Texas Fishing Forum

17 overs today

Posted By: coachallentca

17 overs today - 06/09/18 08:17 PM

A friend called and said 17 overs today on Fork.. Is that correct and what is big bass.
Posted By: mudd

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 08:28 PM

Big bass are chomping. Shocked it wasn’t more
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 08:50 PM

At 9 am they already had 8 overs.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chunk
At 9 am they already had 8 overs.

wow
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 09:03 PM

The bite is really, really good. We caught fish all day. Plenty of big slot fish up shallow. Fun day for us. These big fish are supercharged too out here. They fight hard and a 6lber will make you think you got the one on.
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 09:17 PM

We didn't get by the tent today. What's the leading weight?

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Txfiremn
We didn't get by the tent today. What's the leading weight?

Posted By: Fish2222

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:09 PM

So.....2700 entries and 17 overs is good????
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish2222

Agree that sounds very bad to me, having been there in Nov and March I wasnt really impressed at all, I did get my pb on my 3rd cast in March but nothing locals would brag about at 7.89 and a under.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:29 PM

You caught a 7.89 under? Everybody would brag about that.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:32 PM

Here’s some perspective. The Sealy event last year, which has about as many entrants, had 19 overs in 3 days.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:36 PM

I don't think the impressive part was the anglers catching but rather the lake producing.
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:41 PM

I don't think there were 8 overs the entire tourney last year.
Posted By: Neches

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Agree that sounds very bad to me, having been there in Nov and March I wasnt really impressed at all, I did get my pb on my 3rd cast in March but nothing locals would brag about at 7.89 and a under.
Isn't there an Iowa fishing forum somewhere that you would like better?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 10:43 PM

Sounds bad to me too. That means almost every square inch of the lake gets pounded and 17 fish over the spot are caught?

In perspective, waxahachie lake had 20 boats on it for 3 hours last Thursday and a skinny 9.89 was caught!

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 11:31 PM

The size of unders needed for a check this year is insane.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 11:38 PM

Even the small tournaments are bringing in overs. Started late last year.

Our club, fishing on Thursday with only 16 contestants had two overs. WE are always catching 23+" fish. Despite what Jeff from Iowa said, who incidentally joined the LFA when he was here in the spring, we have been hammering big fish for the last two years. Oh did he say he caught his personal best?

It is what fun fishing is supposed to be about and why the slot works here. Catch and release and you can catch that big girl over and over.
Posted By: basshc

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 11:40 PM

Man guess I better quit fishin deep ain’t do in no good at all and I ain’t that bad.Boy Howdy like 3.08 or something winning under that thing got to be like a football must be really late spawner then they had over like 6 and a half turnin in to freak show
Posted By: Cameron

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 11:51 PM

I was pretty surprised it was only 17.

What determines a good and bad tournament weigh in for both Skeeter and McDonalds? Status of the thermocline. Legend is always ahead of the setup-

My 2 cents.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 11:51 PM

move on

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 11:58 PM

when you put that many boats lakes tend to shut down. Yes I say 17 in one day is good.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/09/18 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce Allen
Even the small tournaments are bringing in overs. Started late last year.

Our club, fishing on Thursday with only 16 contestants had two overs. WE are always catching 23+" fish. Despite what Jeff from Iowa said, who incidentally joined the LFA when he was here in the spring, we have been hammering big fish for the last two years. Oh did he say he caught his personal best?

It is what fun fishing is supposed to be about and why the slot works here. Catch and release and you can catch that big girl over and over.

Im not sure why you take offense to my post but 17 over for that many boats is a very low number.

I joined and fished with you guys in Nov, didnt make it to a tourney in the spring.

It's not 2700 boats. Its 2700 entries. Look back at the years past. This was a great first day.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 12:03 AM

Yeah I'd say so. How many other tournament days have had more?
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 12:47 AM

Only 17 overs and a 3+ pound under??? That settles it, I'm not going back to Fork (at least not until after this weekend anyway). bolt
Posted By: Neches

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 12:58 AM

So if you you put 1350 Skeeter owners and 1350 Rangers owners on Fork in a one day tournament who would weigh in more overs? bolt
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:04 AM

I've been there for Basschamps megabass in spring and zero overs were caught. I'd say 17 is pretty good fishing
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Neches
So if you you put 1350 Skeeter owners and 1350 Rangers owners on Fork in a one day tournament who would weigh in more overs? bolt

Skeeter owners, because they would be first to the good spots! stir
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:34 AM

Give us an update on all the tournaments in Iowa combined.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:38 AM

I think 17 Overs today is pretty dadgummed good. Some of you guys seem to think catching a bass over 24" is an easy task. I know guys that have fished the lake since it opened and have never landed a bass over 24". They've caught a DD but it wasn't 24" long.

My guess is that those of you that think 17 Overs in one day with 2700 entrants is not that good has most likely never fished a large event on Fork.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:51 AM

Jeff, not historically.

Year's ago I think the McDonald had something like 3 dozen on 3500 entries. They have not broken 3000 in I'd say 10 years. Basically since the gas prices went up. They usually have around two dozen overs.

The average for the big tournaments is usually around 12-15 not counting McDonald. So day one at 17 looks to be a record in the making for Skeeter.

The lake is just fishing real good right now and will probably continue as long as the water levels stay up.

I forgot when you were here, but afterwards I saw you posting from down south.Looking for adventure and bigger fish? I would if I were in your shoes. LOL

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:56 AM

Jaret.. that is springs of the past. Remember the two 12's from 2017, or the 3 11's from this year. They have been averaging at least one over per hour for several years now.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Bryanmc57
Only 17 overs and a 3+ pound under??? That settles it, I'm not going back to Fork (at least not until after this weekend anyway). bolt

You must have missed the part where the guy said he caught a 7 pound under back in March... stir
Posted By: patriot07

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 02:49 AM

I've been fishing Fork for years and never caught an over. Had several between 23 and 24, but no overs.

17 in one day? That's awesome, and I don't care how many entries there are. If there were 17 overs, there had to be a ton of big slots being caught too. Bet it was a fun day for a lot of folks.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 02:54 AM

over it

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 02:58 AM

I forgot when you were here, but afterwards I saw you posting from down south.Looking for adventure and bigger fish? I would if I were in your shoes. LOL

Still not sure what you find offensive. Id expect a lot more overs with 2700 entrants on a lake with the reputation of Fork. I know Im not alone but clearly not many others will chime in now after the few of you being so offended by a simple post.

But yes I was on Falcon in Feb and again in March and then went to Fork in March also on the way home I think for at combined total of 6 weeks.

I guess Falcon is adventure in it self to some people because of all the bad guys? Bigger fish has nothing to do with why I was down there, I dont ice fish and since the ice out was in April.......

Again sorry your so offended, Ill be in Texas again when I move my son into Baylor, hopefully thats ok!? Also looking to by a place in Waco or Austin area so thats why Ive been going down there in the first place.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 03:03 AM

Y'all are right... it's terrible....go fish tawakoni... P L E A S E

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 03:06 AM

he did not catch a 7 lb under. The biggest under that I am aware of was caught at the Skeeter about 8 to 10 years ago by a lady. It weighed in at 3.50 and was only 15 1/2". A true football. And there was another heavy under caught a couple of years ago too.

I believe he said it was a 7 something over which is not unusual. Those old bass begin to loose weight. A guy had a 28" bass that only went 6 + back in the winter.
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 03:20 AM

he did not catch a 7 lb under. The biggest under that I am aware of was caught at the Skeeter about 8 to 10 years ago by a lady. It weighed in at 3.50 and was only 15 1/2". A true football. And there was another heavy under caught a couple of years ago too.

I believe he said it was a 7 something over which is not unusual. Those old bass begin to loose weight. A guy had a 28" bass that only went 6 + back in the winter.
I believe that was the Legend Owners Tourney. Regardless, it was a beast

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 03:22 AM

I know he didn’t catch a 7 pound under; pretty sure he meant slot. But his quote was “I did get my pb on my 3rd cast in March but nothing locals would brag about at 7.89 and a under.”
Posted By: Rog

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 03:48 AM

Jeff, not historically.

Year's ago I think the McDonald had something like 3 dozen on 3500 entries. They have not broken 3000 in I'd say 10 years. Basically since the gas prices went up. They usually have around two dozen overs.

The average for the big tournaments is usually around 12-15 not counting McDonald. So day one at 17 looks to be a record in the making for Skeeter.

The lake is just fishing real good right now and will probably continue as long as the water levels stay up.

Wow you could be a bit nicer......don’t you represent LFA? Still doesn’t compare to when the lake was full of grass AND before the kill. But yes lake is fishing great now after two years of high water and heavy cover (willows that grew up during the drought) coming out of the drought. He was down just after the big rains and water was super muddy. Was tough then. Think what it would be with some hydrilla all over the lake again......

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 12:00 PM

Bruce is correct. It was a Skeeter Owners event where a lady weighed a 3.50 Under. I saw it too.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 12:15 PM

Still not sure what you find offensive. Id expect a lot more overs with 2700 entrants on a lake with the reputation of Fork. I know Im not alone but clearly not many others will chime in now after the few of you being so offended by a simple post.

But yes I was on Falcon in Feb and again in March and then went to Fork in March also on the way home I think for at combined total of 6 weeks.

I guess Falcon is adventure in it self to some people because of all the bad guys? Bigger fish has nothing to do with why I was down there, I dont ice fish and since the ice out was in April.......

Again sorry your so offended, Ill be in Texas again when I move my son into Baylor, hopefully thats ok!? Also looking to by a place in Waco or Austin area so thats why Ive been going down there in the first place.

Jeff from Iowa,

I am certainly not offended. You are entitled to your opinion.
I do think you are uninformed however.

A 24" largemouth is kind of like a 6' 4" man. Sure there are a lot of them scattered out across the nation but how many live in Des Moines?

A PRIME example is the 13.78 caught in the Legend Boat event two weeks ago. That fish was 24 1/4" Long! Many bass will NEVER get to 24" long but they may still weigh 10-12#. There are quite a few SAL fish that were not 24" long recorded over the years.

Cameron Burnett of LFM weighed this SAL that went 13.22 that was 23" long!

https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/visitorcen...html?fishid=291

https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/visitorcen...html?fishid=237

Here is a 14.15 from Fork that was 23.5" long!

cheers
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

Jeff from Iowa,

I am certainly not offended. You are entitled to your opinion.
I do think you are uninformed however.

A 24" largemouth is kind of like a 6' 4" man. Sure there are a lot of them scattered out across the nation but how many live in Des Moines?

A PRIME example is the 13.78 caught in the Legend Boat event two weeks ago. That fish was 24 1/4" Long! Many bass will NEVER get to 24" long but they may still weigh 10-12#. There are quite a few SAL fish that were not 24" long recorded over the years.

Cameron Burnett of LFM weighed this SAL that went 13.22 that was 23" long!

https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/visitorcen...html?fishid=291

https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/visitorcen...html?fishid=237

Here is a 14.15 from Fork that was 23.5" long!

cheers

On the other hand, back when the slot was 14-21 a lady weighed in an over that weighed a tad over 3-1/2 pounds. Looked like a trout. Length doesn't always dictate weight.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 12:27 PM

Something else I would like to point out. I hear about bass that are 28-29" long from time to time and I always question how the angler measured them.

I have witnessed several folks that have pulled out a tape measure and held it at the nose of the fish and pulled it up & over the fish's body to the tail. They come up with 28" on a fish that is actually only 24.

No offense meant to the folks that have done this but it ain't the proper way to measure fish.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:04 PM

Something else I would like to point out. I hear about bass that are 28-29" long from time to time and I always question how the angler measured them.

I have witnessed several folks that have pulled out a tape measure and held it at the nose of the fish and pulled it up & over the fish's body to the tail. They come up with 28" on a fish that is actually only 24.

No offense meant to the folks that have done this but it ain't the proper way to measure fish.

That was probably me, lol. Also hold'em as far out as possible for pictures. thumb
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:08 PM

Here comes ole' Mutha Forker! IMHO, 17 overs in one day is most definitely proof that the lake is fishing very well, I don't care if there were 27,000 entrants. I've never caught an over out there and I've been fishing the lake since 1988.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

That was probably me, lol. Also hold'em as far out as possible for pictures. thumb

LOL Ronnie.

I have measured a few over the years and helped folks order replicas of their fish. I will use a piece of fishin line to measure the girth of the fish. Wrap it around the biggest part of her body then measure the piece of line.
Posted By: Tubby

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Captain Chunk
Originally Posted By: Bryanmc57

You must have missed the part where the guy said he caught a 7 pound under back in March... stir

He didn’t say that
You need to read better, he said he caught a 7 lb “and” an under
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 02:29 PM

A buddy of mine caught a 12.8 a few years back it measured 23 7/8” we couldn’t get 24” no matter what we did. We let her go after weighing her and taking pictures
Posted By: Bass N Beer

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 02:41 PM

Many years ago during a little club team tournament (14-21 Slot), my partner caught a huge fish. I netted it, he thru it on the scales, and it went a little over 10lbs. He put it in the livewell. A little while went by, and I told him, we never measured that fish. He said it's over 10lbs, we're good. Well riding back to weigh in, I again suggested we measure it. He got it out, we measured it every way possible, and that fish wouldn't make 21". Took lots of pictures, measured everything for a replica, and released it.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 07:23 PM

I think 17 Overs today is pretty dadgummed good. Some of you guys seem to think catching a bass over 24" is an easy task. I know guys that have fished the lake since it opened and have never landed a bass over 24". They've caught a DD but it wasn't 24" long.

My guess is that those of you that think 17 Overs in one day with 2700 entrants is not that good has most likely never fished a large event on Fork.

I TOTALLY AGREE.....

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 07:59 PM

Very fun two days. Lake Fork is in great shape and looking forward to fishing it even more and watching it get even better.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 08:33 PM

I've only caught one known over and luckily it was in a tournament last year on Memorial day weekend.
A couple of buddies that I turned onto a hole for this Skeeter deal caught 2 overs (over 9#)off it this week!

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 09:03 PM

25 overs. Be interesting to see if Sealy can match that.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 10:48 PM

they had 10 this morning before 9 AM to me that is 27

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 10:55 PM

they had 10 this morning before 9 AM to me that is 27

Results posted on Bass Champs site only shows 8 overs for Day 2.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/10/18 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Very fun two days. Lake Fork is in great shape and looking forward to fishing it even more and watching it get even better.

Looks to me like Lake Fork was the real winner here. The 'ol gal is still producing huge bass. Congrats to all the winners. thumb

Re: 17 overs today - 06/11/18 12:13 AM

Mark I guess the guys working the live release boat got confused.

Besides just dealing with all of the fish and overs, TPWD laid a deal on the volunteers of 18 empty vials to put fin clippings in to give to the people who caught them so when they filed for the SAL trophy program they could add that to the application.

And also reported to me was that there were at least 6 big slots that earned the owners a $250 ticket each.
Posted By: FMJag64

Re: 17 overs today - 06/11/18 01:57 PM

Pretty solid. I dont think a lot of people are factoring all the slot fish that were close that had to be thrown back. Not too many other lakes around that you can catch fish of that potential regularly. Can only imagine the number of 5,6,7 & 8 pounders that were caught and tossed back bc not quite 24 inches.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/11/18 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: FMJag64
Pretty solid. I dont think a lot of people are factoring all the slot fish that were close that had to be thrown back. Not too many other lakes around that you can catch fish of that potential regularly. Can only imagine the number of 5,6,7 & 8 pounders that were caught and tossed back bc not quite 24 inches.

Very true, by most lake rules we would be talking about how many over 5lb or 7lb etc, probably a ton of them like you said. On most lakes you dont even measure your fish or at least I dont, Ill weigh them once in a while if one is considerably larger than the ones I been catching but even then not always.
Posted By: mitchell_usmc

Re: 17 overs today - 06/11/18 10:08 PM

I got an over... then the bent rod pattern for everyone around was on

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 01:08 PM

From earlier in this thread it seemed like a few of you weren't too impressed by the number of 24+" fish brought into the scales at this event. May I make a suggestion: Try measuring some of those bass you guys are catching on an accurate measuring board. Then come back on here and let us know how easy it is to catch one over 24 inches at your home lake.

roflmao
Posted By: skins84

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 01:20 PM

What? I thought if you made a trip to Lake Fork, a 10 pounder was pretty much a sure thing. For sure if you hired a guide. I live at Fork, and thought 25 overs was a impressive number. Shows just how good the lake has been fishing this year.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 01:20 PM

What they got in Iowa to smoke?
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 02:35 PM

Ive fished more tournaments on Fork than I can count. And I can tell you this, Ive seen every length, shape, size of bass you can imagine. So many people go by that stupid length x girth figure. Who ever made that up should be kicked in the butt. The fish on Fork come in all shapes and sizes. lol.
But 17 overs in one day is pretty dang good. No matter how many anglers are fishing.
Im just looking forward to being back in a Skeeter so I can get back in this tournament next year. Always loved it. Well put together and the Bass Champs crew makes it first class.
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 03:33 PM

Jeff, how many overs did you catch when you were at Falcon and how many at Fork? Sounds like you had 5 or 6 overs on your trip, huh?

Those of us who have seen Fork come and go, mainly go, have fished most all big bass events, fish the lake often, fish from dark to dark, throw everything at them, know all of the ten thousand great spots on the lake, buy $70,000 Skeeters, $10,000 in plastics, buy a little house on Fork, and have only caught one fish over 9, 3 over 8, and 2 just over 7, know how tough the lake is year in and year out. My son and I fished the Skeeter, other than an hour of trolling motor trouble, we fished hard for two solid days. We caught 7 fish, I had a 7.43 that was 23", and he had a 4-1/2 that was 19", and some unders. I had a 1.95 in the first hour and that fish was smoked by the smallest hour fish, around a 2.2 or so, can't remember. Fork gets hammered by tournaments, out of staters who just know they'll catch a ten, 75 big bass events a week, or so it seems, and just tons of people, like most of us, who are mystified by the mystique of LAKE FORK. The average Fork bass has a doctorate in lureology and has seen it all. They are just far smarter than fish in most lakes. Getting them to just bite is very tough for anyone.

Anyone who thinks it's easy just to catch fish on Fork is in dreamland. If you think 17 overs in a day isn't awesome, you flat don't know the lake and/or are not in the same reality as those of us who get our butts kicked by Fork many many times per year.

Can't wait for the Sealy!!!

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BWBForney
Jeff, how many overs did you catch when you were at Falcon and how many at Fork? Sounds like you had 5 or 6 overs on your trip, huh?

Those of us who have seen Fork come and go, mainly go, have fished most all big bass events, fish the lake often, fish from dark to dark, throw everything at them, know all of the ten thousand great spots on the lake, buy $70,000 Skeeters, $10,000 in plastics, buy a little house on Fork, and have only caught one fish over 9, 3 over 8, and 2 just over 7, know how tough the lake is year in and year out. My son and I fished the Skeeter, other than an hour of trolling motor trouble, we fished hard for two solid days. We caught 7 fish, I had a 7.43 that was 23", and he had a 4-1/2 that was 19", and some unders. I had a 1.95 in the first hour and that fish was smoked by the smallest hour fish, around a 2.2 or so, can't remember. Fork gets hammered by tournaments, out of staters who just know they'll catch a ten, 75 big bass events a week, or so it seems, and just tons of people, like most of us, who are mystified by the mystique of LAKE FORK. The average Fork bass has a doctorate in lureology and has seen it all. They are just far smarter than fish in most lakes. Getting them to just bite is very tough for anyone.

Anyone who thinks it's easy just to catch fish on Fork is in dreamland. If you think 17 overs in a day isn't awesome, you flat don't know the lake and/or are not in the same reality as those of us who get our butts kicked by Fork many many times per year.

Can't wait for the Sealy!!!

No way really a 7ok boat, golly gee thats just amazing. I been towing 1300 miles each way to Falcon thinking I was a high roller with a 16 foot metal one.
Posted By: White Oak Skeeter

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 07:57 PM

Not sure what a "7ok" boat is, do you mean a 70K boat? No, I'm not a high roller at all. But, it's funny the opinions of those who fish a lake a few times and then critique those who actually spend time on said lake. Way to try to divert the thread and not answer. I'll assume you had 0 overs.

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: BWBForney
Not sure what a "7ok" boat is, do you mean a 70K boat? No, I'm not a high roller at all. But, it's funny the opinions of those who fish a lake a few times and then critique those who actually spend time on said lake. Way to try to divert the thread and not answer. I'll assume you had 0 overs.

I was poking fun at you bud, its funny how you guys are so bent out of shape if I made a new user name like Skeeter 11,978 it would be a moot point. I too have a 70k boat with 20k in electronics and a 135k rv I rough it in....

No need to divert the answer is already in this thread, or was when you asked.

I caught a 7.89 and didnt measure its length didnt give a [censored] I wasnt fishing a card tourney or looking for a keeper for a meal. Caught it on my 3rd cast after launching and driving back to a spot I scoped out in Nov. Surely one of your 10k good spots!
Posted By: KingChamp202

Re: 17 overs today - 06/12/18 11:41 PM

TPWD Would have a better chance producing a PIG on CONROE rather than fork after seeing those results.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: 17 overs today - 06/13/18 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: KingChamp202
TPWD Would have a better chance producing a PIG on CONROE rather than fork after seeing those results.

They've been trying....Conroe is a Great Lake, it can't compete against Fork. I see first hand the abuse Fork gets, and she still keeps growing big fish. It's amazing really, she's not what she once was, but, still pretty dang good.. thumb

Re: 17 overs today - 06/13/18 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

They've been trying....Conroe is a Great Lake, it can't compete against Fork. I see first hand the abuse Fork gets, and she still keeps growing big fish. It's amazing really, she's not what she once was, but, still pretty dang good.. thumb

Yep and there's no 50' cruisers, wave boats and jet ski's on Fork and Fork still holds the state record. There's a reason why all the big bass tournaments are held on Fork but we'll be more than happy to send them to Conroe for awhile. clap
Posted By: Brent S

Re: 17 overs today - 06/13/18 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Ive fished more tournaments on Fork than I can count. And I can tell you this, Ive seen every length, shape, size of bass you can imagine. So many people go by that stupid length x girth figure. Who ever made that up should be kicked in the butt. The fish on Fork come in all shapes and sizes. lol.
But 17 overs in one day is pretty dang good. No matter how many anglers are fishing.
Im just looking forward to being back in a Skeeter so I can get back in this tournament next year. Always loved it. Well put together and the Bass Champs crew makes it first class.

How come you are going back to Skeeter?
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: 17 overs today - 06/13/18 02:04 PM

Yep and there's no 50' cruisers, wave boats and jet ski's on Fork and Fork still holds the state record. There's a reason why all the big bass tournaments are held on Fork but we'll be more than happy to send them to Conroe for awhile. clap

I often wonder if these huge big fish tournaments change the dynamics of the lake, it would be interesting to see the impact on the lake if tournaments were outlawed for a 4-5 year period. I know it would never happen, in the local merchants minds it would be devastating to the lakes economy. Or would it ? I remember when the boat ramps were full of outta state visitors virtually year round. Back then, these large events were few, certainly nowhere near the number of entries. Just thinking out loud. I'm crazy right.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: 17 overs today - 06/13/18 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Brent S
Originally Posted By: Sinkey

How come you are going back to Skeeter?

whatttttt
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: 17 overs today - 06/13/18 09:30 PM

I often wonder if these huge big fish tournaments change the dynamics of the lake, it would be interesting to see the impact on the lake if tournaments were outlawed for a 4-5 year period. I know it would never happen, in the local merchants minds it would be devastating to the lakes economy. Or would it ? I remember when the boat ramps were full of outta state visitors virtually year round. Back then, these large events were few, certainly nowhere near the number of entries. Just thinking out loud. I'm crazy right.

It'll always be good cause 95% of the bass get released back into the lake. Big difference when vast schools of fish are protected and can't be moved or stressed other than fishing pressure compared to a Toledo where majority of keepers go home to meet the grease..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum