Texas Fishing Forum

Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors

Posted By: JacksonBean

Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 02:06 PM

It looks like Rayburn just topped the top lakes in the country. Not surprising given those tourney weights. Has this already been discussed and I missed it?

It's a great little write up in the magazine if you haven't read it going over the accolades from this past year.

J
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 02:12 PM

Toledo Bend has to be second, same reason.
Posted By: wyatt c

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 02:14 PM

I hate those rankings so much
Posted By: buda13

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 02:24 PM

Ahhh yes, the annual Bassmaster lake killer list.... Mille Lacs has had the bejesus beat out of it over the last year , time to send everyone back down south and see if they can kill Rayburn.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 03:07 PM

Wish they would quit that stupid list. Its responsible for the death of many lakes
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
Ahhh yes, the annual Bassmaster lake killer list.... Mille Lacs has had the bejesus beat out of it over the last year , time to send everyone back down south and see if they can kill Rayburn.

Yeah...

bang
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 04:06 PM

I think White Rock was on the list this year too!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: the skipper
Wish they would quit that stupid list. Its responsible for the death of many lakes

X1000. Stupidest thing they have ever came up with.

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I think White Rock was on the list this year too!

As it turns out, a million gallons of raw sewage makes everything grow bigger! sick
Posted By: Jigaholic

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 06:13 PM

I really hate to hear that.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 08:06 PM

Can't kill Rayburn. Locals know it's the most pressured tournament lake in the country and has been for a long time. Toledo isn't what it was a few years ago but it had nothing to do with bassmaster rankings
Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 08:25 PM

Where did you see this info?

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/02/18 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Outlaw Outdoors
Where did you see this info?

It's on the cover of Bassmaster magazine.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 12:09 PM

The latest Bassmaster magazine had the list in it. Rayburn was #1 overall. Toledo Bend came in #4 in the Central Region. Conroe was #6. LOP was #8. Palestine was #12. Caddo #17. Fork was #25. These are just the ones that were closer to me in west La that I paid attention too.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 12:14 PM

Ray Roberts was on there as well.

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 12:40 PM

Toledo 4 and fork 25 tells you all you need to know about that list
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 12:50 PM

I haven't seen my next issue of Bassmaster yet but I'm hoping this will take some pressure off of Fork.

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 01:27 PM

Just saw it on the Bassmaster home page.

Bassmaster Top Lakes
Posted By: TexanTiger

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 01:28 PM

Conroe at 6??? am I missing something?
Posted By: 67TexasTBend

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: TexanTiger
Conroe at 6??? am I missing something?

You and me both! who_knows
Posted By: saibling

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 02:09 PM

Sam Rayburn has been my home lake since 1998. Its amazing how full boat ramps are Monday through Friday with weekly major and club tournaments. since the 98 LMBV decimated the bass population Sam Rayburn continues improving.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 03:44 PM

Saw the list finally, looks like several lakes from Texas made the list. I'm just glad none of the lakes at home in Louisiana made the list. Those lakes get a lot of catch and eat pressure just because of the generally weak economy that exist in that state. Some lakes do need a few removed there.....
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 03:44 PM

Bawahahaha Caddo, Ray Roberts, Texoma, Palestine, and Pines rank higher than Fork.

I'd fish a half day on Fork and take my best 5 against a full day on any of these lakes. Go back and look at the weights when they had the Texas Fest on Fork.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 03:53 PM

What a Joke... yawn
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 04:09 PM

RIP angel
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Toledo 4 and fork 25 tells you all you need to know about that list

And Roberts listed higher in the ranking than Fork.
Posted By: tm33

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 05:17 PM

Conroe over Fork
Give me some of what they are drinking.

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes
Bawahahaha Caddo, Ray Roberts, Texoma, Palestine, and Pines rank higher than Fork.

I'd fish a half day on Fork and take my best 5 against a full day on any of these lakes. Go back and look at the weights when they had the Texas Fest on Fork.

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but for your best 5- "keepers" or just "catches within a slot that would eliminate them from consideration legally"?!?! They can only report "legit" weights not what you can catch in a slot and release but use in a special tourney! If you are catching 5 overs each time out holy batman balls that's incredible!!!!!

Caddo and Pines have both kicked out numerous bags over 25lbs this year. And that's with Caddo having a slot as well. They go by what is reported that's all I know. Heck we have local lakes here in La with better weights this year than Caddo but they don't get big tourneys so it doesn't get reported.
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 08:24 PM

Honestly you should consider it a blessing. And yes, RR being that high is definitely a joke.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 08:51 PM

The author is planning a trip to Fork in March

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: bassmanrudy

Not trying to be a smart a$$ but for your best 5- "keepers" or just "catches within a slot that would eliminate them from consideration legally"?!?! They can only report "legit" weights not what you can catch in a slot and release but use in a special tourney! If you are catching 5 overs each time out holy batman balls that's incredible!!!!!

Caddo and Pines have both kicked out numerous bags over 25lbs this year. And that's with Caddo having a slot as well. They go by what is reported that's all I know. Heck we have local lakes here in La with better weights this year than Caddo but they don't get big tourneys so it doesn't get reported.

I would think the fishing is what the author is talking about. Slot or no slot a 7 lber is a 7 lber.

You guys can take this list for what it's worth, but the fisherman on this site that have fished these lakes will make their own judgement. I was merely talking about the rank and the author.

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 09:44 PM

Why would I want to consider it a blessing..... myself and all the other guides make money when people come to the lake. We've been fishing the lake for years with pressure and catching them. Why change now.

Maybe it's that the other lakes don't produce like Fork, Rayburn, or Toledo when it gets pressure

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/03/18 10:18 PM

Fork is set up perfect to receive high amounts of pressure. The vast majority of the fish are protected unlike Rayburn and Toledo where thousands and thousands of fish including big fish get the knife or die from tournaments. It's pretty amazing what Rayburn puts out
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/04/18 01:11 PM

Seriously!
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/04/18 05:42 PM

Belton ahead of Fork? Lol
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/06/18 12:56 AM

That’s exactly what will happen
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Rayburn takes BASSMASTER top honors - 07/06/18 01:01 AM

Don’t count they are slots. Come down to a real pond and see what you got.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum