Texas Fishing Forum

Seguar InvisX

Posted By: Derick Maschmeier

Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 11:45 AM

I ordered a 1000yd spool from TWH this week. When I got it I immediately noticed the line was not level wound like it has always been sense I have been using it (5+ years). Has this changed or should I send it back?
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 11:48 AM

It’s changed. Seaguar is no longer level spooling.
Posted By: Derick Maschmeier

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 11:50 AM

Thanks
Posted By: 361V

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 12:26 PM

Has anyone actually noticed any performance/quality differences caused by the "non-level spooling"? Or just the visual packaging difference?
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 12:41 PM

The line now makes a weird sound now plus I’ve noticed it’s not near as soft like before.
Posted By: greenen

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 12:57 PM

Well all that sux.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 01:05 PM

What is level spooling,..? and is that important, who_knows
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 01:22 PM

Jeez how many of these posts do we get a week now. Nope your good. Perfectly fine line that you ordered from a reputable dealer.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 01:29 PM

Hook to a fence and stretch about 50 yards, spray with KVD
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 01:30 PM

And,there is a separate line forum!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 01:38 PM

So is this line counterfeit? peep

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 01:47 PM

popcorn
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 02:54 PM

You can feel the line with your hand and feel a difference. I don't know how there couldn't be a difference in it. I wish they still level wound all of their line.

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 02:56 PM

I agree with this!
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Seguar InvisX - 06/21/18 04:05 PM

Pretty cheap to order bulk from the WalMarx
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Seguar InvisX - 07/01/18 02:11 AM

Any update on this?
I also have a new 1000 spool from twh
Went out today and broke off more times than I can count..
Spooled another rod with an old 200 box of invisx that has been in the boat for close to a yr instantly felt better.. smoother to cast the strength is there when pulling in a branch also lol
The new spool looks to be bleached like it been in the sun and also feels like it is very dry and brittle..
I ordered two spools and both feel crummy...

Thinking about ordering some sunline to try 😵
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Seguar InvisX - 07/01/18 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: b00stin4
Any update on this?
Spooled another rod with an old 200 box of invisx that has been in the boat for close to a yr instantly felt better.. smoother to cast the strength is there when pulling in a branch also lol
The new spool looks to be bleached like it been in the sun and also feels like it is very dry and brittle..

Invizx is 100% fluorocarbon so exposure to sunlight resulting in bleaching and drying out . . . leading to brittle line shouldn't be an issue. If it were a nylon monofilament line, then it certainly could happen.

I know EBay and some other sites are often cited as having sellers of counterfeit items, wrist watches come to mind, but has anyone ever determined that anyone is selling an inferior fishing line wound up on a legitimate, say, Invizx spool and package? I guess it could happen, but does it?

Brad
Posted By: b00stin4

Re: Seguar InvisX - 07/05/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
Originally Posted By: b00stin4
Any update on this?

Invizx is 100% fluorocarbon so exposure to sunlight resulting in bleaching and drying out . . . leading to brittle line shouldn't be an issue. If it were a nylon monofilament line, then it certainly could happen.

I know EBay and some other sites are often cited as having sellers of counterfeit items, wrist watches come to mind, but has anyone ever determined that anyone is selling an inferior fishing line wound up on a legitimate, say, Invizx spool and package? I guess it could happen, but does it?

Brad

Possible.. but I assume with the volume tackle warehouse does that are direct with seaguar and that should not be an issue..
But just an assumption if they are getting from another supplier than anything can happen

Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Seguar InvisX - 07/05/18 03:21 AM

just went to seaguar website to order a spool of redlabel 20# 1000yds. they wanted $31 to ship it to me... BWWAHHHAHAHAHAHA! no thanks! what a joke
Posted By: dr14

Re: Seguar InvisX - 07/05/18 01:32 PM

You might send Seaguar a sample and see what they say.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum