Texas Fishing Forum

MDJ for the Win!

Posted By: texasangler07

MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 03:00 AM

Just want to give a shout out to Mark Daniels Jr. for pulling off the win this week in South Dakota. Met him once and truly believe it couldn't have happened to a better guy. If you haven't been following him, I suggest doing so. Check out the FLW Circuit Breaker series featuring him.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 03:06 AM

Seems like a solid dude. Great win for him
Posted By: RandyD

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 03:16 AM

Agree... great win for him, glad to see it!!... Very interesting tournament... sounds like a bunch of fish hadn't seen the likes of this kind of fishing before... looks like Pirch was on the winning fish and pattern if he had figured it out sooner... easy to say from an A number 1 "arm chair quarter back"! smile
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 03:17 AM

Glad to see him win, and that was fast. I enjoyed his circuit breaker series. Good man
Posted By: RandyD

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 03:42 AM

the leader board was dominated by the boys that run the electronics... "drop it down, watch the bait fall, watch the bass hit it, set the hook"... geez, sounds like a video game...
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 10:06 AM

I forget who it was on BassMaster live, might have been Bertrand and Lucas talking, but Pirch couldn’t fish that spot day 1 because he left his seat out of his boat, wind wouldn’t let him fish it standing up. Regardless, MD Jr. earned every inch, hard work and dedication pays off in every aspect of life!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 11:31 AM

Congrats to him. He seems like a great guy from what I've seen of him.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: RandyD
the leader board was dominated by the boys that run the electronics... "drop it down, watch the bait fall, watch the bass hit it, set the hook"... geez, sounds like a video game...

yeah, I agree... I heard numerous of guys say "that was the first fish I caught that I didn't see on the graph."
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 11:49 AM

Mark is a great guy. I got to know him since we both came up in the TBF. He is deserving & I’m super happy for him. He’s one of the few that left a good job to chase bass & succeeded.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/03/18 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: ETXfisher91
Originally Posted By: RandyD

yeah, I agree... I heard numerous of guys say "that was the first fish I caught that I didn't see on the graph."

Imagine its easier said then done. And more expensive then most are willing to pay.
Posted By: rscustomrods

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/04/18 04:54 PM

If it is a clear water finesse bite tourney, the west coast guys are going to be very competitive. I grew up in Texas, but have spent the last 22 years in Arizona. It made me a better fisherman. I know Clifford and Josh bertand personally. Josh started fishing tournies in AZ at 15. He is a stud. Clifford still fishes local stuff here with his wife from time to time and she is a stick too. Brett Hite can finesse with the best too, despite his reputation as the chatterbait expert.

Daniels is a Cali stud and a really good guy. Another name to watch if he can get rolling is Roy Hawk.

Tune in to the US Open this year on mead. You might see another new young gun rise to the top and launch his pro career.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: MDJ for the Win! - 07/04/18 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: James Biggs
Mark is a great guy. I got to know him since we both came up in the TBF. He is deserving & I’m super happy for him. He’s one of the few that left a good job to chase bass & succeeded.

He seems like a very humble guy from the videos I seen of him. Glad to see him win his first Elite event! That is no easy feat even with the high tech electronics available today. Congrats to him!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum