Texas Fishing Forum

Ordering gear......

Posted By: Fish2222

Ordering gear...... - 06/22/18 02:23 AM

Have you guys used the Wish App to order any gear.

I've ordered rod socks....braid....and some hook keepers.

I'll let ya know when they arrive from China.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ordering gear...... - 06/22/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish2222

Be careful Fish, couple of folks on here will hammer ya for buying from China. I ordered a Whopper Plopper from Alibaba, took a couple of weeks but turned out good and was 1/2 price. Mainly just wanted to see if it was worth it. Guess it was ok but prolly won't do it again. I think we would all be shocked at the mark up of the stuff we buy at BPS, Academy, Walmart, Tackle Warehouse, etc. and 90% of it comes from other country's.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Ordering gear...... - 06/22/18 07:33 PM

I have a buddy that regularly orders from Wish and even though it sometimes takes several weeks for him to get it, it's always worth his while.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Ordering gear...... - 06/22/18 07:46 PM

I buy from Tackle Warehouse or local like Southwest Parts, etc.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Ordering gear...... - 06/22/18 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Originally Posted By: Fish2222

Be careful Fish, couple of folks on here will hammer ya for buying from China. I ordered a Whopper Plopper from Alibaba, took a couple of weeks but turned out good and was 1/2 price. Mainly just wanted to see if it was worth it. Guess it was ok but prolly won't do it again. I think we would all be shocked at the mark up of the stuff we buy at BPS, Academy, Walmart, Tackle Warehouse, etc. and 90% of it comes from other country's.

The retailers mark up on brand name stuff is about 35%. It is around 65% on their private brand import stuff.
But on their private brand stuff have no manufacturer backing so they have to eat any returns.
The only reason I don’t use the China sites is I don’t like to wait that long for my stuff.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum