Texas Fishing Forum

Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help

Posted By: forkduc

Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/13/18 06:38 PM

Need one forJuly 27.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/13/18 07:00 PM

Hit up Mark Pack. The man's a wizard with Lowrance electronics and deep structure fishing.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/13/18 08:56 PM

Slade Doughtry (sp)
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/13/18 09:01 PM

Slade Dougherty will amaze you if you can get squeezed in somewhere with him. The problem is he stays booked at least 3 months out most of the time.
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/13/18 09:52 PM

I would call Paul Hyland here on the TFF. He not only helped me on what to purchase, but also helped me get it all dialed in. You will catch some fish and have a good time.

Good luck
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/13/18 11:02 PM

Lots of good guides on Fork that run Lowrance. One hour with Slade can get you headed the right direction.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/14/18 02:21 AM

If anyone has a quick trick for removing groups of waypoints (based on create date) let me know and I can help my friend here with something. For a Lowrance HDS Gen 3, the only procedure I know is:

1. downloading the data from the unit to a card
2. editing the .GPX file on a PC
3. resetting the unit to purge all data
4. uploading the edited file to the unit

He'll definitely need help on the fishing side if he wants to beat us this month! Heading out on Sunday to see if my areas for quality unders are still producing. woot
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/14/18 02:48 AM

Slade
Lance Vick
Mark Pack

Best 3 I know with Lowrance units.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Fork guide for 1/2 day / Lowrance help - 07/14/18 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
If anyone has a quick trick for removing groups of waypoints (based on create date) let me know and I can help my friend here with something. For a Lowrance HDS Gen 3, the only procedure I know is:

1. downloading the data from the unit to a card
2. editing the .GPX file on a PC
3. resetting the unit to purge all data
4. uploading the edited file to the unit

He'll definitely need help on the fishing side if he wants to beat us this month! Heading out on Sunday to see if my areas for quality unders are still producing. woot

David:
When you edit the .GPX, you can open it up as an XML on Excel, which will give you the ability to sort by date, and then delete the ones that meet your criteria. That may help you speed it up a little bit. Other than that, your process above is what I would do given your criteria.
Good luck and let me know if that works for you.
Tim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum