Texas Fishing Forum

The Ultimate Umbrella Rig

Posted By: Huckleberry

The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 02:37 PM

Used it this weekend .... huge difference and didn't get in the way of fishing. Wind was around 3 -5 mph, when you want to give the trolling motor a break, just tilt the umbrella ... grin

Posted By: TexasTechBassAngler

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 02:40 PM

Not exactly what I was expecting roflmao
Posted By: J-SPENCER

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 03:01 PM

That's pretty sweet
Posted By: the skipper

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 03:04 PM

Let's see some close ups. Actually looks pretty nice for these summer days

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper

I used three hose clamps and secured it to a seat pedestal pole. Umbrella pole is unmodified, it's two piece, got it from WalMart for $35, has a crank and tilt. Fits in the rod locker, less than a minute to set it up.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 03:14 PM

LOL... We have 2 of those, 1 front 1back... They do make difference in the right conditions.. cheers
Posted By: the skipper

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry
Originally Posted By: the skipper

I used three hose clamps and secured it to a seat pedestal pole. Umbrella pole is unmodified, it's two piece, got it from WalMart for $35, has a crank and tilt. Fits in the rod locker, less than a minute to set it up.

Thanks.
Posted By: Thunderga

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/02/18 11:12 PM

HA I was just looking yesterday on Amazon for something like this. Thanks! NOw I know what ill be doing x2
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/03/18 01:19 AM

Used it this weekend .... huge difference and didn't get in the way of fishing. Wind was around 3 -5 mph, when you want to give the trolling motor a break, just tilt the umbrella ... grin

bow_down

3-5 mph winds?

It is never lower than 15 around here and most of the time 20+ so will it hold up then? hmmm
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/03/18 01:31 AM

This time of year I don't stay in one spot long enough to put the thing up. If I don't get a bite in 10-12 minutes I'm gone. Now if I was crappie fishing that thing would work.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/03/18 01:50 PM

Uh....a big NO

Re: The Ultimate Umbrella Rig - 07/03/18 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Uh....a big NO

In my younger days when I was worried about my image no, but I'm older now and don't give a chit what anybody thinks, now I'm just cool literally grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum