Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Jacksonville help needed!!!

Posted By: fishman805

Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 06/03/18 11:56 PM

I will be fishing Lake Jacksonville next weekend for the first time. It looks like the lake has large mouth and spotted bass. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 06/04/18 12:55 AM

Pick a different lake.
Posted By: fishman805

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 06/04/18 01:53 AM

I'm going for a family weekend of fun. Hoping to fish a little but I've never been on the lake.
Posted By: Treyflo

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 05/16/19 02:47 PM

Can anyone offer some general information for fishing a night tournament in June? I hear the lake has few hazards, so just trying to find out if the lake has a good number of underwater lighted docks and any lure choice or presentation advice would be very appreciated?
Posted By: jcg1970

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 05/16/19 05:50 PM

The only hazards that I can think of are trees in Cat Creek and a couple of long shallow points, other than that it is wide open at normal pool. I remember when there was timber on the northwest side of the island, but I think it may have been removed. Stay to the middle and you should be safe. There are a lot of small bass there. I am not sure about the lights. I haven't been on that lake at night in many years.
Posted By: SKR3

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 05/17/19 01:19 PM

Plenty underwater lights,fairly easy to spot after dark. Use a lightweight shaky head with junebug trick worm. Lots of Kentucky's
Posted By: Treyflo

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 06/06/19 07:00 PM

If I am looking for Spotted Bass is there an idea area to fish for them? Thanks for the information?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 06/07/19 02:24 AM

Just fish normally... You'll run into a spotted.

When you catch a fish, just hold it's mouth close. If the jaw extends past the eyes on the fish, it's a largemouth. If not, you have a spotted.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Jacksonville help needed!!! - 06/07/19 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ranger 188
Pick a different lake.

roflmao thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum