Texas Fishing Forum

Time to ban bassboats...

Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 08:36 PM

Heres a good laugh. This guy is an idiot.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/opinio...ways/698791002/
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 08:46 PM

pollo flush
Posted By: BTwrestle04

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 08:53 PM

Can he direct me towards where I can purchase a "$62,795, 21-foot, 350 horsepower, 100 mph boat"?
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 08:56 PM

This guy will just find something else to carp about. I bet he sits on his porch and yells "Get Off My Yard".
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:02 PM

roflmao
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:05 PM

we need background checks.....
assault boats should be banned...
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:09 PM

If you are going to write a critical article about bassboats, you should at the very least be accurate. He is a moron writing about something he knows nothing about.
Posted By: lucky55

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:10 PM

roflmao
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:11 PM

I feel so sorry for this poor man.

Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:20 PM

Agreed! Now that I have my 21ft with 250 they need to stop selling them to others. Hehe
Posted By: LunkerXpress

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:21 PM

I'd give him more credibility if any of his facial hair touched.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:23 PM

If he thinks bass boats are annoying he needs to be on a river when and air-boat tournament is going on, bass boats are whisper quiet compared to those things.
Posted By: KingChamp202

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:36 PM

He probably drives a Harley on the weekends, and a Hell Cat to work. Then complains about things that he doesn't agree with online. I remember jet boats on Conroe in the 80s, when we grew up. I loved the noise, and the rooster tales! But I allways hated the quiet ppl on the shoreline that left all there trash behind for the boaters to have to lookat! Maybe we should vote there rights away.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:37 PM

Gotta love it! Typical liberal cry baby, spewing hate and discontent about something he knows nothing about! Apparently there are no wake boats in their area riding around blasting T-Pain (or who the hell ever) and making 4' rollers!?!
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:49 PM

loco rolleyes roflmao

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 09:52 PM

Do a google search of this fella if you care too, i'll let y'all form your own opinion!
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 10:00 PM

They need to get him back on his meds.

The Forest Wood Cup winner is looking for the rest of his money. He didn't know he won a million out of a 21 footer with a 350 that goes 100.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 11:03 PM

I'd like to see an armada of 500 21' boats with 350s capable of running 100mph on any lake. It's ok to have an opinion but don't try to sway everyone to your side by lying. Heck, my bass boat only does over 45 mph when it is on the trailer being pulled down the highway.
Posted By: elkhartdom

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/16/18 11:33 PM

what a maroon
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 01:21 AM

What about Jet Skis ?
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 01:55 AM

Does he write for CNN or MSNBC, same kind of exaggerated nonsense you here on there. This guy is noted more than an over dramatic clown, clueless, brain dead moron that is dumber than a box full of hammers.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 02:19 AM

Another cry baby.
Posted By: WackySenko

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 02:55 AM

Someone find this dudes social media lol. You know he's got something. Half this article or better is a flat out lie.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 02:56 AM

Was that his attempt at irony? Opinions are like rear ends. Every one has one, but some people really like to show you theirs.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 03:00 AM

popcorn2
Posted By: WackySenko

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeFriday
Was that his attempt at irony? Opinions are like rear ends. Every one has one, but some people really like to show you theirs.

I thought it may have been a satirical article meant to make some kind of point. Which in fairness may have had a couple valid points if it didn't just come across as ignorance.
Posted By: Flooringit

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 05:20 AM

So only bass boats are loud ? The wake board boats with speakers everywhere are quiet now?

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: WackySenko
Someone find this dudes social media lol. You know he's got something. Half this article or better is a flat out lie.

I tried yesterday, no luck! He's was a professor at MSU, now he's at OTC (Ozarks Technical College)
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Stickchunker

I tried yesterday, no luck! He's was a professor at MSU, now he's at OTC (Ozarks Technical College)

Not surprised.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishspanker

Not surprised.

Plus #1. 85 per cent of all College Professors think just like him! Liberal thinking at it's best! hammer
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 01:43 PM

Kind of reminded me of all of the "good" folks who, when out on a beach for a day, objected to surf fisherman in four wheel drive trucks moving along the sand highway to their preferred fishing spots.

These good folks become fanatical every time a Democrat gets elected as president. Then the fight is on to keep the beaches open for everyone
until the next Republican president is elected.

This cycle has been going on since Carter got into office.

But even though the idiot greatly exaggerated the facts the people that read his article only have what he wrote. There has to been a opposing opinion written by the responsible opponent to show the facts for the other side. Much like we have going on with the second amendment debate.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 01:53 PM

Professor....that explains it. Seems nowadays they are all out of their mind.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 02:33 PM

He forgot to mention their thousand watt stereos blasting out a million decibels of acid rock.
Posted By: Stikslinger

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 02:48 PM

Typical moron. Believes he is smart and accurate. You can’t fix stupid. He needs to remember that with out the sale of fishing licenses (mostly to bass boat owners), taxes from the sale of tackle and supplies (mostly by bass fisherman) his nice afternoon of shoreline fishing will be over due no funding for the parks.
Liberals will always walk around with blinders on.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

Not surprised.

Plus #1. 85 per cent of all College Professors think just like him! Liberal thinking at it's best! hammer

And that is the scary part. Most of the news media are liberal tree-huggers just like this guy. They have the biggest platform to reach the masses.

Makes me sick at my stomach that we pay these folks to "teach" our kids in college. I have two boys in college and one on the way next year. They have already been influenced by the mostly liberal teachers at their high school now they are subjected to this propaganda in college. realmad
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 04:28 PM

Sounds just like the idiots trying to make new gun laws. Spew a bunch of BS to people uneducated on the subject and they drink it up.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 04:40 PM

He's using his status as a Vietnam vet to promote his liberal and antiquated ideas and unfortunately in today's political climate these kids will fall for it hook, line and sinker. I guess in this instance hook. line and sinker would be considered a euphemism. Chances are he brought a lot of bitterness back with him from Vietnam but his status as a vet doesn't qualify as an expert on bass boats and tournament anglers. Probably can't even spell Whopper Plopper much less cast one.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 04:46 PM

Not to mention the amount of money pumped into the local economy. The anglers need a place to sleep, eat, get fuel for boats and vehicles, and so much more. This guy doesn't get the overall picture.
Posted By: Stroker XS

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 05:06 PM

What a goob!!

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
He's using his status as a Vietnam vet to promote his liberal and antiquated ideas and unfortunately in today's political climate these kids will fall for it hook, line and sinker. I guess in this instance hook. line and sinker would be considered a euphemism. Chances are he brought a lot of bitterness back with him from Vietnam but his status as a vet doesn't qualify as an expert on bass boats and tournament anglers. Probably can't even spell Whopper Plopper much less cast one.

Thank You GIG'EM for bringing this up!
I tried all afternoon yesterday to figure out to say the same thing, but i couldn't figure out how to say it so nicely! My Daddy is a Vietnam veteran, and made it through the '68 Tet Offensive, guys like this dude really PiZZ me off trying to utilize their status as a veteran to push their agenda on others! I couldn't think of anything nice to say yesterday, hence the reason i made the post about doing a google search of him!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 07:53 PM

Must have had his manhood cut off and a pocket put there to replace it....
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 08:14 PM

What a true Liberal Idiot. He complains about the noise and boat wakes from 60,000 bass boats but is ok with the noise and boat wakes from the other 223,000 "non bass boats" registered in the state. What an Idiot
Posted By: 361V

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Originally Posted By: Laker One
[quote=WackySenko]Someone find this dudes social media lol. You know he's got something. Half this article or better is a flat out lie.

Not surprised.

Bingo! This poor old fireman just got his 3rd son through college. Gratuaded from engineering school a couple weeks ago. The 1st one even went to med school! We just got a big raise! And yes I spent many thousands so my sons could listen to some liberal try to brainwash his captive audience. Thank God we got to them first with solid Christian(and republican) values. Sorry, kinda took this off topic! laugh
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/17/18 08:27 PM

Walter Brimley wannabe. He thinks he can complain about something disturbing his little haven for several minutes but needs to look in his own mirror on how much noise, Inconvenienced others, and pollution he added to the environment by getting there.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/18/18 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Flooringit
So only bass boats are loud ? The wake board boats with speakers everywhere are quiet now?

I was just thinking; if any boat should be considered annoying, it is a wakeboard boat. Large wakes and NOISE.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/18/18 11:18 AM

They only run Allisons and Strokers in Missouri, apparently.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/18/18 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: elkhartdom
what a maroon

roflmao thumb
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Time to ban bassboats... - 06/18/18 04:30 PM

Comparing a bass boat to a 747, totally legit comparison... loco roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum