Texas Fishing Forum

Elite Series "Legends" Spots

Posted By: fouzman

Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 06:45 PM

I think those spots should be done away with. It's no fun for me to watch legends of the sport languish long after they were at the peak of their games. This year's legends are Rick Clunn, Paul Elias and David Fritts. They rank 101, 105 and 106 respectively in AOY standings. Just sucks to watch once dominant anglers embarrass themselves on the big stage. At least for me. What do you guys think?
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 06:49 PM

I think it's cool they want to be out there and do it still.

I wonder what has changed so much that they are not competitive? It wasn't that long ago that Elias had his big tourney on the a rig.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 06:51 PM

I agree Chris, sometimes things just run their course and it's time to move along...
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:21 PM

I'm on the fence about it, they maybe past their prime, but I find myself wishing them a break out moment. Then again, I also think it's not likely with the over zealous competition they face each event.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:27 PM

...DON'T WATCH them...
but why not let them have a spot .... they earned it.

you guys will sing a different tune when someone starts trying to put you out to pasture.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:34 PM

That's tough. Clunn just won recently too. I see it no different than other guys in 100's. Difference is those guys have never been a legend and never will be...
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:35 PM

https://scout.com/outdoors/bass-fishing/...River-101453488, hard to say for me as well.
Posted By: Derick Maschmeier

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:49 PM

I wouldn't say they are embarrassing themselves. You are talking about the Elite Series. Somebody has to be at the bottom of the standings. Also, they are a huge part of why tournament bass fishing is what it is today. They have ABSOLUTELY earned their spot.
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:49 PM

Would like to see their system kind of like golf. Golf has top 120 or 125 (which is how many can play on Thursday) on money list exempt for next year and all tournament winners exempt for 2 years. Major tournaments get a 5-10 years exemption for that tournament only. For like the top 10 on the top minor league tour you get 1 year exemption for the next year. For the 11-25 in that minor league and all the major leaguers that finished lower than the 120/125 cutoff, they hold 1 tournament where like the top 10 get a 1 year exemption for the next year. Theres medical exemptions and stuff like that too. I think that would cause big excitement. Also if they included 2 majors + Classic. Where a win gave you like 5 year exemption. Have 1 major on same lake every year like the masters then rotate the other major and the classic. You want to talk about excitement, drama, and ratings. Most importantly it allows the best of the up and comers and consistent way up and it forces the veterans to rely on ability instead of name alone and it stops those 1 hit wonders.
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
That's tough. Clunn just won recently too. I see it no different than other guys in 100's. Difference is those guys have never been a legend and never will be...

This ^^^^, Clunn won an Elite in '16, several younger anglers ranked around that and been qualifying and fishing the Elites for several years without a win. I say let the top 3 ranked legends fish it.
But, I'm also one that doesn't like cut lines in the tournaments, because we've seen it before were anglers at #12 catch enough to win, so who's to say someone farther down couldn't have a banner day and win. JMO
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 07:57 PM

Remember It wasn't too long ago many on here was saying KVD was done. I don't mind it, I like to see those guys when I go to an event. Still plenty who are fishing that have never won an event.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 08:14 PM

I like it....they deserve it
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 08:27 PM

Get rid of it. Either earn it like everyone else or move on just like they do in all sports. There is always the Opens and other tours to enjoy them.

And Clunn was my boyhood fishing hero.
Posted By: HDVS

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 08:34 PM

Yeah, let's take away there way of making a living after all the years they have spent helping to build and promote the industry and sport! I'm blown away on a regular basis of how ungrateful and unappreciative people are of the one's who came before them. I'm not old but I would rather have 5 minutes talking with someone like Rick Clunn than an hour with some young angler who just made the the elites and might not be there 2 years later. They make there money off of sponsorships for being ambassadors of the sport! It is a very tough way to make a living and really was back when most of those guys were winning regularly.
Best moment I have ever seen in Bassmaster history was watching Clunn win 2 years ago and seeing the other guys hang around just to see it happen. Those guys appreciate the one's who came before them and built the platform they perform on and that we all get to be fans of.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: HDVS
Yeah, let's take away there way of making a living after all the years they have spent helping to build and promote the industry and sport! I'm blown away on a regular basis of how ungrateful and unappreciative people are of the one's who came before them. I'm not old but I would rather have 5 minutes talking with someone like Rick Clunn than an hour with some young angler who just made the the elites and might not be there 2 years later. They make there money off of sponsorships for being ambassadors of the sport! It is a very tough way to make a living and really was back when most of those guys were winning regularly.
Best moment I have ever seen in Bassmaster history was watching Clunn win 2 years ago and seeing the other guys hang around just to see it happen. Those guys appreciate the one's who came before them and built the platform they perform on and that we all get to be fans of.

+1 on this ,bass fishing is different then other sports these guys can still fish. This would be a lot different if you are talking about Nolan Ryan throwing a 100 MPH fast ball
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83
...DON'T WATCH them...

you guys will sing a different tune when someone starts trying to put you out to pasture.

There you go, solved that problem. clap
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 08:45 PM

I know as strong competitors they probably hate their results but my guess is the "feel good" they are receiving at each and every event from spectators and competitors is still very rewarding. Now saying they deserve the spot is something I have more of a problem with. Saying they earned it would be a better fit than it's deserved. But like, all things, at some point it should and will come to an end.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter
I'm on the fence about it, they maybe past their prime, but I find myself wishing them a break out moment. Then again, I also think it's not likely with the over zealous competition they face each event.

C'mon Billy, remember that 'ol saying, " I'm not as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was". Those older pro's can still do it once and so can you and I. woot
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 09:00 PM

I have no idea how all of that is set up but the way I feel about it is you should have to earn your spot in the tournament just like the rest of the field or you don't belong there. Sounds like there a set number of spots reserved just for the legends. If that's the case it aint right. I love seeing the guys I grew up watching on TV still out there chunking and winding with the young guns but being a legend shouldn't give you automatic entry into a tournament.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted By: HDVS

+1 on this ,bass fishing is different then other sports these guys can still fish. This would be a lot different if you are talking about Nolan Ryan throwing a 100 MPH fast ball

These guys were my childhood fishing idols, too, but professional level tournament fishing isn't any different than other competitive sports in that they are performance/results based. If you can't cut the mustard anymore, bow out with dignity. I appreciate their continued love and drive to compete, and pull for them to do well. Watching Clunn's win a couple years ago was truly a great moment in bass fishing, but it's hard seeing him and the other "legends" perennial bottom dwellers.
Posted By: TechFisherman

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 09:28 PM

What if Clunn wins the upcoming Mississippi River event. . .any opinions change?
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF
I have no idea how all of that is set up but the way I feel about it is you should have to earn your spot in the tournament just like the rest of the field or you don't belong there. Sounds like there a set number of spots reserved just for the legends. If that's the case it aint right. I love seeing the guys I grew up watching on TV still out there chunking and winding with the young guns but being a legend shouldn't give you automatic entry into a tournament.

WHY isn't it RIGHT ???
even in Golf they have a few sponsor exemptions for whoever they feel like giving them to.......
a few spots given to a few,,,, never hurts anything.
everyone knows that a few get in JUST BECAUSE .... their name, their reputation, they know someone, they married someone
it isn't like the ol'boys can't fish any longer.
YOU may not be there to see them ...... but someone is there to watch them and not that young guy

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 09:37 PM

Young guns Jordan Lee and Jason Christi finished 93 and 94 on the Sabine River. Rick Clunn was 59, David Fritts was 73 and Paul Elias was 79. So .........

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: JCBfromTHF

WHY isn't it RIGHT ???

Cuz I said so.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 10:12 PM

The argument that "someone" is "taking away their way to make a living" is asinine. If by your 60's you have not planned and figured out how to support yourself into your "golden years", that one is all on you!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Young guns Jordan Lee and Jason Christi finished 93 and 94 on the Sabine River. Rick Clunn was 59, David Fritts was 73 and Paul Elias was 79. So .........

Look at their average end of year AOY standing the past 3 years. that is how to really look into it and see who is consistently doing well or bad. Lee has won 2 Classic titles in a year. How many Top25s have they had in same time frame? Just a question? I respect them for all they have done and whether they fish the Elites or not will not affect my respect for them in any way. Just discussing here. All can outfish me on their worst day.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Look at their average end of year AOY standing the past 3 years. that is how to really look into it and see who is consistently doing well or bad.

Mark that is logical and doesn't play into a "feel good" narrative. Shame on you for using common sense snd hard facts to support your statement.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/11/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Look at their average end of year AOY standing the past 3 years. that is how to really look into it and see who is consistently doing well or bad. Lee has won 2 Classic titles in a year. How many Top25s have they had in same time frame? Just a question? I respect them for all they have done and whether they fish the Elites or not will not affect my respect for them in any way. Just discussing here. All can outfish me on their worst day.

Looks like they're still making a living Mark and enjoying their sport that's all I'm saying. There are many fishing tournaments from Media to Bass Champs to the Elites who aren't making a dime but they love to compete. I wouldn't want to be the one to tell them they can't. I'm sure like Bill Dance and Roland Martin they'll know when it's time. After all, they are legends.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 01:12 AM

[quote=GIG'EM AGGIES]Young guns Jordan Lee and Jason Christi finished 93 and 94 on the Sabine River. Rick Clunn was 59, David Fritts was 73 and Paul Elias was 79. So .........

roflmao I bet Christie appreciates being called a young gun.
Posted By: Richard McCarty

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 01:22 AM

Qualify for the Elite series, and then win a few, possibly the Classic, then state your opinion.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: rj74955
[quote=GIG'EM AGGIES]Young guns Jordan Lee and Jason Christi finished 93 and 94 on the Sabine River. Rick Clunn was 59, David Fritts was 73 and Paul Elias was 79. So .........

roflmao I bet Christie appreciates being called a young gun.

Ha, yeah not a good choice but he happened to be right behind Jordan. Still young compared to Clunn though. Those guys amaze me that they can keep their passion for their sport over that many years and let's face it it's a brutal sport both mentally and physically.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 01:45 AM

i WISH I could watch them lol, they haven't had a camera boat on them much.
They aren't taking a slot from anyone are they? It's not like they forgot how to fish, one of them will end up having another great tournament finish. David Fritts should be getting a royalty off of every crankbait ever sold.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 04:06 AM

My question is how do they afford it year after year.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 04:10 AM

Well thats true and it don't seem that long ago that Elias won that FLW event but I guess it has been.
Posted By: sll

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 10:52 AM

Those guys grew the sport tremendously in the days of their prime. But fishing and golf are about the only two sports that people can still compete fairly well as they age. Just giving them a spot because they are of senior age and once top competitors (call it a legend's exemption if you want to) kind of reminds me of how all of the millennials of the "Participation Trophy" era today expect everything to be handed to them.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 12:53 PM

Several younger anglers ranked around that and been qualifying and fishing the Elites for several years without a win.

Ain't gotta be young to have that distinction... Swindle has yet to win an Elite tournament, despite winning AOY twice.

Not really. Clunn had been re-qualifying for the Elites on merit, but had to rely on the Legend exemption this year.

I like the points system similar to golf that someone mentioned, that keeps top guys around for a little while longer. But overall, I think I'd like the Legends exemptions done away with and put those spots towards more people qualifying for the Elites via the Opens or BASS Nation.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 01:34 PM

Are there guys who qualified who are being denied a spot in the Elites so the Legends guys can fish? I guess I would have an issue with that. Otherwise, if they are rounding out the field of 110, I have no issue with it. God knows they paid their dues and laid the ground work for countless others. I would think they would know when it's time. I read the article on Bassmaster.com last week of Elias and Grigsby and how much they still love it in their 60's. I think fishing is in your blood. You don't just turn off the joy of it, and if you are a tournament fisherman, it still feeds your competitive side. I guess that means I am squarely on top of the fence...
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 01:46 PM

That's why golf has a Senior's Tour. So the guys who love to compete can do so, and still be competitive.
Posted By: Simmonsdlwa

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 02:00 PM

What percentage of the purse is made up of angler entry fee vs money from TV and sponsors? What percentage of the PGA's purses are made up of golfer entry fee? Probably not much.

The legends keep the legacy sponsors happy. The senior tour was started pre Tiger when golf tv ratings were way down because the Davis Loves of the world were pretty bland in the post Jack and Arnie years.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Simmonsdlwa
What percentage of the purse is made up of angler entry fee vs money from TV and sponsors? What percentage of the PGA's purses are made up of golfer entry fee? Probably not much.

The legends keep the legacy sponsors happy. The senior tour was started pre Tiger when golf tv ratings were way down because the Davis Loves of the world were pretty bland in the post Jack and Arnie years.

PGA members with status do not pay entry fees, only fee is a mandatory $50 "locker fee" per tournament
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 02:44 PM

Any sport were you have to have Athletic ability you will not be as good in later years. Fishing as almost no athletic ability to it more about mental strength. I am guessing Clunn or almost any of these guys can still pitch a jig or pull a C-Rig. I do not see the golf comparison because you can not drive the ball as far when you are 70 then when you where 25 but you can still pitch a jig. These guys are still here for what they have done and still do for the sport. I do not believe their is much need for a 40-70 year running back or pitcher in baseball. The KVD's and Clunn's can still win in fishing late in life. its fishing not a real sport, just a great way of life and hobby for most of us. Their is not enough money in fishing to have a senior tour anyway like golf.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 03:41 PM

Human nature. In every professional sport athletes CAN NOT leave while on top of their game. While I'm sure many do it simply because they still need the income many more stay around because they do not have the ability to see themselves declining the way we do. They think they still "got it". Many of the biggest and highest paid athletes in sports who already had made more money than they could spend in two lifetimes sadly hung on way past their prime. Michael Jordan would be a prime example. Were they still productive? Sure but to me they tarnish their legacy. But in the end it's a personal choice. I do think however they should qualify just like everyone else does. But even on that topic: the directors are not giving them a "gift". It is a business decision that they believe will increase fans numbers. This all is exactally why I was so glad to see Jason Whitten retire this year: "on top"!
Posted By: wconn33

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 03:46 PM

I like that Bass lets some of the old guard fish. These men have given a lot to the sport they should still be allowed to compete.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 04:34 PM

BASS created the spots for the "Legends", they're not taking anyone else's spot... Dan
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 04:59 PM

I, being a older guy, think its great! Gives us somebody to root for that's in our age bracket! Rick Clunn won one a year or 2 ago! Loved it!
Posted By: barbarian

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 05:11 PM

If they aren't taking away spots from others, then its irrelevant can brings sponsors and attention. The Masters in golf used to give a lifetime exemption for their winners for that tournament.

What qualifies you as a legend according to BASS or what is 1 time exemptions?

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: barbarian

Every year, B.A.S.S. decides how many exemptions there will be and who gets them. Last year it was 2, Fritts and Elias.

This year it's 3, Fritts, Clunn, and Elias.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: texasbassdude
Originally Posted By: barbarian

Every year, B.A.S.S. decides how many exemptions there will be and who gets them. Last year it was 2, Fritts and Elias.

This year it's 3, Fritts, Clunn, and Elias.

To further clarify as to what qualifies as a legend, according to the below article, it's past Classic and AOY winners.

https://www.bassmaster.com/news/elite-series-field-set-2018
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan A
BASS created the spots for the "Legends", they're not taking anyone else's spot... Dan

This. It's why it's fine. If the spots were normally for "win and in" points based anglers, I'd take exception to it. But it isn't. It's just to keep things interesting.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 08:14 PM

Aren't these guys still paying their entry fees. If so all they are taking up is another spot at the boat ramp.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 11:45 PM

I guess it depends on the attitude of B.A.S.S when they're setting the field as to whether or not they're taking up any spots. If the attitude is, "We're gonna have 110 anglers. How many will be Legends?" Then yeah, they're taking up spots. But if the attitude is, "We want 107 qualified spots" then they could add 100 Legends and wouldn't be taking any away.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/12/18 11:59 PM

Who wants to walk up to Rick Clunn and say, excuse me Rick, you're too old and not good enough to fish in the Elite's anymore so go find another tournament. Not me buddy. I'm not a big fan of the person but I'm a super fan of his accomplishments. Call him old and washed up if you want, but don't call him a quitter or a loser. He may not win another Classic but in my book he is still a winner, a HOF'er and a Legend.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/13/18 03:02 AM

I wish they would have started it a few years earlier. Maybe then Zell Rowland would still be fishing the elites. A man that had fished over three hundred BASS tournaments threw to the curb., For us ole folks Zell and poppers are synonymous .
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/13/18 03:09 AM

They earned it, leave them alone. Bass fishing shouldn’t just be a young mans sport. We all get old. 2016 wasn’t long ago. Some young guys have been in for longer than 4 and haven’t won.

Kinda like nascar
Posted By: Rocky Robison

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/13/18 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Dan A

This. It's why it's fine. If the spots were normally for "win and in" points based anglers, I'd take exception to it. But it isn't. It's just to keep things interesting.
Originally Posted By: texasbassdude
I guess it depends on the attitude of B.A.S.S when they're setting the field as to whether or not they're taking up any spots. If the attitude is, "We're gonna have 110 anglers. How many will be Legends?" Then yeah, they're taking up spots. But if the attitude is, "We want 107 qualified spots" then they could add 100 Legends and wouldn't be taking any away.

^^^^^
My thought are these comments right here are spot on but I think texasbassdude meant add 3 legends, it's just like Classic entries now.
They had a certain # of qualifying events for years and was the only way in besides being the previous year Classic champ, somewhere around 45. Then they went to those qualifying thru those events and added the top federation angler and now collegiate anglers and a few extra exemptions to put the # around 50 now.
Some will say they don't belong in the Classic either because they don't compete against the same caliber competion weekly.
Brian Kerchal disproved that thought years ago, and I think the Lee bros. and others are showing they belong!
If yutes that are inexperienced to the big time can pull out wins, then olds that are still physically able and are experienced can do it too!

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/13/18 09:58 PM

So many people seem to be hung up on the "old" part. Based on what I see age has nothing to do with qualifying for one of the Legend spots. Unless I am reading it wrong you just have to have a Classic win or AOY win.

You don't have to be "old" to be a legend. Im pretty sure KVD is a legend and I don't consider him old. Sure he has been around a while but I doubt many would consider him old and I am sure he qualifies for a Legend spot based on what I read.

I don't care if you are 15, 50, or 100 years old. If you are good enough to compete in the Elites then you should have no problem earning your spot there like the rest of the field. Just because you won a classic back in the 1970's or what ever doesn't make you good enough to do it now.

I love the true legends of this sport and respect the heck out of what they have accomplished and done for this sport, but you are either at the top of your game or you aint. Watering down the Elite field with people who didn't qualify the usual way don't look good to me.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/13/18 11:59 PM

I would rather they do away with the Legends spots. It makes the field less competitive. That's shown by the AOY rankings of the Legends that have take that exemption. Plus it's controlled by BASS. Larry Nixon should be in a legend spot. They already have a time weighted system That allows averaging of AOY finishes while dropping your worst year for the available spots above 70. For the new guys it's a one year exemption then top 70 or you are out. It will be interesting to see who is out this year.

I would rather they offered two year exemption for anyone in the Top 5 in FLW Tour AOY. That would make the field stronger. There are a number of FLW Tour pros such as Andy Morgan, Bryan Thrift, Mark Rose...that would be serious threats to win on the Elites.

In BASS you could select your top 30 and pick a pretty good percentage of the top ten over the course of a year. Having a stronger field would make that much more difficult.

It's good that in the last few years then started using the system to eliminate some in the Elites.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/14/18 05:52 PM

Maybe they can make a "Legends Division" and fish like Tues and Wed before the Elites fish.

It's all tied together and they get to compete for some cheddar...
Posted By: Burgerboy

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/14/18 09:23 PM

Andy Morgan and others can qualify just like everyone else. Because these spots are created they are not taking someone's spot. That being said I would personally rather see a Senior Tour, so you can see some of the older guys. Does a guy like Fritts still go out for the Elites if there is a Senior event? Probably not. That being said when you have strings and strings of missed cuts, it is disappointing. But I could make the argument that maybe the Elites should be cut to say 50 or 60 Anglers. If it is really Elite, why do you need so many? Same thing with the Classic, while I understand the business plan to give the every day guy a chance at the Classic, are you really fielding the best 50 in the World for your World Champion? No you are not.

Re: Elite Series "Legends" Spots - 06/15/18 12:10 AM

I'm sure BASS has thought this thing out, the last thing they need is a bunch of P-off fans and sponsors. Sooner or later, probably sooner, it will probably come down to stats. That's just the way sports works. Sad day though when men like Clunn and all his accomplishments get bumped. flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum