Texas Fishing Forum

ICAST ?

Posted By: reelfast

ICAST ? - 07/11/18 12:39 AM

When is it ? And where? Never been to one. Can anyone attend ? Got a bucket list and need some new entry’s !!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 12:52 AM

Right now
Posted By: GILLZ

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 12:56 AM

I agree it would be cool to attend, but I think it is limited to who can. General public not allowed. I think it is for manufacturers, distributors and vendors only.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: EJ3
I agree it would be cool to attend, but I think it is limited to who can. General public not allowed. I think it is for manufacturers, distributors and vendors only.

And those invited by said people.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 02:38 AM

Tomorrow through Friday. You can find previews on the Bassmaster and FLW webpages.
Posted By: 921ELITE Cranker

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 03:19 AM

Icast is not open to the public. Only media, dealers, buyers, and manufactures representatives
Posted By: Bassfishing_Skeeter

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 06:48 AM

I missed out this year cause of work but next year im going
Posted By: reelfast

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 04:24 PM

Where’s it at ?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: reelfast
Where’s it at ?

Orlando every July
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 04:54 PM

Orlando or Vegas. I think they alternate every year.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 05:35 PM

General public made it to ICAST....

https://fishingtackleretailer.com/googan-baits-brings-mobs-to-icast-2018/
Posted By: Chris G

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Love'em or hate'em you have to give these guys credit. They've turned an unwatchable product (to me) into what appears to be a fledgling little business. I still don't get it but most people say the same thing when I tell them I breed giraffe and other crazy animals for a living.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 06:52 PM

Good to see Robert keep pressing forward doing what he enjoys...
@Jake, I don’t think anyone hated just to hate on TFF. Some folks were rubbed the wrong way by Robert and unfortunately it didn’t help his cause when some of the antics were pulled on the water. It was a double edge sword though because it helped his cause more than anyone thought it would. Depending on how you handle a situation/controversy the Interweb can make or break you....
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 08:06 PM

Robert who?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 08:21 PM

Why are they outside and not inside?
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey

Why are they outside and not inside?

Originally Posted By: Z521C Cranker
Icast is not open to the public. Only media, dealers, buyers, and manufactures representatives

Outside, they can sell to Joe Blow, inside, not so much if what Brady says is correct..
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 08:56 PM

Yesterday was the "unofficial" opening day. The show officially started today. The show itself is not open to the public. Here are the show rules:

https://www.icastfishing.org/attendees/show-rules/
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 10:14 PM

Makes sense then.

Re: ICAST ? - 07/11/18 11:19 PM

Reports are that the crowd showing up yesterday for them was due to miscommunication but ICAST officials allowed those that showed aces to that booth. They stressed it's not open to public but made this exception.

Re: ICAST ? - 07/12/18 02:30 AM

Saw where Dave Mercer switched to Abu Garcia/Pure Fishing
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: ICAST ? - 07/12/18 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

If he's leaving Shimano, that is a huge mistake imo.... Money talks, mans gotta eat..
I've fished almost every reel made in the last 45+ years, nothing beats shimano day in day out.. Unbeatable... Buy one, you got it for life, they repair easily, if ever.
Posted By: kcb

Re: ICAST ? - 07/12/18 03:11 AM

Did you see Garcia's new reel? Should be the Revo Rocket Launcher. Has a 10:1 retrieve 😂
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: ICAST ? - 07/12/18 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

If he's leaving Shimano, that is a huge mistake imo.... Money talks, mans gotta eat..
I've fished almost every reel made in the last 45+ years, nothing beats shimano day in day out.. Unbeatable... Buy one, you got it for life, they repair easily, if ever.

Listening to a podcast, Shimano had a change in direction for their marketing department and that left Mercer/Zona out. Zona quickly joined the Daiwa team and it seems that Mercer has now landed at Abu Garcia
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: ICAST ? - 07/12/18 07:25 AM

I wouldn’t want to attend an I cast
Unless you have product to sell. it’s a promotional thing for for manufacturers. The good stuff will be for sale soon.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: ICAST ? - 07/12/18 07:29 AM

Example.
The Googans
Selling Googan baits
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: ICAST ? - 07/12/18 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

Although I agree with you 100% about the quality of Shimano Reels (it's all I fish) Most of those big time sponsor guys only use a bulk of their equipment for 1 season (boat,motors,rods,reels) Then hock it and buy all new stuff. So I don't think longevity is really their concern...lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum