Texas Fishing Forum

Follow the contour problem

Posted By: stapler101

Follow the contour problem - 06/18/18 11:12 PM

Is anyone using follow the contour on a helix 12 mega si with an Ultrex?
I can't get it to work. Ipilot is connected. I have midsouth states v 2.0 Lakemaster ( box says ipilot link compatible).
If it is working for you, which card are you using?
I had an 1199 hd si until yesterday and could not get it to work either.
I was on the water and on the phone for well over an hour with both minn Kota and humminbird technicians. They could not figure it out.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Follow the contour problem - 06/18/18 11:40 PM

Do you have the depth highlighted on the graph?
Posted By: franchi

Re: Follow the contour problem - 06/19/18 12:14 AM

Move your cursor away from the boat location before you select the go to / follow the contour
Posted By: squib

Re: Follow the contour problem - 06/19/18 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: franchi
Move your cursor away from the boat location before you select the go to / follow the contour

Yep. The option won’t come up on the screen unless you do this first.
Posted By: stapler101

Re: Follow the contour problem - 06/19/18 01:27 PM

I enlarged the screen to max to make the contours large. I freeze the screen, move to a contour line close to the boat (it was showing from 25-70 feet). and click "go to". I get several options like circle, mark location, etc but no "follow the contour".
on the 1199, before I installed the helix 12, the techs were walking me step by step while they did the same thing on their unit.
My last thought is that I need a newer version card.
Also, I had an 898 c si paired with the 1199. The card was in the 1199. Would I need a card in both units for it to work?
Posted By: squib

Re: Follow the contour problem - 06/19/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: stapler101
I enlarged the screen to max to make the contours large. I freeze the screen, move to a contour line close to the boat (it was showing from 25-70 feet). and click "go to". I get several options like circle, mark location, etc but no "follow the contour".
on the 1199, before I installed the helix 12, the techs were walking me step by step while they did the same thing on their unit.
My last thought is that I need a newer version card.
Also, I had an 898 c si paired with the 1199. The card was in the 1199. Would I need a card in both units for it to work?

Did you try it without "freezing the screen?" I never freeze mine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum