Texas Fishing Forum

Did someone go missing on Joe Pool?

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/18/18 06:17 PM

I saw the game warden out, G.P.P.D was in their boat and saw a lot of vehicles on the dam stopped. Later a helicopter was hovering really low and searching the bank. I assumed that someone was missing from Sunday.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/19/18 12:28 AM

We were at the swimming beach and when we left drove down to the boat ramps at Lynn Creek park and there was an ambulance with a small boat trailer and a fire truck along with a search and rescue vehicle. I did a quick search on facebook and found where a man that went out fishing yesterday for Father's day was missing. They found his boat with keys in ignition and radio going but he was nowhere to be found. All I have found so far.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/19/18 10:37 PM

Authorities where all over the place today. There is a man who has drowned but he has not been recovered.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/searchers-look-for-missing-man-in-joe-pool-lake

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/19/18 11:20 PM

It said he was missing since Monday morning. I was out there around 8AM and they were already all over the place. They got notified early and started the search quick then.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/20/18 04:03 AM

Was out at 10:30 and both the fire and police were on the lake inside the area of the marina. Surprised as I never see the police out on that lake. Prayers for the family. I'd of stayed off the lake if I knew and let the police do what they need to do. Awful.
Posted By: GPBassCat

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/21/18 10:24 PM

Body was recovered today.

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/22/18 12:04 AM

just saw the report. Seems a 57 year old jumped into the water from his boat to cool off and never surfaced. Wasn't wearing a life jacket. Was in 40' of water.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/22/18 01:54 PM

Sad situation, I haven't seen any updates on the news. I always wonder how that happens, people jump in a lake and never re-surface.

I saw an abandoned old boat on the west bank just south of the dam a week or two ago, and thought that was strange also.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Did someone go missing on Joe Pool? - 06/22/18 01:59 PM

How do they know all of this if he was alone? Did someone see this happen?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum