Texas Fishing Forum

Making first trip to Texoma

Posted By: Ripinlip

Making first trip to Texoma - 06/25/18 05:35 PM

Is the lake safe to run or is there any boating hazards? Planned on putting in at Cedar Mills ramp. Any help on pattern for the summer bass? I know it’s a big lake and would like to be able to key in on something any help would be appreciated
Posted By: John A.

Re: Making first trip to Texoma - 06/25/18 05:47 PM

Very few boating hazards. Be careful running into the big mineral arm. There is a long point that runs way out but it is marked.

Other than that, it is safe. I'm no help with fishing patterns. Sorry.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Making first trip to Texoma - 06/25/18 05:54 PM

I was out for a few hours yesterday, didn’t get anything in the boat. I had a few bites on docks, but they just didn’t seem to be holding it long enough. I did get there later in the morning and left early afternoon, so my timing was off anyway. There is a ton of bait everywhere around Eisenhower (backs of creeks, secondary points, Marina docks). I assume that has them spread way out. Water temps were cooler than I expected...

The big hazards for navigation are the wind, and the big boats! Always be on the lookout for rogue wakes.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Making first trip to Texoma - 06/26/18 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Ripinlip
Is the lake safe to run or is there any boating hazards? Planned on putting in at Cedar Mills ramp. Any help on pattern for the summer bass? I know it’s a big lake and would like to be able to key in on something any help would be appreciated

Try the tire reefs and the rip rap jetties right there at Cedar Mills
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Making first trip to Texoma - 06/26/18 01:46 AM

You probably won’t run this far north, but the Roosevelt bridge is closed to boating traffic right now, due to a semi going into the lake.

Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: Making first trip to Texoma - 07/02/18 12:39 PM

Plan on going on Wednesday thanks for all the help guys
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum