Texas Fishing Forum

Super Flukes

Posted By: Blindshot54

Super Flukes - 07/08/18 05:28 PM

Hey any one throws these with any success?

Share a tactic , time of year type of cover or structure.

Thanks
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 05:33 PM

C-rig, now, deep structure
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 05:37 PM

TX rigged weightless... post spawn
Posted By: Taylored

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 06:00 PM

Tx rig 1/8 oz weighted hook, weightless, c_rig, heck I've even had them on a light shaky head. Post spawn to late fall. Shallow cover, schooling fish, docks, and many other applications. You can use as a jerk bait or barely twitch it on the bottom. It's an extremely versatile bait.
Posted By: Jake E

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 06:34 PM

Ive probably thrown a fluke more than any other bait it is one of my go-to's most times of the year bc of the extreme confidence i have in it and how versatile you can fish it. You can definitely catch fish on it using a C-rig, shaky head, weighted hook, drop shot, weightless. My favorite technique with it is weightless bc i can skip it extremely well on spinning rod and with the erratic look I can get a reaction bite on it on any clear to stained lake . you can catch fish all year but just use the most valid technique for where the fish are holding.
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 06:35 PM

Donkey rigged
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 06:36 PM

Any time of year, any type of structure, any type of cover.

Water depth and cover determine how it is rigged.

Use weightless in 1’, light weighted hooks in 10-15’ or more, T-Rig, C-Rig, or shake head anytime they are relating to bottom at any depth.

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 06:41 PM

Also fish it in any type of cover. it can be very deadly twitching the hell out of it then dead-sticking it underdocks on stickup and brush and in pockets in grass or grass lines. fish on widegap 4/0 weightless or with light weight.
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 06:51 PM

X2- Donkey Rig!
Posted By: TheFluke215

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 07:06 PM

I normally don’t throw a weightless fluke till water temp is 60 and up. I do throw it c rigged all year. 1 oz tungsten weight, 3’ leader and 4/0 ewg gamakatsu hook. Seems the only color I catch them on is watermelon red w/ chartreuse tail. Definitely resembles a small perch. Excellent bait, hence my username..

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 07:23 PM

I am referring to the large one only.

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 07:33 PM

the 7" magnum fluke? or the 5" super fluke?

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 07:41 PM

7 inch. Looking for bigger fish
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 07:48 PM

That would be the Magnum Fluke. You can use it the same as the super fluke just yes a larger hook.
One of my favorite techniques is to rig on a scrounger head, it will usually pick up a few more bites and will typically attract larger fish.

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 07:52 PM

Scrounge head? I will look it up.

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 08:07 PM

ya the magnum treat it just like a super fluke same techniques apply. you wont get as many bites but it will pull up the ones of better quality. ya I also agree with Danny on the scrounger. a fluke on a scrounger head is a productive technique right now.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Super Flukes - 07/08/18 11:56 PM

Biggest fish I had on my line all year was on the Mag Fluke at CB. I had just caught a 10.5 an hour before. The fish I lost on the Mag Fluke dwarfed that one. I had it rigged with a River A Tackle 1/16 oz Swanger weight on the belly of a 5/0 Jungle Offset Wide Gap Owner hook.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Super Flukes - 07/09/18 12:04 AM

Kinda looks like this:

I normally fish it weightless in water less than 6’ deep but this day the wind was blowing 30 mph and that little bit of weight did two things. First, it helped me feel the bait. Second, with the free-swinging weight on the belly of the hook it gives the bait and different action than having a weight on the nose of the bait or in a fixed position on the hook.

Re: Super Flukes - 07/09/18 02:25 AM

Lots of food for thought and stuff to try. Thanks guys!!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Super Flukes - 07/09/18 02:54 AM

Careful; throwing the magnum fluke is addicting.
Fish them a little slower and with less rod action than the regular size.
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Super Flukes - 07/09/18 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Blindshot54

Thanks

probably more fish caught on this soft plastic than any other and its probably not even close.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Super Flukes - 07/09/18 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: SkeeterEater

Thanks

probably more fish caught on this soft plastic than any other and its probably not even close.
Berkley Power Worms and Zoom Flukes thumb
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Super Flukes - 07/09/18 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: SkeeterEater

Thanks

Berkley Power Worms and Zoom Flukes thumb

Add baby brush hog to that list.
Posted By: Fish2222

Re: Super Flukes - 07/09/18 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: mossyback75
Donkey rigged

This.....for real!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum