at the same time see what's actually swimming by the transducer.
Posted By: squib

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
Originally Posted By: John175®
#gamechanger

Yep! Should be able to win some derbies while slamming slaunches with this new tech!

G G G G G G G Giant Bass.....
Posted By: BlueSkeeter13

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 06:23 PM

If you are interested in Panoptix, you should search for some Scott Martin videos on YouTube. He is constantly using his and often shows the camera what his screen looks like. I have seen him several times say that he can see a bass moving toward his bait right before he gets bit. If I was in the market for a new graph, Garmin would be at the top of my list.
Posted By: Matt Jackson

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 07:04 PM

I will tell you how panoptix has worked for us. Yes you can see fish moving chasing bait etc. I like to head to a waypoint kill the big motor then troll up to the waypoint and find the brush pile immediately without ideling over it several times and dropping a marker. The brush pile is left undesterbed and ready for the pickings.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt Jackson
I will tell you how panoptix has worked for us. Yes you can see fish moving chasing bait etc. I like to head to a waypoint kill the big motor then troll up to the waypoint and find the brush pile immediately without ideling over it several times and dropping a marker. The brush pile is left undesterbed and ready for the pickings.

Thats the same as using a current model 360.

Can you count the fish around in and around the brush pile??? Thats the advertisement...
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 07:11 PM

The worst thing about it would be casting to the fish, and watching them ignore your bait.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 07:13 PM

Can you count the fish around in and around the brush pile??? Thats the advertisement...

Sounds like he’s talking about the regular Panoptix, not Livescope. There seems to be a lot of confusion and misinterpreting which models people are talking about during these discussions.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/26/18 11:35 PM

Sounds like he’s talking about the regular Panoptix, not Livescope. There seems to be a lot of confusion and misinterpreting which models people are talking about during these discussions.

Even if he’s talking about pan optix which he is, humming bird 360 is nowhere near the same. I’ve had 360, and like I said After using Alton’s pan optix there’s no comparison. Pan optix is instantaneous, where that head of troller points is where it’s reading.

Hummingbird 360 was extremely slow in acquiring compared to it.

Hummingbird 360: getting a reading is like windows 98 computer starting up
Pan optix: like whatever windows they came out with tomorrow

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/27/18 10:47 PM

PanOptix is the $600 - $900+ TR 21 (Discontinued) TR22 - TR30 Transducer for most of the EchoMap and GPSMap Displays - Start at $699 for the 7" Chirp CX-SX models and looks like 3-5 color pixels blobs, cool yeah until you see the latest LiveScope version.
LiveScope will NOT work on the EchoMap series unless it's the PLUS version so $899.00 and above...

PanOptix Livescan the ultimate High Def "Live Forward and Down - some realignment 3 clicks of the transducer on the T-Motor Shaft required if you just focus on down is $1,499.00 https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/591379
There's a reason so many are for sale everyone is upgrading to the latest it's sooo addicting.
No affiliation, I've just spent the last 2 months searching and researching options so i don't buy something that's end of life.

Hope this helps...
D.C.

Re: Garmin Livescope - 07/27/18 10:53 PM

Oh and you can run Side Scan Chirp, Downscan and Livescope all at the same time with 2 transducers, the LiveScope & Chirp SV DV etc.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum