Texas Fishing Forum

Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River

Posted By: Mordecai

Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/04/18 12:16 AM

Hey guys!

I've fished the river several times, but I went out today for the first time in months and it seems like some of the inlets are clogged and you can't get passed them.

I tried to hit up Bethy where the creek runs out, but I couldn't get passed a submerged island.

I didn't try going in the other way a bit further down the river where it's wider.

How do y'all get back there now? Did the heavy rains silt up a lot of the inlets?

Thanks!

Edit: Here's a visual

The red is the path I tried and got stuck. The blue is the spot I'm curious about, I've never tried that way.
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/04/18 12:42 AM

The blue path was open last time I was there, around May 2017. But it was definitely shallow.

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/04/18 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Mudman63
The blue path was open last time I was there, around May 2017. But it was definitely shallow.

Can you remember if it was like 1' shallow or inches shallow? I can get through 1' but I err on the side of caution anything shallower haha.
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/04/18 12:48 AM

Yeah, maybe 1’, and the bottom was soft. I’d say idle speed only!

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/04/18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Mudman63
Yeah, maybe 1’, and the bottom was soft. I’d say idle speed only!

Thanks! I usually use the trolling motor through unfamiliar territory so if I hit something like a island or bar I can just back up.

Thanks for the help!! smile
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/04/18 01:22 PM

U run it fast your ok. Idle ull be dragging bottom. The blue path is the only way I know. The other way silted in a few years ago. In all my years fishing up there u just go fast enuff to trim up full.

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/08/18 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
U run it fast your ok. Idle ull be dragging bottom. The blue path is the only way I know. The other way silted in a few years ago. In all my years fishing up there u just go fast enuff to trim up full.

You run the blue path on plane to get through?
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/09/18 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Vidahr

Yep. Idle works too but takes forever.

Re: Getting into Bethy Creek from Trinity River - 06/09/18 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: TxBazzn
Originally Posted By: Vidahr

Yep. Idle works too but takes forever.

I'll prolly idle the first time and get a trail then plane out.

Thanks for the help man!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum