Texas Fishing Forum

reel repair in the Austin area

Posted By: fivebites

reel repair in the Austin area - 06/19/18 09:29 PM

Gotta couple ol Curado 200 B greenies I need some work on. Anyone?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/19/18 09:35 PM

Have you joined Keep Austin Fishing on FaceBook? If not, I highly recommend you do! The reason I ask that is because Beau Reed, the guy that runs the group, has a reel repair service and is very good. I believe the his companies' name is Poppa Chops Reel Service. Something along those lines.

Other than that, that's about it. I think there might be one more in Austin but he/she doesn't get near the business Beau does. And he has quick turn around.

I send mine to a guy named Matt, here in San Antonio. If for some reason Beau can't take care of you, I'd be glad to send you Matt's info.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/19/18 09:50 PM

Theres a guy in Copperas Cove listed in rods and reels section.
Steve O's Reel Service
I've used him and have been very pleased with his work.
Posted By: Hookem

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/19/18 09:58 PM

contact Corey (Shimano-man )
centexreels@sbcglobal.net

Jensen's on Parmer does service as well.

Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/19/18 10:43 PM

I just had a couple done by Nate Smith, he worked for Shimano for a number of years, had enough of California so they moved! He is the guy in the Youtube videos showing basic real maintenance on older reels from Shimano.

Here is his contact info.

Hill Country Reel and Rod Repair
201 Polo Pony
Liberty Hill, TX 78642
(512) 548-5101
www.hillcountryreelrepair.com
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/20/18 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: forkduc
Theres a guy in Copperas Cove listed in rods and reels section.
Steve O's Reel Service
I've used him and have been very pleased with his work.

Same here.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/20/18 03:57 AM

Excellent! Thanks all of you! Help me out on crazy Lake Travis one of these days! I'll never go out on a Sunday again! Almost swamped several times...yikes!
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/20/18 04:25 PM

Another thumbs up for Beau "Papa Chops" Reed. A good guy I've known about 10 years, and he knows his stuff. His number is 512-2 nine 4-3 one 55. I talked to him a few minutes ago, he just repaired and cleaned/lubed a couple Citicas of mine.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: reel repair in the Austin area - 06/20/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: fivebites
Excellent! Thanks all of you! Help me out on crazy Lake Travis one of these days! I'll never go out on a Sunday again! Almost swamped several times...yikes!

Yeah, it's not a good idea to go out there on a weekend during the Summer. Haha. It'll wear you out quickly.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum