Texas Fishing Forum

For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor...

Posted By: shotgunwilly

For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/20/18 09:01 PM

I'm curious how it went.

Did you purchase the boat from a dealer and had the work done through them? Take it to a different dealer?

Did you purchase a boat from an individual and take the motor in to a supporting dealer? (This is mainly what I'm interested in hearing about. Second owner experiences.) How easy/difficult was the process?

I ask because I've had trouble with getting warranty work done on vehicles when not returning to the original dealer.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/20/18 09:11 PM

2nd owner and carried it to a supporting dealer. (Sartin Marine) Was easy as could be every time I went/go in for anything.
It's a mfr warranty, not a dealer warranty so any authorized dealer should be able to handle a warranty claim. be it boats or cars. Any dealer that balks, you should not do business with.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/20/18 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckhunter
2nd owner and carried it to a supporting dealer. (Sartin Marine) Was easy as could be every time I went/go in for anything.
It's a mfr warranty, not a dealer warranty so any authorized dealer should be able to handle a warranty claim. be it boats or cars. Any dealer that balks, you should not do business with.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, I know it's a manufacturer warranty. Doesn't stop dealers from dodging it though. I agree.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/20/18 11:13 PM

Why would they its money for them?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/20/18 11:22 PM

The second owner thing can sometimes be a pain. My HPDI blew in the first year I had it. It still had five years of warranty. I took it to North Texas Marine in gainsville since they did a tune up on it a month earlier. They said they wouldn't fix it and Yamaha was not going to warranty it because of some over revs. Took it to Fun n Sun and they fixed it right up and has run great for the last 12 years.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/20/18 11:38 PM

Had my blown SHO rebuilt at Plano Marine,not who I bought it from. Very accommodating and great work. Their mechanic is a Yamaha expert and the motor came back better than new.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/21/18 01:16 AM

Bought used, blew motor at Falcon, dropped off at a highly recommended dealer on the way home, picked it up 2 weeks later with a new power head on the way back to Falcon. Mercury 250 proxs. Repair center dealt with warranty and such, I did have to send him a newly written bill of sale since I had never transferred it to my name.

No issues.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/21/18 08:04 PM

I bought my mercury used and just had the compressor changed under warranty at Rockwall Marine had zero problems and zero out of pocket!
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/22/18 11:30 AM

Bought mine 2 hours from the house because the local dealer didn't sell what I was looking for. Local dealer has done 2 warranty claims for me. Both were a breeze. Warranty work is gold to a dealer... Dan
Posted By: 9094

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/22/18 12:20 PM

Bought mine in another state. Out local dealer, Outdoor Specialties, has been great. Fixed all warranty stuff.
Posted By: toofy

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/22/18 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: 9094
Bought mine in another state. Out local dealer, Outdoor Specialties, has been great. Fixed all warranty stuff.

I agree completely on Outdoor Specialties in Eastland. Terry and his crew run a top notch shop with the best customer service I have experienced. Great communication and attention to detail. Had my G2 fixed under warranty with no issues. On an unrelated note, he also rigged my boat with electronics, TM, power poles, lithium batteries, etc, etc exactly how I wanted it done. I had a long list of custom rigging requests and he nailed every single one perfectly. He's an hour and a half from me but I gladly make the drive when needed even though Cabela's is closer.
Posted By: BigHead248

Re: For those of you that have had warranty work on a motor... - 07/22/18 08:07 PM

I’m the 2nd owner of a 2015 250 Pro XS and have had no issues. I’ve had 2 warranty repairs and both went smooth. I bought the boat from Diamond Motorsports in Yantis and they did one of the repairs. The other was done by Service Marine in Emory. I paid the warranty transfer fee and did all the paperwork with the dealer when I bought it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum