Texas Fishing Forum

Timmy's finger?

Posted By: Fish2222

Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 11:44 AM

Did anyone see the Facebook Live video of Tim Horton's hooked digit?

It was pretty gruesome....I think I heard it was a #12 Treble...I know it was huge.

I've buried a couple hooks in myself, but never that bad.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 11:55 AM

I thought this was gonna be a Timmychanga cartoon.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 12:17 PM

In the video he had braid wrapped around it like someone attempted the line trick and failed. Kvd had a 1/0 or 2/0 triple grip in his hand mid tournament and a fan pulled it out.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 01:32 PM

I've pulled hooks outta probably 25 people with the string pop trick. Works like a champ.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
I've pulled hooks outta probably 25 people with the string pop trick. Works like a champ.

Are you fishing with some extremely clumsy people or are you the one hooking them? scared
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 02:15 PM

Sometimes that happens.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 02:33 PM

That's a huge hook
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 02:55 PM

He said in the video he didn't like the placement and was worried about tendons in the finger and is why he ended up going to the ER. His live feed was pretty comical though grin
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 05:34 PM

Just watched extraction. Looks like the doc was cranking on that hook pretty hard with those pliers. I don't know if the line trick would have ever worked. Maybe, but it would have been a pretty painful ordeal.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 06:46 PM

I had one like that in my thumb couple weeks ago, I tried the heimlich maneuver and it did not work, when I yanked on the string it ended up pulling the hook all the way through my thumb, hurt like hell but all I had to do then was cut the barb off, it was a 5 o owner.

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: shotgunwilly

Are you fishing with some extremely clumsy people or are you the one hooking them? scared

Hey, they get out of line with me and I hook em!! roflmao
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 07:55 PM

We had to do the old line trick last weekend. I had one buried in my knuckle past the barb and we were a long way from an ER. If you know where Zubler's is on Amistad then you'll understand. It hurt at first but my next cast took all the pain away. Caught a lot of fish, just nothing to write home about.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
I had one like that in my thumb couple weeks ago, I tried the heimlich maneuver and it did not work, when I yanked on the string it ended up pulling the hook all the way through my thumb, hurt like hell but all I had to do then was cut the barb off, it was a 5 o owner.

That makes my butt pucker up just reading it! OMG
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 08:41 PM

Fishing with a buddy at TB once and throwing a buzz bait. For whatever reason he got down to the center of the boat without me knowing it and I hooked him in the top of the head with that buzz bait. I was running the trolling motor and wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. Try to picture the buzz bait buried in the top of his head as I head to shore, get him in the truck and head into town. He was actually pretty cool about it but the more I looked at him the harder it got to not giggle. Found a clinic pretty quick and as we were walking down the hall way the buzz bait started spinning and I'm gurgling trying not to laugh. As we walked up to the receptionist she asked "can we help you" and simultaneously saw the buzz bait and said "oh I see". At that point I couldn't hold it any longer and LOL. The line trick wouldn't work on this one, or at least the doctor wouldn't try it so he cut the buzz bait off and pushed the hook on through. My buddy never said a word until I ask the doctor if there was anyway he could get the hook out and save my buzz bait and then my buddy started saying words, some I think he learned from watching George Carlin. You know words you can't say on TV. Anyway our day of fishing was over and after I treated my buddy to a nice dinner we were buds again.

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 09:19 PM

Thats funny Ronnie.

I buried a 1/2 oz Lunker Lure in a buddy’s head and popped it out with the line trick. Took all of about two mins. Curious to know why some of you have not been successful doing it. Worked everytime for me.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 09:33 PM

Only time haven't had line trick work a jm d knew better than to try it was when my uncle got hooked by cousin with a little George while we were catching schooling white bass. Not that bad location. The bridge of the nose. Yes right under where his sunglasses were between his eyes.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 10:28 PM

You need a bigger boat

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 10:35 PM

Thats funny Ronnie.

I buried a 1/2 oz Lunker Lure in a buddy’s head and popped it out with the line trick. Took all of about two mins. Curious to know why some of you have not been successful doing it. Worked everytime for me.

If we fish together Ken I'm thinking we both need to use barbless and weedless hooks. thumb
Posted By: cob

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 11:29 PM

I pulled quite a few out of folks and myself over the years. Only problem was a kid (16) out in a John boat. Had 2 of the front hooks of a 6A Bomber in ring finger and pointer finger. Hard to cut them and leave enough hook to wrap.
Posted By: H2ODawg67

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/15/18 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Thats funny Ronnie.

If we fish together Ken I'm thinking we both need to use barbless and weedless hooks. thumb

Try these.
[img]http://-bend-casting-practice-plug/03936...pgnvJJGsMB84aAh[/img]

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
Thats funny Ronnie.

Try these.

roflmao

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: H2ODawg67
Thats funny Ronnie.

Try these.

roflmao

I like to use an eight foot leader on my C-rigs.... roflmao
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish2222

It was pretty gruesome....I think I heard it was a #12 Treble...I know it was huge.

What is that, a Z - Boss 20?

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 01:32 AM

Thats funny Ronnie.

Well I was by myself and trying to hold the eye of the hook down with my index finger next to my thumb that had the hook buried in it, I actually yanked the hook all the way through the thumb and partially through the middle finger, thank goodness it did not bury the hook into it, I would have had two fingers attached with a big hook, I have another hook story that happened last year, will tell it another time.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 02:52 AM

Was changing hooks out on an Ish Monroe hardbody swimbait when I buried a treble in my finger. Asked my roommate at the time if he had ever done the line trick. He said no and then after I quickly taught him kinda backed out. This hook was deep so I didn’t blame him. Tried to do it myself and had no luck. Ended up in the ER, but let’s face it, this isn’t an emergency. Here I am with a 6 inch bait hanging off my hand and I have to wait. Lo and behold there’s a fish tank in the Presbyterian Dallas ER. I walk over and start waving my hand in front of the tank and fish start following it. This little Hispanic girl, 3 maybe 4, tugs on her dads shirt and says “Papi. Papi. Hay un pescado en su dedo.” I know enough broken Spanish to realize what she has said and trying not to cry laughing. Ended up taking almost half an hour to get the hook out. X ray showed it was damn near touching bone.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

Posted By: sll

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 12:54 PM

sick

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 01:06 PM

Thats funny Ronnie.

Well I was by myself and trying to hold the eye of the hook down with my index finger next to my thumb that had the hook buried in it, I actually yanked the hook all the way through the thumb and partially through the middle finger, thank goodness it did not bury the hook into it, I would have had two fingers attached with a big hook, I have another hook story that happened last year, will tell it another time.

It's never fun doing it by yourself. I'll bet you a blackened catfish dinner I could have jerked it out with the string trick and had you back to fishing in 2 mins.

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan

I bet Timmy Horton swapped out the bait stuck in his hand before they snapped the pic so nobody would know what he was throwing!!

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 01:15 PM

Thats funny Ronnie.

It's never fun doing it by yourself. I'll bet you a blackened catfish dinner I could have jerked it out with the string trick and had you back to fishing in 2 mins.

Oh I have done it a few times, this time was a lot more difficult because of where the hook was and the fact that I was alone, that was two weeks ago today about this time of the morning, thumb still a little sore. How about I just buy you that catfish dinner and skip the hook part, lol.
Posted By: WackySenko

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/16/18 05:34 PM

Been hooked four times and I just push them through. Something about yanking on the thing gives me the heebies.

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/17/18 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: WackySenko
Been hooked four times and I just push them through. Something about yanking on the thing gives me the heebies.

You are causing yourself a LOT of undue pain pushing it thru bud! When the hook flies outta your hand you don't even feel it.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Timmy's finger? - 06/17/18 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: WackySenko

You will now have two holes instead of one. You will loose two pints of blood instead of one. Now the sharks will come and you will need a bigger boat. roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum