Texas Fishing Forum

CRig Leader Holder I built

Posted By: danceswithbass

CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 05:48 PM

Just did my second incarnation of a CRig leader holder. First was wood with little nails and a rubber band on other end for hooks. Doesnt work all that well if you dont tie your leaders exactly same length, and I am now lengthening for hot water/summer fishing.

This is my next attempt. Cost was four dollars at home depot. I bought the four pack of 3/4 inch pipe insulation, tied those three together, then I used broken off toothpicks to stick the swivel over, which I dont love but dont want sharp nails etc. Anybody come up with a better design?

Posted By: Bruce's

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 06:28 PM

To easy to retie. Gets in way , unravels. gets caught on stuff

But good try.

I did the same thing many moons ago.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 06:30 PM

I just put mine in a zip lock bag
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce's Guide Service

But good try.

I agree. Gotta appreciate the effort, but a c rig can be made in about 45 seconds. It's a great use of 45 seconds too....that's when I sit down, retie, and get a drink.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 06:37 PM

I use a worm bag binder with the bags, stick one in each baggie. Works great, what you have done looks like a train wreck in waiting .
Posted By: fivebites

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bruce's Guide Service

But good try.

Agree with you Bruce. Good idea, but I wouldn't use it much. Since I use braid as my main line for the C-rig, if I break off 95% of the time it's just the hook. Can retie that really quickly. If I break it all off (which I hate!!), then it's probably time to cut off some of that braid anyway.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 08:30 PM

A 2 foot section of swimming pool noodle works well too. Put the swivel in place wrap the line around it and stick the hook point through the swivel to hold it
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
A 2 foot section of swimming pool noodle works well too. Put the swivel in place wrap the line around it and stick the hook point through the swivel to hold it

This is exactly what I do.....similar to yours, Steve.
Posted By: wtf242

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 08:47 PM

this looks cool. i put crigs in individual zip lock bags
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: CRig Leader Holder I built - 05/28/18 09:32 PM

I hate retying these things on the water, have worse eyes, or drag it through gnarlier rock patches than some of you guys (or all of the above) I guess. Will see how it goes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum