Texas Fishing Forum

Soft Swimbaits

Posted By: Jaredk

Soft Swimbaits - 05/26/18 09:47 PM

Just bought a few MB magdrafts, magslowls, Ragos & Hudds. What’s the best way/areas to fish these to gain confidence?
Posted By: RPD

Re: Soft Swimbaits - 05/26/18 09:58 PM

go to a stock tank you know has bass in them
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Soft Swimbaits - 05/26/18 09:59 PM

Be patient, very patient
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Soft Swimbaits - 05/26/18 10:00 PM

How:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxbavCHWuII

Where:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940i6Vf0xr8

These two guys also have a ton of other videos just on big swimbaits alone. Everything you need to know is on their channel.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Soft Swimbaits - 05/26/18 10:21 PM

Been catching a bunch on the Megabass Magdrafts as of late. Been a fun bite. Couple of good ones too. There is a weedless version coming very soon as well for guys that prefer to fish them with non treble hook setups.

Very versatile bait. Can fish it at a variety of speeds and depths. also don't think they are clear water baits only eithetr. Start out throwing the 5-6" versions in the same places you would throw a squarebill etc. The bite is unmistakable as well. Will not take long to get confidence in them.
Posted By: TexasHarleySales

Re: Soft Swimbaits - 05/28/18 09:24 PM

Go into this knowing that bites will be far and few between compared to other baits. The bites you do get on big baits will be from some seriously big bass though. *Disclaimer: I've also caught 15" bass on 10" swimbaits.

One thing I've noticed is that most people fish these baits WAY TOO FAST. Slow it down to a texas rig crawl. Nothing wrong with bumping them along the bottom.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Soft Swimbaits - 05/29/18 01:23 AM

If you really want to learn, don't take anything but two big baits out and throw them. When you get completely sick of it, throw them some more. When that one bites you will forget all about the bad times and you will be addicted.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum