Texas Fishing Forum

FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18

Posted By: Broken Braid Guide Service

FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18 - 07/07/18 06:32 PM

Falcon Lake

Well, well, well, yesterday we had some really good showers come thru the area and dump a ton of rain in some areas but I'm afraid they will be short lived. The lake is at 36.10 ft low and is on a very slow rise. On a good note, the State Park middle ramp is back in service, but the majority of us are still launching off the long point. The past 2 days I've spent 8 hours on the water and noticed our water temps are sitting around 87 degrees.

If someone told me I could only have 3 rods in the boat right now I'd have a crankbait, Texas rigged Ol Monster and a jig rod. The fishing has been decent, if you want to catch numbers you can get up shallow and throw rattle traps and squarebills in 2 to 6 ft of water and just wear them out at times and every once in a while you'll run across a good one up there too. But if you're looking for a Falcon giant I'd pull off in a little deeper water (up to 25 ft) find your favorite hump, rockpile, or underwater point and get to work. Oh and don't forget your favorite brushpile.

On a good 8hr trip we are catching 20 to 30 fish a day with 2 or 3 chances at really good fish 7lbs and up. Yesterday we had 1 short line a crankbait right at the boat that definitely would have made someone's replica list. She made 1 jump right out of net range and she was gone just as fast as she appeared. I hope some of this info will help. I still have open days in July/August if anyone is interested in booking a trip.

Tight lines and see ya'll on the water.

John Adami (361)562-4834
www.brokenbraid.com
john@brokenbraid.com

Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18 - 07/07/18 06:43 PM

Nice fish and a good report Mr. Adami. Thanks for sharing.

Re: FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18 - 07/07/18 06:57 PM

Yes sir. I'm going to try and get a weekly report up here from now on
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18 - 07/07/18 07:39 PM

Good report!
Posted By: skeeter17584

Re: FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18 - 07/08/18 11:24 AM

Once again "Fear the Beard!" Great report John!! See ya soon hoping you can save a few of those Hawgs for us!!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18 - 07/08/18 04:19 PM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job. cheers

Re: FALCON LAKE REPORT 7/7/18 - 07/09/18 03:53 AM

Thanks guys. See ya soon Steve
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum