Texas Fishing Forum

Nocona Lake

Posted By: Mike Keenan

Nocona Lake - 07/12/18 03:34 PM

Anybody know anything about it?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/12/18 04:42 PM

It used to have some heads in it, probably still does, fished a tourney there a few years ago, went blind, started at ramp and fished towards the dam and the dam, had a great day.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/12/18 04:58 PM

It's been years but use to be a great little lake. Caught some good one's in the pockets across the lake from the JC's park at the south end.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/12/18 05:12 PM

Remember this post Mike? I was graphing Nocona. Didn't catch anything there however. Lot's of docks to flip...

2 sunken boats
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/12/18 06:15 PM

tourney there last weekend took 19 to win, I got a better picture of a sunken goat at Nocona if someone can post my pic. it is in 28 foot of water by the 3 fingers ramp.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/12/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225
tourney there last weekend took 19 to win, I got a better picture of a sunken goat at Nocona if someone can post my pic. it is in 28 foot of water by the 3 fingers ramp.

You have to really know how to read your electronics to be able to interpret a "sunken goat."

Sorry. Had to.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/12/18 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat
Remember this post Mike? I was graphing Nocona. Didn't catch anything there however. Lot's of docks to flip...

2 sunken boats

I didn’t realize that was Nocona... I do like flipping docks... it will be like fishing lake Kiowa
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/29/18 02:22 PM

Did you guys fish on Nocona yesterday? There were more boats than uaual at 6:30am.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/29/18 06:52 PM

Was out there last night, from 630-1130pm. Really tough. We had 3 boats out there, fun fishing. Between all 3 boats, we caught 5 bass total, only bites we could find were pitching docks. Wind was howling for the first few hours, but that's where the majority of the fish were. biggest was 4lbs.
Posted By: dandeeks

Re: Nocona Lake - 07/29/18 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dandeeks
Was out there last night, from 630-1130pm. Really tough. We had 3 boats out there, fun fishing. Between all 3 boats, we caught 5 bass total, only bites we could find were pitching docks. Wind was howling for the first few hours, but that's where the majority of the fish were. biggest was 4lbs.

The majority... of 5. LOL (half crying)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum