Texas Fishing Forum

Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally

Posted By: BAllen91

Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/24/18 11:11 PM

Bought two 1000 yd rolls of Seaguar off of EBay from “UnitedOutdoors”, he has thousands of reviews and over a 99% positive rating. There are too many things that look wrong about this for it to be real Seaguar, it’s spooled sloppy and Seaguar line is always spooled very neatly. They always have a Seaguar sticker holding the line to the spool and this one has a generic sticker.

Does anyone know if there is a Seaguar rep in Texas? I’d like to show them to help prove my case and hopefully take some sort of action against the person selling it as authentic Seaguar.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/24/18 11:16 PM

Seaguar is NOT being level wound on bulk spools any longer. I got this info directly from their marketing manager in NY a few months back.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/24/18 11:19 PM

This topic comes up about once a month now. And everybody that gets it thinks its counterfeit

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/24/18 11:25 PM

There are a few other reasons that make me think it’s fake. I doubt that they stopped using their Seaguar stickers to keep the line too. I’m going to take it to a Seaguar dealer tomorrow and compare..will report back.
Posted By: Clark3

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/24/18 11:45 PM

The one I just Got from cabelas doesn’t have seagar sticker and isn’t perfectly round

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 12:37 AM

Will you post a picture of yours? The label on what I got is small and doesn’t come to the edges
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 02:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L55t1jhcrtQ

This has been an ongoing issue. Check out the test to determine authenticity.
Posted By: Jeff From Iowa

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 05:04 AM

I got a 1000 yard roll of tatsu, not level wound anymore and not in the plastic wrap around piece. It was from amazon. Its definitely tatsu as it works great, the level wind is a bit of a bummer it comes off the spool a lot more eratic now so you can just set it on the floor and hold it with your feet etc, it really needs to be on a bolt in a vise.
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 11:31 AM

...something to be said for buying 200 yard mini spools ......
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 01:07 PM

Well....Just out of curiosity I did try to light my level wind Seaguar on fire and it would not light. I did get Trilene mono to light and burn.

I have heard that Seaguar no longer level winds their spools so I'll do the burn test in future purchases. I always by the 1000 yrd spools.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 01:52 PM

I think the only thing you fully prove with the burn test is that it is not monofilament. Based on that the likelihood that it is what you were intending to buy is high. It is likely not counterfeit.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 02:07 PM

Doesn’t it make more sense to buy 1000 yd spools from TW? Erase any doubt and it’s so much cheaper than the small spools.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 03:02 PM

I ordered a couple bulk spools from TW that weren't level-wound. I don't think it makes a difference but I did email their customer service asking why they still advertise level-wind on all their spools and got no response.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 07:54 PM

I quit buying line and hooks off ebay. This happens a lot. The last time I bought a bulk pack of Gamagatsu hooks off there they were not Gama. They were some cheap hooks.
You never know on line how it has been kept or what it really is.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 07:56 PM

This cant be true. I was told Aliexpress buys their products from the same assembly line as the real Seaguar is made.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Counterfeit Seaguar Line - Is there a Seaguar Rep locally - 05/25/18 08:25 PM

I just bought two 1000 yd spools from a Seaguar rep and they came in what looks to be a 3000 yd spool and no longer has the seaguar sticker. I say a 3000 yd spool because it has the top sticker saying 1000 yd, but it only takes up about 1/3 of the spool.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum